Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Psych
Default   #113  
~<Oh yeah remember hearing about that. Swear I had an account there once it something. Oh yeah I don't blame you. Hopefully you can get the pets. Much better than whatever whoever took the account wants.

Yeah true. Can think of some that unfortunately went downhill. Shame they couldn't find another decent hand to hand the site over to. Hopefully for anyone staying he can make the site at least decent again.

That's fair.
Old Posted 08-13-2022, 01:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
I only heard about it in 2017ish. Luckily the email attached to my current accounts was inaccessible. Yahoo still won't let it purge, lol..

I agree. I remember hunting for hours to find the colours he wanted. Just glad never gave him any unconverted pets and know the pets that were once on the account which is funny, anything before 2015, they don't say they have the info yet if someone lists the pet on a ticket.. some of tnts ways is very confusing.

Probably not a lot of people will want to handle an avatar site, it's a huge challenge and I hope he does. A lot of items are so rare to find so be nice if they do something to get more copies out in the market esp with a large user base, doesn't make sense that tons of items never have at least one copy up for sale and even if they do, the price is awful.

~In Loving Memory:~
To my sister and best friend since Kindergarten - Jenni
To a beautiful soul - Jessica
My Father, Daniel.
To the wise ass on my first day of College - Conor
To the unique bro in law - Eugene
To the one I never got to really know - John

Old Posted 08-13-2022, 01:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #115  
neopets is doing nfts these days. can't say i'm surprised that they've gone downhill, even wildworks (the devs behind animal jam, a pro-nature game) is doing NFTs despite the discontentment, and they shelved fer.al to clone the game into cinder, which is primarily an NFT thing.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 08-13-2022, 04:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
I am not sure if Neopets plans to release anymore NFTs or not but the ones sold in late Spring/early Summer were not the best and as many users said, you were paying all that crypto for just an image which was not even yours in the end. Would rather purchase something that you could get in the mail as a real item over something digital.

Even through I am working on earning crypto, I wouldn't of wasted any of it on those.

And yes, Neopets has been going downhill for years. If instead of deleting names and unconverted pets, taking them and putting them up for sale over the black market getting hold of them, tnt probably would of made a killing alone or offering back in 2011, a way for users to turn any pet with unconverted art, unconverted. I would of honestly paid to have an uc rg acara if the option had been made available or the royal zafaras, lol. They did a lot of pets that had amazing unconverted art dirty.

Now they are hoping an UC Paintbrush will hopefully save the site, which I think is little too late since lots of users left after the recent breach. It seems TNT didn't learn after the last two.

As for Solia, I think what really caused their downfall since a few years back, they had to get new servers, is how rare lots of items are due to the gacha system they have. Unless multiple folks play, sometimes there's only one or two copies of the rare items in existence so folks expected high offers on them since in the end, they stopped doing where users could support ideas to be made and if you donated enough, you could get a copy of the item but think depending on the item, you had to donate around 10 - 20 usd for a guaranteed copy.

My Father, Daniel.

Old Posted 08-13-2022, 05:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #117  
It also didn't help that Solia gave people a vote of whether or not they could start over with the new system where you would lose almost everything. And then redo the system anyway despite them being against it. Then gaslighting everyone about the whole situation.
Old Posted 08-13-2022, 06:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
Yes, I remember some items had bugs.. one of my poses disappeared from my invo after trying to use it.. don't remember it ever being fixed either.

and I could understand. Folks paid tons of money over the years to get the items, would be a slap in the face if you delete someone's whole invo and expect them to donate again to regain the items that were rightfully theirs from the start. I could understand if an account has been sitting for a year or two without the user logging on, then delete the account and have the items be able to go back into the economy..

but I think every avatar site ends up that way, there will always be items that will be unachievable, usually the ones from the first few months, etc when the user base is small and not many of those items are circulated, mainly cause most of the users that will have those items, would of quit and just left the items in their invo cause no one else wanted them or weren't worth the effort to sell.

Remember Subeta has recently started bringing back retired event items and allowing users the chance of getting item via quests since so many of the past event items like plushies, etc are so rare to find and lots of users are actively hunting for them. Was how I got some of the items for my pets that had certain themes, otherwise would of been a nightmare saving up to get those items.

They also have a thing that during each month, you can purchase past years items as well. That way, users can achieve past items that might be rare in the marketplace which is something I think other sites should consider. It would bring income in and more copies of the items will be available, then you don't have users sitting there saying how hard questing for certain items are.

My Father, Daniel.

Old Posted 08-13-2022, 07:27 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #119  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomecha View Post
It also didn't help that Solia gave people a vote of whether or not they could start over with the new system where you would lose almost everything. And then redo the system anyway despite them being against it. Then gaslighting everyone about the whole situation.
So they basically wanted people to be ok with re-paying for donation items?

Oh boy! That's an odd situation to put your users in.O.o
Old Posted 08-13-2022, 09:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
that sounds like very poor management.

Old Posted 08-13-2022, 09:32 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #121  
Indeed it does. That was an extremely poor choice to make.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 08-13-2022, 10:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Nephila8 View Post
So they basically wanted people to be ok with re-paying for donation items?

Oh boy! That's an odd situation to put your users in.O.o
If I remember right, they were wanting to start afresh...

and yes, it was very poor management.. most of the users were ones that had been on the site since it was new and spent hundreds, if not millions of dollars to support it.

not only did they change the items appearance, but you had donate to unlock the ability to customise any donation items.. I am not sure if whoever was in charge with the customer service side of the site knew what they were doing to be honest.

My Father, Daniel.

Old Posted 08-13-2022, 10:27 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #123  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
If I remember right, they were wanting to start afresh...

and yes, it was very poor management.. most of the users were ones that had been on the site since it was new and spent hundreds, if not millions of dollars to support it.

not only did they change the items appearance, but you had donate to unlock the ability to customise any donation items.. I am not sure if whoever was in charge with the customer service side of the site knew what they were doing to be honest.
My previous experience with avatar sites, management AND customer service think not.

They had a nice style of avatar so it's extra upsetting.

I was to busy with Menewsha to ever really get into it though. I guess for the better.

There are things with this site that still weird me out.

The logo/banner that moves for one thing
Old Posted 08-14-2022, 09:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Hello there. ^.^ Guess who is still alive. Me!

How are you all doing? This does seem like an interesting topic.

I have been on a good many avatar sites. Most of those sites are gone, or are dead pages. Pity.

I still do dailies and lurk on gaia, Dappervolk, and Zantarni. Other than waiting for solia to come back, that is basically all avatar forum visiting I do.

I have no use for NFTs, so solia will get nothing from me that way. I only donate for dress up items -- or maybe a pet, or something like for using during a mini game.
Buying Runes! Halp?
Old Posted 08-14-2022, 10:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #125  
i recently got back into dappervolk, saw how much of an elitist shitfest it had become (customs released, effectively allowing for infinite potatoes), then left again. until the management on that site improves, i'm probably not going to bother with it atm.

(or at least until 3's forest revamp.)

Old Posted 08-14-2022, 01:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
~Oh I've gone to Dappervolk. Didn't realize the place was bad. Haven't really been on there that long though. Guessing it got worse then what happened to Gaia or Recolor worse?

I'm with you. I'm not interested in NFTs so I'm not going to bother with them
~
Old Posted 08-14-2022, 03:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
Default   #127  
I haven't been on Zantarni for ages.. for some reason, my account won't let me reset my pw and I hate pestering Blaze but again, pretty sure most of the folks I spoke with have left. Dusty I catch on Gaia, Ivy last heard she got married, Moon still logs on, no idea about Asami, Kat, etc.

I don't think I ever was on Dappervolk, lol..

All the nfts I have seen, I wouldn't have any interest in owning. And same, I didn't mind donating to get some new items on Solia but I never had the income to spend anymore than 20 pounds.

I would say if your going to do anything that is a community, you need to know something about customer support. I actually went to read how an old workplace of mine was doing, the owner I worked under passed away and the new one seems to be running it into the ground. Apparently the workers aren't very customer friendly.. which is a shame, we had some very loyal customers when I worked there. Some I even came friends with outside of work, would spend a hour after just sitting there and chatting while they enjoyed their coffee, through pretty sure most of them are gone now cause they were older folks but we had one all the employees affectionately called him Grandpa.

My Father, Daniel.

Old Posted 08-14-2022, 05:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
moderation is arguably customer service, just with communities instead of singular people.

Old Posted 08-14-2022, 05:56 PM Reply With Quote