Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Heavenly Angel
Unhappy Being Poor   #1  
Not sure if this belong here or not but it is pretty much related to Trisphee as well. I'm not trying to advertise or anything because I do not like Gaia. So I decided to check back there and OH MY GAWD the feeling of being poor! I can't stand it one bit, it is crazy how having money and not having money make a huge different on avatar sites like this.

So many items and not able to afford pretty much 99% of the stuff is just crazy. Stuff just cost way too much that you can't even afford it even in a million years. Not only that but people look down at you or don't even notice you at all because you don't have anything good on your avatar. I'm not that poor but I like to dress poor on there. I do not like it one bit! Rich people think they're the shiz and stuff.

My little Panda butt haven't been poor well since Gaia which was in 2007. That's because I never knew about avatar sites before and that site was already inflating like crazy. I joined many sites and all of them I always have everything and more but I always open a charity to help people out or just give people stuff here and there. All of these are the reasons why I like site like Trisphee. Why? Because people actually talk to you and get to know who you are and items aren't inflating like they're on crack. It is smaller, which make it easier to be connected to everyone. Going back to Gaia made me appreciate site like this even more. People don't look down on other because they aren't rich and people are much more nice and friendly.
Last edited by Panda; 03-01-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old Posted 02-28-2013, 09:34 PM Reply With Quote  
I Make Clothes o//u//o
i hear ya.
i remember i had to save up for months just to get a common i wanted on gaia OTL wich made me quit the site all together.
im glad i was introduced to trisphee
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 12:06 PM Reply With Quote  
draws the naughty bits
Default   #3  
I will say there's less MEGA RICH and MEGA POOR on Trisphee, the majority of us are in the same general boat, I think...at the very least it's not outrageously outrageous like on other sites. Probably helps that it's pretty easy to earn currency here long as you keep active and post
Not like on other sites where you earn like...15 g at the most per post and it's based on how much you post so you really only average like 8 gold
That's
so
tedious

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 02:01 PM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
-slurps on energy drink- I'm sorta rich on gaia, I've got fancy items and like 3-4million gold. But I hate the site cause it's so over populated I can never find good people to talk to, mostly cause they hide in guilds.

I much prefer Tris or Zan. Small but with a well established community who welcomes everyone. I mean when newbies start on here now they basically get a whole event set from other users, cause we're actually nice and don't want the poor buggers to be naked.

Old Posted 03-01-2013, 02:15 PM Reply With Quote  
draws the naughty bits
Default   #5  
Also we have a lot of Luna Plena for haple--err I mean lucky newbies
a whole lot
And while we're at it pls do enjoy this Prayer Vessel
or two
or five

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 02:24 PM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Gaia's more of a gaming site then a forum site when it comes to earning gold (though they have nerfed/capped they're two main gold earning games). If you only post there, you'll struggle, but if you play Booty Grab or zOMG you'll get gold a lot faster, especially if you're at least lvl 10.0 with all your buffs, the right attack rings, wish and meat at 10.0 in zomg and smob (3 smob runs = 49k+ gold and the whole thing takes around 40-45 minutes or so in a good crew, or even less if you find a crew that can finish it in 10 minutes).

But I can see how a person returning from a hiatus to Gaia can feel poor or out of place. They churn out so many items each month that it's easy to forget about them, especially since the introduction of RIGs...

I never went out of the Gaia Community Discussion forum or Site feedback on that site so I'm not really sure what the community's like ^^;.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 02:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #7  
Oh, man. I have not touched Gaia since '06. I don't even remember what I have anymore. o3o What have I missed on there since then? :o

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 02:40 PM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikana View Post
Oh, man. I have not touched Gaia since '06. I don't even remember what I have anymore. o3o What have I missed on there since then? :o
You've missed:

1.) The introduction of the cash shop;
2.) The introduction of Evolving Items (items which take several months to reach all their poses and with each evolution the poses from the previous ones become unavailable until the item has finished evolving);
3.) The introduction of item bundles (they contain, on average 4 items);
4.) The introduction of RIGs/CIs (Random Items Generators/Chance Items) which assure that every month there will be 50+ new cash items on Gaia, some of which being so rare they'll cost 1mil+;
5.) The introduction of Gaia's MMO, zOMG, which is extremely neglected and has 0 devs at this moment and has had 0 devs for the past few months;
6.)New plot development (believe it or not Gaia's actually managing to keep a steady plot right now, at least for the moment);
7.) A lot of events;
8.) They made a shop for user designed items only;
9.) (I forgot to mention this before) The introduction of REIs (Rapid evolving items which are just like regular evolving items only with less poses but which do not lose their poses after each evolution and who only take 1 month to finish, personally I prefer them).

I think that would be just about it... nvm...

10.) The introduction of at least 4 new species (orcs, dark elfs, angel and demon/devil imps, and centaurus).

I think that's all >.>...

EDIT!

11.) The introduction of alchemy, which sounded very good at first but which was executed so badly it's nothing short of ridiculous... (they could have at least placed all the recipes and alchemy only ingredients in the alchemy shop D:<)
Last edited by Areishia; 03-01-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #9  
Hot damn. That's a lot of stuff. o3o

I think I stick of my continual shying away from Gaia. XP

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:55 PM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikana View Post
Hot damn. That's a lot of stuff. o3o

I think I stick of my continual shying away from Gaia. XP
xD. Do as you wish :3. Personally I think Gaia has changed so much since 2007 that if I had taken a hiatus back then I'd be wondering if I hadn't typed in the address for the wrong site XD. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, more or less.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 04:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #11  
It's been seven years since I've been on. So I probably won't be on Gaia again. XD Too long ago, plus I've moved on myself. ;)

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 04:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
It was ok at first back in 2007 or 2008 when they first introduced the cash shop stuff and then they got out of hand and they start releasing like so much cash shop items and all those other crazy stuff. People with real life money can get rich fast from cash shop items there.

When I left I was at the Evolving items stage when it was really new and popular and everyone want to buy them and stuff. Now that I gone back to check stuff they have all these RIG items, Chance items, Alchemy, and a bunch load of hungry money items. It is ridiculous!
Last edited by Panda; 03-04-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 04:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexess View Post
-slurps on energy drink- I'm sorta rich on gaia, I've got fancy items and like 3-4million gold. But I hate the site cause it's so over populated I can never find good people to talk to, mostly cause they hide in guilds.

I much prefer Tris or Zan. Small but with a well established community who welcomes everyone. I mean when newbies start on here now they basically get a whole event set from other users, cause we're actually nice and don't want the poor buggers to be naked.
Ah... Nex, 3-4M gold is poor on Gaia. It's enough to interact with the NPC shops, but it's not enough to buy anything of actual value on the Marketplace. My wife was sitting on like 300M when she was still playing.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-02-2013, 02:04 PM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
@Coda: 3-4M gold is still a very good amount of gold on Gaia, most items are normally within the 50k-900k range but there are also quite a few that are within the 1mil-9mil (or more) range, but these are in much smaller numbers and normally just the RIG rares/rig pets that most people can do without.

Still, 100k on there is just about nothing right now.
Old Posted 03-04-2013, 08:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #15  
If it takes a substantial portion of your wealth to buy the average "interesting" item, you're not rich.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-04-2013, 11:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
I agree with Coda. 3-4 million golds is nothing and it is consider poor on Gaia. You can easily get 3-4 millions. I consider myself super poor even having 10 million golds on me. I have a friend who own 3 angel halos and like 2 billion in golds.
Old Posted 03-04-2013, 03:10 PM Reply With Quote