Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Double Rainbow
Default Limited Editions   #1  
Well, today, I learned that I have a thing for limited edition items. One of those things was a Lord of the Rings fountain pen. It was cool, and I wanted it; unfortunately, it was out of my price range since it was over $1,000. Then, there was the Jinhao 159 fountain pens! Well, the orange one was going out, and a friend bought it for me. Today, it was a limited edition of Mountain Dew. I was able to get this one myself, so I was happy. Oh! There was also the limited time Toy Story 4 ice cream! It was delicious and I want more of it. It's gone now. There was another limited edition fountain pen, which was designed in honour of NASA. It was cool, but it was super expensive!
Do you guys buy stuff because it's limited editions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 07-04-2020, 04:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
I sometimes buy limited edition versions of video games. I've got a few figures in my house from those.

Can't think of anything else, though, unless you count con merch.
Old Posted 07-04-2020, 05:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #3  
I think they would fit here because they are a limited time items. can you go into detail about your limited time items?
Quote:
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 07-04-2020, 06:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
I've got a big (~1 foot wide) statue of Noble Squad from Halo Reach, which is pretty cool...although honestly the journal that came with it I always found to be cooler.

I also have a figure set of the main characters from Tales of Zesteria.

I feel like there are others I've gotten over time, but I'm drawing a blank on what they were.
Old Posted 07-04-2020, 07:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #5  
Huh, that's cool! What do you use the journal for? Oh! I got one of the last nemosine singularity pens! I got it for a small discount as a gift for a friend, but.. well, things didn't work out. I still have it, though.
Quote:
Old Posted 07-04-2020, 07:19 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
i buy a few limited time snacks when they are yuzu flavoured? mostly i prefer the thing on its own merit and rarity is just a factor in committing not a factor in wanting it to begin with, haha
Old Posted 07-05-2020, 12:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #7  
I get limited edition breakfast cereals. <x'D Like holiday cereals, the pumpkin cheerios or cheerios shaped like hearts for February. Or the Frankenberry and Christmas crunch. But I eat those like, right away, I don't collect them. <x}

OH! :D I got some Disney Movies on VHS that are a part of the Masterpiece collection. 0.0; Granted I haven't exactly taken care of them, and their cases are pretty much trashed, they're practically useless. >.> Well, save for the actual movie and extra features on the tape that are still watchable. :]

I also found that I have the 1995 Star Wars trilogy collection on VHS. :D I don't think it's technically limited edition, but when its a version of the original trilogy that is without any of the CGI effects. <X] It's got nostalgic value for me!

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 07-05-2020, 01:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
I don't use the journal for anything. It was a filled out journal, written as is by a character from the setting. It was just very well done, and thus pretty memorable to me. (Though I see the statue more often)
Old Posted 07-05-2020, 01:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #9  
Never had limited edition items, rarely keen enough on them to want to buy 'em. Plus you can usually only order them online, and like hell if I trust the banks with doing that.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 07-05-2020, 07:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by littl3chocobo View Post
i buy a few limited time snacks when they are yuzu flavoured? mostly i prefer the thing on its own merit and rarity is just a factor in committing not a factor in wanting it to begin with, haha
I never heard of yuzu. What is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
I get limited edition breakfast cereals. <x'D Like holiday cereals, the pumpkin cheerios or cheerios shaped like hearts for February. Or the Frankenberry and Christmas crunch. But I eat those like, right away, I don't collect them. <x}

OH! :D I got some Disney Movies on VHS that are a part of the Masterpiece collection. 0.0; Granted I haven't exactly taken care of them, and their cases are pretty much trashed, they're practically useless. >.> Well, save for the actual movie and extra features on the tape that are still watchable. :]

I also found that I have the 1995 Star Wars trilogy collection on VHS. :D I don't think it's technically limited edition, but when its a version of the original trilogy that is without any of the CGI effects. <X] It's got nostalgic value for me!
I bet the food would smell bad if they were collected and got rotten. I don't think I've collected movies... just movies I like. The original without cgi effects sounds awesome if there's not a bunch of them flying around. I did hear there were multiple virsions with different things in the same movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
I don't use the journal for anything. It was a filled out journal, written as is by a character from the setting. It was just very well done, and thus pretty memorable to me. (Though I see the statue more often)
Oh, that's pretty cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
Never had limited edition items, rarely keen enough on them to want to buy 'em. Plus you can usually only order them online, and like hell if I trust the banks with doing that.
Honestly, I don't blame you. I was lucky to buy the limited ice cream in the store.
Quote:
Old Posted 07-05-2020, 09:20 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #11  
yuzu is a citrus ^^
Old Posted 07-05-2020, 12:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
I have the expanded Art and Artifacts book, and a bunch of Disney pins I have are limited

quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
Kitalpha is a face again! 8O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
hart is now a face again. rejoice.

if you read this you owe me one aurum
Old Posted 07-05-2020, 01:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by littl3chocobo View Post
yuzu is a citrus ^^
Huh, interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitalpha Hart View Post
I have the expanded Art and Artifacts book, and a bunch of Disney pins I have are limited
I'd love to see those books and pins of yours.
Quote:
Old Posted 07-05-2020, 03:35 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
I like upcycled dresses, especially shabby chic/boho style ones. Because they're made from upcycled fabrics, scraps and odds and ends, they're usually one of a kind- as in there's only one piece. So that makes them limited, I suppose, although they're not marketed the same way as, say, limited edition branded stuff.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 07-06-2020, 12:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #15  
Ooh! :D I just saw that I have a 20 year anniversary limited edition Ravenclaw cover version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone!

<.<; I got it last Christmas and I still haven't even really opened it up and read it..

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 07-06-2020, 01:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Much like Merskelly, my biggest "limited edition" items are my masterpiece collection Disney vhs tapes. Unfortunately, the rumor of them actually being incredibly valuable was a rumor and they're not actually worth that much more than any other vhs version of the movies so idk if I really feel like they count.

Oh oh! But I also have a not quite full set of the Disney-Grolier Christmas ornaments. They released 4 per year, but each member could only select 3, so my parents tried to track down the rest a while ago (in the early 2000s), but I think I'm still missing 10-15 or so.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 07-06-2020 at 09:44 AM.
Old Posted 07-06-2020, 02:12 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
foods, fountain pens, limited editions, other items, shopping