Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Haunted AND the thing that haunts you!
Default   #1969  
Nice. I currently have two unhatched Alolan eggs!
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 09-13-2018, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I have eggs I need to hatch before I can even hope to even get eggs that might have regionals. Save me.
Old Posted 09-14-2018, 12:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1971  
Unless you get a license, it's illegal to carry a gun in Tennessee, too; that's not an exception. The general concept behind the law is that you shouldn't be toting around weapons in public places without a license, and there's no licensing scheme for weird weapons.

Really, the ideal self-defense weapon in Tennessee is a large folding knife. Tennessee repealed its knife restrictions a few years ago, so a knife that you would very reasonably carry as a tool is absolutely legal to carry, regardless of length or opening mechanism. They raised the criminal penalties for using a knife in the commission of a crime, so they're still trying to deter the use of knives as weapons, but they're not going stupid about it like London.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-14-2018, 10:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
All you have to do is go to a store and they take care of everything to do with the gun long as you pass a really quick background check, which I would pass. I've watched my friend buy a gun. Of course, it was at Wal-Mart, but still.

I did not know the knife law had changed though....but I can't have a stabby kubaton, but I can, intheory, walk around with a sheathed machete. Yay Tennessee? Lol
Old Posted 09-14-2018, 11:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1973  
The bigger issue with Tennessee's gun law is that you don't have to have a license to sell firearms, so the gray market is freaking ridiculous.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-14-2018, 03:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokuutsu View Post
I have eggs I need to hatch before I can even hope to even get eggs that might have regionals. Save me.
Same, it's been some time since my egg storage was below 7 or 8/9. Most are average 2kms.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 09-14-2018, 04:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #1975  
I had an egg slot....before the event began....swiped for my daily....10km egg D:
Old Posted 09-14-2018, 09:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Yeah it would be nice to have to option to discard eggs.

Does anyone know when the 4th gen will be added? When I looked it up it says it was set for this year but this year is almost over and it's not happening.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 09-14-2018, 09:48 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #1977  
Quote:

39-17-1302. Prohibited weapons.

(8) Any other implement for infliction of serious bodily injury or death which has no common lawful purpose.

Which all seems stupid to me because a lot of things fit under that. I mean, a bat can fit under that minus no common lawful purpose.
That's the point of the "common purpose" line. Enough people use baseball bats for sport that it's unreasonable to restrict them because you could hurt someone.

Quote:
(1) "Club" means any instrument that is specially designed, made or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by striking a person with the instrument;
So take your bat and wrap barbed wire around it. NOW you have yourself a club, because barbed wire is not a common thing to have on a piece of sporting gear.

Quote:
That's the thing....if I were to have to use it in defense, you better believe I'm going for serious enough injury that the person leaves me alone.
Well, yeah, but the problem with self defense things like a stabby cat is that they are intended to cause harm. That's the important part. Again, the mag lite is a flash light. It's really a matter of convenience and improvisation that you defended yourself with it. You didn't (presumably) walk out the door with it thinking "I'm going to bash someone over the head with this!"

Fun fact! This is a good part of Canada's gun laws. Guns owned by the general public are tools or sporting equipment. Only police and game wardens own "weapons." Hunting, target shooting, skeet, etc. would all fall under that "common purpose" line. However, if you walk into a gun shop and say that you want to buy one because you want to defend yourself, you won't get one because that shows intent to use it on a person.

And soooo many pokemon today. Not as many stops though. Lots of fire guys around again. I'm at 30+ magikarp candies again, not using my candy boost berry. The seem to come in clusters of 2-5.
Old Posted 09-15-2018, 04:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
But to me, to defend does not show intent of using it on a person. To me it show intent that if someone tries to hurt you or yours, you will use it, but if they don't it will sit collecting dust for all eternity.

Just like if I had the cat thing....the cat thing can just be an interesting keychain that I found and bought, until someone doesn't take no for an answer, kind of like the maglite. The cat keychain's lawful purpose is holding my keys in a central location. Same goes for kubatons. It just has an added bonus of being able to be used for defense (same as the flashlight) on top of something else. But apparently using as a keychain is not a lawful purpose (because I do think the cat thing would be a cute keychain....I like cats).

But anyway....I FINALLY EVOLVED MY GEODUDE TO A GOLEM!

And I posted a raid on a group for my friend, it is a small group, but he really wants a moltres....and then he got mad at me about it....because he wouldn't go down there, but apparently expected me to when I don't do legendary raids, not after going down there and waiting in 100+ degree heat, trying to get people to show. Anything above 2 stars, I don't go to anymore, unless we have a group wanting to go or I'm in a vehicle. It is too hot to go there when I have one of them and no one ever shows to raids (though there is a festival down there so there is a better chance people would show, but who knows?)
Old Posted 09-15-2018, 12:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #1979  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post

And soooo many pokemon today. Not as many stops though. Lots of fire guys around again. I'm at 30+ magikarp candies again, not using my candy boost berry. The seem to come in clusters of 2-5.
I can relate.
The stops I have easy access to haven't been supplying me quite enough. I ended up down to just my ultra balls which I am trying to save for Mew and Celebi. I'm down to 13 now out of what was once 40.
I ended up having to give in and buy coins to buy 20 Pokeballs. :P

Quote:
And I posted a raid on a group for my friend, it is a small group, but he really wants a moltres....and then he got mad at me about it....because he wouldn't go down there, but apparently expected me to when I don't do legendary raids, not after going down there and waiting in 100+ degree heat, trying to get people to show. Anything above 2 stars, I don't go to anymore, unless we have a group wanting to go or I'm in a vehicle. It is too hot to go there when I have one of them and no one ever shows to raids (though there is a festival down there so there is a better chance people would show, but who knows?)
I'm unable to have such an experience as I have one friend in my area and still not close enough to attend a raid with.
In any case, I am not a big raid fan. No one else is ever around when I've attended one out of research requirement and most of my Pokemon can't go it alone.

Sounds quite annoying though, my condolences.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 09-15-2018, 06:16 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
But to me, to defend does not show intent of using it on a person. To me it show intent that if someone tries to hurt you or yours, you will use it, but if they don't it will sit collecting dust for all eternity.
Unless you intend to shoot or attack the intruder's car or something, it can be assumed the target will be a person. Using it "only if" still counts as using it.

I'm running low on pokeballs. Such is the problem with lots of pokemon but fewer stops. I have a fair few to evolve but I'm debating if I want to wait and do a spree with a lucky egg when I reach my next 7 day streak.
Old Posted 09-15-2018, 09:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #1981  
I keep forgetting that I have a few lucky eggs. I need two more levels to 26, one of my current Celebi missions. Those would aid me.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 09-16-2018, 01:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Then everything should be illegal unless you can prove it has another use.

If I have a key, but it goes to nothing I own, by that, it should be considered a weapon then. Same goes for knives. No one has a use for a pocket knife unless doing certain activities which if you're not doing, it should be considered a weapon. That is my problem with the law. If I had a nokia phone, old school which means I can't use it as a cell phone, well that thing is a brick and weapon. (Part of that is meant to be a joke lol)

I am enjoying increased kanto spawns. Got Nidoqueen, Rhydon, more magikarp, good stuff XD I already had the gold badge, but it is still good :3
Old Posted 09-16-2018, 02:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1983  
Got the trade distance badge today.

Turns out it isn't based on how far apart you and your trade partner are.

It's based on how far apart the Pokemon were when they were caught.

So I got like 3000km worth of trades in today.

Old Posted 09-16-2018, 08:23 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Then everything should be illegal unless you can prove it has another use.

If I have a key, but it goes to nothing I own, by that, it should be considered a weapon then. Same goes for knives. No one has a use for a pocket knife unless doing certain activities which if you're not doing, it should be considered a weapon. That is my problem with the law. If I had a nokia phone, old school which means I can't use it as a cell phone, well that thing is a brick and weapon. (Part of that is meant to be a joke lol)
You're getting too metaphorical about it. It's not what you plan to do (since that can't be discerned unless you say so) but what it is for. A pocket knife is tricky but is largely a tool. A key is for opening a lock, whether it's your lock or not. A phone, even a dead one, is still intended to calling people. You could whack someone with it, just like you can whack someone with a baseball bat, but that's not what the object is for. A stabby cat is for hurting people, and is a keychain only for convenience. Thus, weapon.

Quote:
I am enjoying increased kanto spawns. Got Nidoqueen, Rhydon, more magikarp, good stuff XD I already had the gold badge, but it is still good :3
Is that what's going on right now? I keep seeing all these pokemon that I haven't seen in ages. Still haven't picked up enough to evolve many, like my koffing, but it's been helpful for some of my long suffering fire types.
Old Posted 09-16-2018, 11:08 PM Reply With Quote