Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #145  
Nope. JUST civil war. There's no way we're going to be able to convene a Constitutional Convention to completely rewrite the country's definition, so unless we can get some compromises going in Congress to try to satisfy the secessionist states... the federal government will have to employ military force to try to force the states to comply with federal law.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-13-2012, 07:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
In which case the military will be divided, and the respective states National Guards will be called upon to act as a defensive force.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 11-13-2012, 08:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #147  
No the military would still be under the federal government it would be up to the states to provide local militias. Especially since it is a program the states do not fund.
Old Posted 11-13-2012, 08:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Um....actually the National Guard answers to the governor of their respective state. Yes, the same oath is sworn (to defend the Constitution, etc.), but answers directly to the governor, not the President. Hence why the President can't task the National Guard, they have to go through the Governor in order to.
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

A monster, a monster
Old Posted 11-13-2012, 08:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #149  
I was only talking about the army and I am not sure but possibly the navy. But then Texas would not have a governor if that happened it would be what ever they decided it to be so I am not sure how that would work out.
Old Posted 11-13-2012, 10:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Okay....a bit confused here.

What I meant by the military "being divided" is that it will resemble what happened with the Civil War, in which case members went to both sides of the fight based on their own views. Many would likely enter into their states National Guard (Army National Guard and Air National Guard....still technically Army and Air Force....and they are state funded except in regards to the federal training) in the case of the Army or Air Force, and possibly something similar being established for the likes of the Navy.

Only difference in a scenario of states seceding in individually instead of as a group is that it will be a much more defined split instead of a mass.
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

A monster, a monster
Old Posted 11-13-2012, 10:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #151  
Actually when the civil war started, all of the union called upon their states resources to create the armies. Most states already had state militas.

What I am referring to is this. Basically seceding means that the state would be its own country correct? If that is true then based upon the structure of the government they make that form the state may not have a governor to call upon the national guard. For all we know Texas may become communist with Romney as its leader. Then America would simply be facing another Cuban missile crisis.
Old Posted 11-13-2012, 10:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
If Texas forms its own country, it would change the rules of the Texas National Guard to adjust. There's not a whole lot of sense looking at the current laws to see how it'd run.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-13-2012, 11:05 PM Reply With Quote