Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Jellosexual
Default   #97  
Yeah they said they don't have money to pay the servers :< I'm so glad Toho has a real life job not related to avatar forums |D
Gaia needs money to get anything, Solia might be back with NFTs (??), Pantheon is dead, Voltra has the aforementioned issues...

Also I would do avatar contests for a 5 aurum prize
Old Posted 08-01-2022, 08:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Welp, it looks like I gotta get in contact with a certian someone there as I owe them a pic. Actually, two people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 08-01-2022, 10:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #99  
can confirm. the reason why i fundamentally couldn't take any payment from pantheon even though they did offer to pay me was bc i was worried abt the budget.

unfortunately, it has been confirmed in the staff chat.

on the plus side, i might be able to retool a bunch of concepts i did for the site.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 08-02-2022, 04:18 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbsworth View Post
theoretically, we could get an influx of people if we advertized some, given that VRChat is implementing anticheat that runs on a kernel level.

of course, that assumes that people still use forums or know how to use forum software, along with teaching them how to use the avatar portions of the site, given that we don't use 3d models that you can just get from an in-game browser.
Avatar sites are VR Chat games are two different categories at the end of the day. One is a forum the other is a open game you can play on vr or on desktop.

The people leaving VRchat will be going to Neos or Chillout.

Edit:
Quote:
Yeah they said they don't have money to pay the servers :< I'm so glad Toho has a real life job not related to avatar forums |D
Gaia needs money to get anything, Solia might be back with NFTs (??), Pantheon is dead, Voltra has the aforementioned issues...
Gaia is in this weird state of original developers coming back to a cow that was milked for all it's worth. Everyone left and moved onto new communities via reddit, discord and so on. Gaia sort of exists with all these terrible monetization practices they added in the last 10 years that they just won't abandoned because they need money.

Everything and it's code has became antiquated so they needed to update it. Now it just sort of exists as a former shell of itself with new members and some old members sort of just making a living there with a few thousand members.

Other sites are gone because of people leaving, was never able to attract an audience and activity just died down or money stopped.

Trisphee is relatively asleep now and what brought it back was the artist Glitch who came in and started single handedly working on items on the site. And when she unfortunately passed away so did the site. Only thing probably keeping Trisphee alive is Toho still footing the bill.

As for advertising Trisphee, I remember someone put money on Facebook ad for Trisphee to test it out for a second and I saw it. But I truly wonder if that ad actually reached out to anyone who wasn't already going onto the site.

Last edited by Illusion; 08-02-2022 at 04:32 AM.
Old Posted 08-02-2022, 04:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #101  
i'd consider them to be more or less similar things tbh, just one is a bit more older than the other, and uses an older communication medium.

Old Posted 08-02-2022, 04:20 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Yeah, just saw the announcement on Pantheon. :( Of all the times to return to a forum, but it is what it is.

I'm just thankful Trisphee is still up. I prefer this community over Gaia and Voltra(though I lurk both xD )

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 08-02-2022, 11:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #103  
same hat. i don't rlly post on gaia. the chance machines irk me in the wrong way tbh.

Old Posted 08-03-2022, 04:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
that VRChat is implementing anticheat that runs on a kernel level.
VRChat is also sending cease-and-desist messages to private servers, is complaining about hackers harassing users, and is hiring someone to implement an in-app marketplace.

I kinda get the feeling it might be seeing troubles in its future.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-03-2022, 11:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #105  
hoo boy.
i was thinking abt getting into rec room but like. that also has EAC and a marketplace.

Old Posted 08-03-2022, 11:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
I think Solia will be stupid to touch NFTs..

Neopets tried that a few months back and got really bad backlash from their user base over it.

Use to remember a few sites having private servers.. I never went on them but know a few friends that did, really wasn't nothing special tbh.

haha, I honestly wouldn't expect to be paid, any experience would be lovely. It's the only way you get anywhere in the coding/gaming industry if you have the experience. Spoke to a good friend who like me, doesn't have the professional experience and no where wants to give us the experience cause we're past of the age to have an internship, so it's very Catch 22 unless you get very lucky and a company is willing to train you to give you the experience.

Ah, that makes sense, but then why hand the code over in the first place? I think most coders would want payment first. :p or no code, or maybe it's because I'm old fashioned?

Yes, Lancer has recently returned back to Gaia. I really only frequent a few forums on there since most of my friends have left, which I don't blame them. Most have jobs now, married, etc.

I go on to do my avatars up..
isn't she pretty..

only oc based char.. lol..

~In Loving Memory:~
To my sister and best friend since Kindergarten - Jenni
To a beautiful soul - Jessica
My Father, Daniel.
To the wise ass on my first day of College - Conor
To the unique bro in law - Eugene
To the one I never got to really know - John

Last edited by Chloe; 08-11-2022 at 10:04 PM.
Old Posted 08-11-2022, 08:20 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #107  
Wow sad news about Patheon. I don't think I joined there, but it always sucks when a baby site falls. (I still measure baby sites to Gaia)

Hearing about Lancer returning to Gaia is interesting. But, still no intentions of ever going back there.
Old Posted 08-12-2022, 08:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
Not one I ever had interest in tbh.. I kind of stopped joining new avatar sites a few years back, I did join a few baby sites to see if I could get into community, etc but to be honest, I'm not huge on speaking with folks unless I know them from another site. Was pretty bad returning back to a game after 2 years and most folks were new cause quite a few servers had merged during my time away. Luckily my ingame husband was the leader and understood that it was probably daunting to return and everyone you knew was gone, and most of the newer folks, after taking over as guild leader, allowed me time to get to know them.

I didn't even know he left but then, I stopped logging on Gaia shortly after 2010 or 2011.. folks keep saying you have a 2009 account but your Zomg rings are not maxed out. Hm.. folks do end up taking breaks from sites you know. and pretty sure the two other avatars, the accounts were made even earlier.. believe Auroraah *the OC avatar one* was made around 2003 or 2004 and has a few Zomg rings but I never got into the game till I got the 2009 account.

I stopped playing Neopets for a good number of years till a friend asked if I played, lol. Sometimes I get very scatter brained and might have an account somewhere and it's only when someone asks if I play there, then it's like, oh yea, my username is.. now remembering the information to log on is another story..

My Father, Daniel.

Last edited by Chloe; 08-12-2022 at 10:23 AM.
Old Posted 08-12-2022, 10:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #109  
yeah, i'm always forgetting passwords. speaking of, i really need to update the password for this account since it has been breached on like. neopets, wattpad and ffnet, i think? and i'm still using a very insecure password that would have been top-notch security in like. 2008.

Old Posted 08-12-2022, 11:21 AM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Quote:
yeah, i'm always forgetting passwords. speaking of, i really need to update the password for this account since it has been breached on like. neopets, wattpad and ffnet, i think? and i'm still using a very insecure password that would have been top-notch security in like. 2008.
I'm stealing it as you type. lol. Ya right.
Old Posted 08-12-2022, 03:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #111  
~Yeah it is sad seeing Pantheon gone. Really had enjoyed the site.

Heard the same about Lancer returning. Well he does have a lot to clean up.~
Old Posted 08-12-2022, 08:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
Yea, Neopets was breached like three times.. 2013, 2016 and just recently.

I have the 2013/2016 breach list for there, was hoping I would find out what my og email for my accounts was but cause GoVoltronForce/Cybunnyhugs was self frozen, those accounts aren't listed. but luckily the account I am looking to get the info is there, the friend quit but the pets were ones gifted by me, kind of would like the chance of deciding their fate then the person that got the account in the hack.

I bet he will. I know a few sites have that had issue where past owners have let them go to ruin, can understand interests change, can't afford to put the work in maintaining the site, need new equipment..

and yes.. I'm bad with passwords myself. but most sites, there's not really anything to take. think only accounts that have anything worthy of stealing is neopets and too many folks know I wouldn't give Fetti away, etc. Took me ten years to finally get my baby and he's staying on my account till Neopets goes boom.

My Father, Daniel.

Old Posted 08-12-2022, 11:09 PM Reply With Quote