Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Gothic Princess
Default   #17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbsworth View Post
hi, i'm now an artist for the site lmao.
Congrats on being an artist.

Don't think I have the patience to try to pixel things anymore, not after having two years of training to do 3D models, lol. Also pretty sure most of the site would be C sharp or Java which I have had some experience in but not really languages I am comfortable with since most of my education was spent using Unity/C++ through wouldn't mind eventually taking courses to farther my c sharp/java skills in the future.

Hopefully the site will have a future, been trying to track down a few friends on here that I don't have on other sites but no idea if someone active may know where they are hanging out these days. Most of the sites I was on, have closed or money hungry, lol.

~In Loving Memory:~
To my sister and best friend since Kindergarten - Jenni
To a beautiful soul - Jessica
My Father, Daniel.
To the wise ass on my first day of College - Conor
To the unique bro in law - Eugene
To the one I never got to really know - John

Old Posted 03-31-2022, 06:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe View Post

Don't think I have the patience to try to pixel things anymore, not after having two years of training to do 3D models, lol. Also pretty sure most of the site would be C sharp or Java which I have had some experience in but not really languages I am comfortable with since most of my education was spent using Unity/C++ through wouldn't mind eventually taking courses to farther my c sharp/java skills in the future.

Hopefully the site will have a future, been trying to track down a few friends on here that I don't have on other sites but no idea if someone active may know where they are hanging out these days. Most of the sites I was on, have closed or money hungry, lol.
you'll probably have to ask coda about the coding-portion of the site. or toho.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 03-31-2022, 08:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #19  
Do we need any writers? I'm curious if I can help in some way.
Old Posted 04-04-2022, 09:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneberry View Post
you'll want to ask suzerain on that one.

Old Posted 04-05-2022, 02:27 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #21  
Quote:
we are not currently looking for writers, no, but we will be sure to announce it when we are ^^

Old Posted 04-05-2022, 03:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Is there some other way I can be helpful then? :D
Old Posted 04-05-2022, 05:29 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #23  
well, right now we're trying to get our art team back up and running, and have added a couple new pixelists to the team to try and facilitate that! currently we're in a bit of an adjustment period, but in the next few months we should get an idea of where our art and event teams stand, and if we need more people on board to help. if you'd like to go ahead and submit a resume with our administrators for a pixelist/designer/writing role, we would be happy to save it to consider once we know where we're at. ^^ my inbox is always open.

as it is, being as patient with us as our users have been is huge already! all activity is good activity, no question.

Old Posted 04-05-2022, 05:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
if you'd like to go ahead and submit a resume with our administrators for a pixelist/designer/writing role, we would be happy to save it to consider once we know where we're at. ^^ my inbox is always open.

as it is, being as patient with us as our users have been is huge already! all activity is good activity, no question.
Two questions: I'm blind (not literally, well, sort of, as I only have one working eye right now, but...) so I don't know where the form is. I'll keep looking, but figured I'd ask directly where it is while doing that.

Question two: What does a designer do exactly? *wondering if she can fill multiple roles*

EDIT:
Third question actually. You mentioned activity is good. But... What counts as a dead thread not to post in? Or is it free reign for now?
Last edited by Juneberry; 04-05-2022 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Extra question.
Old Posted 04-05-2022, 09:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #25  
Quote:
Two questions: I'm blind (not literally, well, sort of, as I only have one working eye right now, but...) so I don't know where the form is. I'll keep looking, but figured I'd ask directly where it is while doing that.

Question two: What does a designer do exactly? *wondering if she can fill multiple roles*

EDIT:
Third question actually. You mentioned activity is good. But... What counts as a dead thread not to post in? Or is it free reign for now?
about your third point, admins don't really mind necroposting on here since it gets quiet at times, but new posts in old threads may be subjected to higher scrutiny. this is based off of a cursory glance at the rules, and this is as far as i can remember.

second point, designers design items. iirc Den is an item designer for this site. i'm an item designer for another one.

here's the job listings post: https://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21205

Last edited by Stabbsworth; 04-05-2022 at 09:15 AM. Reason: extra stuff.
Old Posted 04-05-2022, 09:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbsworth View Post
about your third point, admins don't really mind necroposting on here since it gets quiet at times, but new posts in old threads may be subjected to higher scrutiny. this is based off of a cursory glance at the rules, and this is as far as i can remember.

second point, designers design items. iirc Den is an item designer for this site. i'm an item designer for another one.

here's the job listings post: https://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21205
Two new questions!
1. What's the difference between an item designer and a pixel artist?
2. What is necroposting exactly?

Edit: ANOTHER NEW QUESTION SORRY
The link you gave me doesn't have the application, it just tells me where to send it. :c
Last edited by Juneberry; 04-05-2022 at 09:23 AM.
Old Posted 04-05-2022, 09:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #27  
Quote:
Two new questions!
1. What's the difference between an item designer and a pixel artist?
2. What is necroposting exactly?

Edit: ANOTHER NEW QUESTION SORRY
The link you gave me doesn't have the application, it just tells me where to send it. :c
iirc you gotta inquire about applying first in the DM. i tried to apply when i was sixteen at one point, then finally got around to it around... at least a few weeks ago? my internal clock is a bit fucked.

necroposting is when people post in old threads. i swear there was an explanation of what necroposting was on the rules thread, but maybe i'm misremembering.

i'm reasonably certain gallagher would know the difference a bit better than i do. and be able to answer your questions better.

Old Posted 04-05-2022, 09:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
It could be it was explained and I just forgot. I read the rules a few days ago, but my memory can be kind of trash sometimes, especially with new vocabulary terms, at least for a while.

I'll go send that PM then! I can ask the difference while I'm asking for a form to fill out. :)
Old Posted 04-05-2022, 09:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #29  
Quote:
It could be it was explained and I just forgot. I read the rules a few days ago, but my memory can be kind of trash sometimes, especially with new vocabulary terms, at least for a while.

I'll go send that PM then! I can ask the difference while I'm asking for a form to fill out. :)
it's a pretty contested thing across forum sites. admins here are relatively lax.

iirc voltra requires that you don't post in threads that are over 3 months old, pantheon online... i've forgotten about that one, i think there might be a moratorium on necroposting until activity picks up again.

Old Posted 04-05-2022, 09:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
I will necropost as I feel necessary then. As in I will not hold back if a thread interests me even if it's old. :D Thank you so much, and I'm sorry for all the questions! I'm a very curious and oblivious person sometimes.
Old Posted 04-05-2022, 09:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #31  
Quote:
I will necropost as I feel necessary then. As in I will not hold back if a thread interests me even if it's old. :D Thank you so much, and I'm sorry for all the questions! I'm a very curious and oblivious person sometimes.
yee.

if you wanna give pixelling items a go, feel free to go annoy gallagher about it. it's easy once you get the hang of it, and i personally do all my pixelling stuff on a mobile phone.

Old Posted 04-05-2022, 12:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe View Post

Between Toho and I, we've got coding on lock. The code is mostly PHP, with a tiny bit of Python on the backend and a fair amount of Javascript running in the browser. There's no Java or C# involved in Trisphee.

(I've done a little bit of C++ on the backend for Trisphee before in the past, because C++ is my favorite language and I needed something fast, but it's not a standard part of the site.)
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-08-2022, 07:16 PM Reply With Quote