Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Haunted AND the thing that haunts you!
Default   #2097  
I'm decent at standard strait throws its curveballs that are the bane of my Pokemon GO experience, Mew had better have been the only research project that requests them.
I hate how many balls I waste just to successfully encase the Pokemon. That's right, NOT catch, encase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
Ghastly throws me for a loop. I just can't get a depth read on him.
Yeah, I have trouble with Ghastly as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
Has anyone tried the battle system? Gives me a spot to put my sentimental but lower CP pokemon now. I'm wondering though, it it's better to have an evolved low cp pokemon or a basic high cp pokemon. I'm leaning towards the former but not too sure.
I have not tried it.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 02-17-2019, 02:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Curveballs are the best way to catch almost ANYTHING. You should really teach yourself how to throw them better. It really is worth the effort to get good at it, because it's like having an unlimited supply of Razz Berries, except they're even stronger (1.7x vs. 1.5x) and you can still use a berry.

It's really not THAT hard. You just have to make yourself practice. I don't miss with curveballs much anymore except against a couple of oddly-shaped hitboxes like Wurmple.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-17-2019, 07:23 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #2099  
Hoppips are irritating me now, probably because of the hovering deal like ghastly.

98 dratini candy! So close...
Old Posted 02-21-2019, 07:39 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
That moment when you have three Pokemon in gyms and they all come back on the same day. -.-
Old Posted 02-23-2019, 06:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #2101  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Curveballs are the best way to catch almost ANYTHING. You should really teach yourself how to throw them better. It really is worth the effort to get good at it, because it's like having an unlimited supply of Razz Berries, except they're even stronger (1.7x vs. 1.5x) and you can still use a berry.

It's really not THAT hard. You just have to make yourself practice. I don't miss with curveballs much anymore except against a couple of oddly-shaped hitboxes like Wurmple.
I'll keep that in mind.

Problem is, I don't get out much, mostly just to walk the dogs and lately I have been less into playing even then because it's been so fucking cold that I prefer to wear my gloves but don't own a pair with the touch screen compatible fingertips.

It's also not always easy to land a straight throw with two medium-sized dogs overpowering one hand, let alone a curveball. I need to work on thumb throwing as well.
~ Red Rum She Said
Last edited by RedRum; 02-24-2019 at 08:33 PM.
Old Posted 02-24-2019, 08:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Thumb throwing is a pain in the butt, can't disagree with you there. PoGo is definitely a two-handed sport.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-24-2019, 10:08 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #2103  
I do pretty well with "thumb" curve balls, but if I really want to be precise, holding my phone flat and using my finger works best.

I tried out the new camera but forgot that I had my camera deactivated for PoGo and the pictures didn't save. Camera permissions do not equal saving pictures. So no Raichu in the living for my nephews. Maybe later. (They only know of Raichu and Pikachu because of my sister's novelty figures that she's hung onto from back in the day.)
Old Posted 02-26-2019, 04:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I'm not sure what to think about Photobombing Smeargle.

Old Posted 02-26-2019, 10:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #2105  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Thumb throwing is a pain in the butt, can't disagree with you there. PoGo is definitely a two-handed sport.
Agreed and I barely have two hands most of the time I play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh
I tried out the new camera but forgot that I had my camera deactivated for PoGo and the pictures didn't save. Camera permissions do not equal saving pictures. So no Raichu in the living for my nephews. Maybe later. (They only know of Raichu and Pikachu because of my sister's novelty figures that she's hung onto from back in the day.)
I've only ever tried the old camera once, haven't tried the new one yet.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 02-28-2019, 03:38 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Ugh. I hate trying to catch these research pokemon. Lately I've just taken to throwing regular pokeballs at the because they just seem to keep eating them and eventually I'll get it, rather than waste my decent berries.

Edit: Huh. Well, fancy that. I have a regirock now.
Old Posted 03-02-2019, 05:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #2107  
The encounters that are rewarded for individual tasks?
Yeah being required to catch them because running from them halts progression is kind of annoying.

The main legendary that each special research series revolves around come with their own endless supply of Pokeballs and don't allow berries.
Or at least that is how Mew was for me and that's the only one I've completed so far.
This is nice but was slightly annoying to not have known before because I'd worked my ass off to preserve ultra balls for it.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 03-03-2019, 04:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
Depends really. I know when I had the Samsung S6 Edge, that was a two hand sport cause it was soo massive than some times, I had a little iPhone 5s cause my mate would beg me to log on his account to do a raid or event. Now I usually have 3 or 4 phones so it's a more an one finger sport with the phones laid out on a flat surface. XD

And can't always say curveballs will catch. I have gotten a few excellent ones on legendries and they still break out, lol. But guess I can say I am lucky, have like 3 or 4 towns in a hour radius I can just hop on a train and spend a day going back and forth doing raids so lots of practice in curveballs.

As for gyms, hit or miss really. Some here are in really remote spots - one of my Ttars is still chilling in a gym.. 53 days after being put in. XD Still surprised the other one is sitting in a gym but with the bad weather, the usual suspects haven't gone out to reclaim their gyms or maybe they are allowing others to get chances at gold since I only able to get the gym if Mum is nice enough to stop and let me run over to it.

I have all the current special quests done. Most here treat it like a race to see whom gets it done first but meh, I try to enjoy the quests unless it's to catch a ditto.. that little pain in the ass is soo hard to find, lol.

~In Loving Memory:~
To my sister and best friend since Kindergarten - Jenni
To a beautiful soul - Jessica
My Father, Daniel.
To the wise ass on my first day of College - Conor
To the unique bro in law - Eugene
To the one I never got to really know - John

Old Posted 03-10-2019, 10:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #2109  
I never said curveballs will always catch. I said that, with few exceptions, curveballs are always worth it, because they stack with all other sources of catch bonus.

Old Posted 03-11-2019, 09:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
True but not everyone knows how to do them. I honestly didn't know till a few months ago, lol. Needed for a quest and was like.. oh... poop balls. now it comes like second nature. Through, have noted a few times, the ball will catch without hitting the pokemon while the pokemon is jumping.

My Father, Daniel.

Old Posted 03-11-2019, 02:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #2111  
Hitbox shenanigans are, indeed, shenanigans. XD Trying to curveball a Wurmple is an exercise in frustration because its hitbox from the side is way smaller than it looks like it ought to be, while I've failed to get a Nice on throws that looked like they should have been just right because it hit farther out.

Old Posted 03-11-2019, 03:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
Anything with a small hitbox is murder if you need to do a set amount of curveballs.

The last spinda quests.. I was so ready to scream cause the ones I could do multiple great curveballs would stay in after one ball than I would get like wurmples, minuns, etc. Now I get smart and leave the 7 day pokemon not caught till need to cause always a guarantee the hitbox will be big enough to get the needed amount of curveballs on it.

My Father, Daniel.

Old Posted 03-11-2019, 11:25 PM Reply With Quote