Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

-:-o}}}-O-{{{o-:-
Default   #17  
Gotta wonder where 3 halo's came from, if they were the real deal. Billions? I suppose there are billionaires on Gaia. I have a lot of stuff there but I got my 2003 items only because I joined in early 2004 and just essentially bought them quickly by selling their monthly letters. It amazes me that having 3-4 million in gold is not considered rich any more. I think that is a lot of gold actually. One could get some nice things with that. I would not consider that to be poor on Gaia, on the contrary, that is a lot.

I used to be a mod there for 6 years, from 2005 to 2011 but now I have stepped down to forum assistant, being a mod there was taking too much of my time. I understand about Gaia though, it seems such a strange place to me now, after having been there so long. It is so different from when I joined. *sigh*

There is a culture of acquisition on all avatar sites that is pervasive pretty much. I mean the whole point is to put items on one's avatar. We are lucky though that sites like Trisphee and Zan exist with a smaller user base that makes it a more friendly environment so even if one has little one can make up for that by the personal interactions. All that being said, I commend Tris for giving out aurum and achievements, that is really great and helpful. And the events help too.
I used to have a sig. Really.
Old Posted 03-06-2013, 09:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Confused
I wouldn't say 3-4mil is rich by any means, but it's far above average. Or I dunno, maybe it depends on what ballpark you're batting in. If you like buying rig pets it's pocket change, if you like buying up cheap colorful items you're pretty well off. I'm in the latter catagory, so my +10mil has me buying all the things.

I wonder if this person with three halos is the same one I've heard of in vending guilds..... I forgot their username though.
Old Posted 03-06-2013, 03:54 PM Reply With Quote  
nostalgic
Default   #19  
I'm so glad that I forgot my password and the email I used to set it up about... 8 years ago. There are so many users if you want to chat in a forum if you wait even 5 minutes, it's hard to find the page cuz people are creating tons of new threads. And with the whole being poor thing, I'm one of those who don't like to play online games a whole lot... Let me rephrase that... The ONLY time I played online games was when I couldn't make jack on Gaia so I'd play the booty game, other than that the only computer games I've played is the Sims games. Even with playing the booty game, I'm still only sitting on I think 30k. And that's a very strong MAYBE. I don't think I've ever had more than 200k and I felt rich as a mo fo. Lmao! I never really sweated too much over it since I loved my avi which I like to keep my Avis simple... As you can tell by my current one. (Though she's also an OC of mine which she prefers wearing as little as possible.)

I love how much smaller tris is, I can actually talk and make friends here where as on Gaia the only friend I talked to on a regular basis was my best friend IRL, occasionally some of the regulars in the art forum.
Old Posted 03-06-2013, 04:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
Well he was an old user and he used to donate to Gaia and that's how he got his halos. I really have no idea how it work back then but he had that many. He joined like at the very beginning.
Old Posted 03-07-2013, 01:22 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Default   #21  
I just want to say that Gaia scares me. I mean when I think of Gaia I think of trolls and hackers. I was never in the forums, just in my quest or art or avi contest threads. I'm not sure how I got a lot of gold but I used to be worth 3million on there. But now it's so much more inflated. It's ridiculous. I never really felt rich on there. I value my aurum on here because it's so easy to spend and then if you don't post a lot it can be harder to get it back. Things don't appear to be really inflated here which is nice, considering this site is a few years old and the other one I'm on is already inflated and only a few months old.

-------------------------
You're just a lonely star.
-------------------------
Old Posted 03-08-2013, 06:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
Also we have a lot of Luna Plena for haple--err I mean lucky newbies
a whole lot
And while we're at it pls do enjoy this Prayer Vessel
or two
or five

or 70 prayer vessels @_@

xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 03-08-2013, 09:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #23  
I should put a 1Au sellback price on those or something to give people a way to dispose of them. >.>;
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-08-2013, 11:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Wasn't there a 250 au sellback on them? :o
Or was that only for a short time after the event?

*has never really thought about selling back the prayer vessels* XP

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 03-08-2013, 12:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #25  
Oh, I DID put one on already? Okay then.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-08-2013, 02:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Yeah, it wast at 250 aurum right after the event. Now it's at 50 aurum. Not sure why the sellback price got lowered, but meh. At least there is one? :o

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 03-08-2013, 03:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #27  
"Achievement Complete: Slanderer 60"
Wow so slander is good?

Anyways I remember the days when MIs were the thing and it cost like 15k. I'd play games constantly for 2 weeks before I could afford just ONE monthly. I lost all hope when the cash shop came out. Someone a year ago gave me a couple items I really wanted plus like 3 mil. I felt SO freaking rich cause I've never been more than 50k. My avatar right now is a gimp I think? Sexy avatar haha

I'm done with Gaia though. Even the MMO couldn't keep me there.
Old Posted 03-08-2013, 03:59 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
I'm still using gaia until now though i don't really participate in the forums. It's really messy in the forums. Indeed earning money was quite a hassle. But as soon as they introduced booty grab, my life became quite easier and i earn money fast in a short period of time. ah those were the days, i was really active back then. although too bad, they've nerfed it a lot after a year or two beacause they believed that it caused an imbalance in their economy.
Delayed Student. Still fighting. Mecha Enthusiast.
Old Posted 03-08-2013, 06:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Confused
Default   #29  
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxxic View Post
I just want to say that Gaia scares me. I mean when I think of Gaia I think of trolls and hackers. I was never in the forums, just in my quest or art or avi contest threads. I'm not sure how I got a lot of gold but I used to be worth 3million on there. But now it's so much more inflated. It's ridiculous. I never really felt rich on there. I value my aurum on here because it's so easy to spend and then if you don't post a lot it can be harder to get it back. Things don't appear to be really inflated here which is nice, considering this site is a few years old and the other one I'm on is already inflated and only a few months old.
I don't know if I should be sad or amused. What site with a forum doesn't have trolls and hackers? Honestly Gaia really isn't that bad and the gigantic forums are a blast, there's always tons of fun people to chat with! Being on Gaia just for the items is doin' it super wrong because the site is kinda what you make it. Although if you are really big about the items too there's a lot of ways to get what you want fairly fast. You can make loads of gold playing the newer games, doing Gaia-Cash offers, and playing the marketplace right, or you can outright pay for what you want and also enjoy no ads for a couple months.

*crickets*

Oh wait this is a complaint thread. I'll show myself out. :c
Old Posted 03-08-2013, 08:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
You can also block ads from your browser. :) A good way to make money on there is the Marketplace. One of my very old friend was doing it and then he got good at it and start making millions in just a couple of days. He always go to the bidding section and wait for people who misprice their items. That was before they start putting the" , " in the numbers.

Talking about marketplace, I think it would be nice to have one here. The marketplace forum is pretty slow on here.
Last edited by Panda; 03-09-2013 at 03:37 AM.
Old Posted 03-09-2013, 03:34 AM Reply With Quote  
draws the naughty bits
Default   #31  
I'll just say it does depend on where you go/what you do on Gaia as to whether you have mostly bad experiences, or mostly good experiences. Some places (CB, GD) are more inclined towards bad experiences, lol, but I had a 10k page thread in the AF (art freebies) forum for 2-3 years, and I met some of my very best friends on that site, I had a blast...

I will agree though the vibe is really different now from when I was a regular (2006-2008) it doesn't seem that as many people are willing to stick around in threads and make connections, make conversation and friendships -- my shops, auctions, threads tend to have a lot of lonely bumping from me these days lol. And yea inflation has made everything more expensive, 5mil used to be an auction AB because it was just so jaw-droppingly large, now if you don't end up with 5mil at the end it's almost a waste of time -- the blame for that can be landed squarely the fact they started over-saturating the site with items.

Used to be you'd just have the monthlies, and then a shop update once in awhile, and a few rare special items in random boxes. (Which are p much worthless now lmao, poor Angelic headband) Now there's something new almost every single week.

...ok I have way to much opinion on this lol shutting up

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Old Posted 03-09-2013, 10:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
I'm always poor on avatar websites. I join, I get bored, and I leave.
x
x
x
Old Posted 03-10-2013, 11:08 PM Reply With Quote