Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Queen of Typoes
Default   #33  
i use watchseries for all my shows - you have to google it, because the URL keeps changing... LOL. or when i get home, i can send you the three links i have for their every-so-slightly different sites. XD

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 12-28-2017, 03:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Magic
hahahaha. I'll probably eventually google "Watch (insert name of show here) online streaming free" -_- i try to pay for stuff (or, let's be honest, let boyfriend pay for me) cause i know how hard people work on things like tv shows. i haven't illegally downloaded music in years. or if i do, i buy a tshirt from the band to make up for it. -_-
Old Posted 12-28-2017, 04:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #35  
Quote:
i think i read The Metamorphosis in high school. i don't remember much beyond the opening sentence now, but i do remember it kinda bugged me a bit.....
Ahhh!! I see what you did there, and I appreciate it! Kinda bugged you a bit, did it? Gah, I'm such a sucker for good puns.
Old Posted 12-28-2017, 04:22 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I feel like the worst part of this challenge so far is that I want to start reading, but I can't bring myself to count a book I read in between now and Monday as a 2018 book lol...
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 12-28-2017, 04:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #37  
fair enough, Claire. we have netflix, and if it's not on there, i just use watchseries. to be perfectly honest, we really have no take-home pay - it all goes to bills and paying down the credit cards. *sigh*

sylvan - tee hee.....

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 12-28-2017, 05:32 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Okay also on The Handmaid's Tale hulu series... I don't think I've ever said this before about anything else, but the show is better than the book. They delve a lot deeper into the world than the book does. Even the author herself said that the show added another, much needed, dimension to the book.

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Old Posted 12-28-2017, 05:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #39  
if i recall correctly, doesn't she work on the show too? (like GRRMartin with Game of Thrones)

Also, Margaret Atwood has a cameo on the first episode as one of the Aunts ;)

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 12-28-2017, 05:54 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I know for sure she did consulting for the screenwriting,

Old Posted 12-28-2017, 06:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #41  
so, her being involved somehow on the show might be why it worked so well.

any ideas when S2 will be released?

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 12-28-2017, 06:14 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
April 2018 is when season two is set to premier on hulu

Old Posted 12-28-2017, 06:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #43  
oooh, awesome *makes note*

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 12-28-2017, 06:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by trystan830 View Post
fair enough, Claire. we have netflix, and if it's not on there, i just use watchseries. to be perfectly honest, we really have no take-home pay - it all goes to bills and paying down the credit cards. *sigh*

sylvan - tee hee.....
yea yea yea that's what i used to do. anything not on netflix i would pirate. but in the last couple years i've been able to afford more so i figure it was time to start paying up lol.
Old Posted 12-28-2017, 06:55 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #45  
I want to read more Atwood too, but I'm staying far away from Handmaid as I'm sure I will not like the themes.

I read Surfacing and Oryx and Crake in college and Uni. (Neuromancer as well (lit degrees are great!).

I'm making myself a tiny list as well, just one book a month. The Princess Diarist will also be in there. My mom got me the memoir on Gordie Howe for Christmas, so I want to read that as well.

Maybe I should just make a list of books.
Old Posted 12-28-2017, 07:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Magic
I wanna read Neuromancer because one of my favorite books is Snow Crash from Neal Stephenson and I know cyberpunk doesn't exist probably without Nueormancer. -_- I feel like that's one I should have read a long time ago.

Handmaid's Tale was hard to read at points because of how real it felt to me, but I'm a radical feminist so I might have a different perspective on the subject matter than most people. uwu
Old Posted 12-28-2017, 07:14 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #47  
Liberal Feminist here, and I fully expect the story to make me angry and annoyed, so just not going there. I don't like to be sour with books I'm reading for leisure.

Apparently, Gibson went to see Blade Runner in theater when he was writing Neuromancer and it looked so much like the world inside his head he had to leave the theater.

You'd have to add Phillip K. Dick in there if you want to talk cyberpunk. I'm interested in the genre but haven't actually read too much into it. We read Neuromancer in my Literature and Popular Culture course in the section on cyberpunk, as inspiration for things like The Matrix
Old Posted 12-28-2017, 07:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Magic
woooow. that's interesting about Gibson and Blade Runner. I haven't ready anything by Phillip K Dick, but there are a couple that I am aware are majorly majorly MAJORLY important to the genre. I fell in love with cyberpunk because anime lol.
Old Posted 12-28-2017, 08:01 PM Reply With Quote