Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Double Rainbow
Default   #17  
I think Lisa Frank's business is going out of business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 07-20-2017, 04:12 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzerain of Sheol View Post
Chance and circumstance are the defenses of the floundering, facile mind before the tyrannical determinism of the cosmos. :|

And the only thing spinning here is this death-trap of a planet, hurling itself through the void with seven billion tortured hostages along for the ride. :|
Semantics, a symptom of the furious attempt to assign meaning, very particular meaning, to whatever is.

Toys!
Old Posted 07-20-2017, 04:22 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #19  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I think Lisa Frank's business is going out of business.
Did it not already? I figure somebody just picked it up for the sake of making dollar store items.

I don't quite recall it being quite as absurdly colour-mush as what I've seen of late.
Old Posted 07-20-2017, 04:23 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
I'm so jealous of Gizmo. Lisa Frank stuff isn't sold in my country but I looove the designs.

My friend was in the US until she was ten, we lived in the same apartment complex and would play together. When she was moving to another complex and clearing out her house I took her Lisa Frank stuff. It was just a pencil stand and a sticker collection but I adored it. She'd won it and a game in an amusement park or fair of some sort, and it was old.

I hope they become more available sometime in the future. I didn't know it'd run out of business that makes me as sad as when BarbieGirls.com shut.
Old Posted 07-20-2017, 04:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #21  
I didn't even know Lisa Frank before this signature trend started on Trisphee, and then I was slightly disappointed to discover the quotes apparently do not belong to the original merchandise. The sharp contrast between eye-hurting flashy rainbows and nihilistic messages makes the most awesome part in my opinion. It reminds me of those companies who sell all kinds of sarcastic shirts, even though they usually don't do rainbow. Or a fashion style where people dress up with skull and skeleton motives but in a perky cute way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
Semantics, a symptom of the furious futile attempt to assign meaning
Fixed that for you. We have standards to uphold here.
Old Posted 07-20-2017, 05:06 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death by Mirrors View Post
Or a fashion style where people dress up with skull and skeleton motives but in a perky cute way.

BECAUSE IT'S NOT JUST LISA FRANK THAT ISN'T AVAILABLE TO BUY FOR ME, IT'S ALSO GOTHIC LOLITA LOVELINESS. I CRY.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 07-20-2017, 06:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #23  
Mine's clearly the best because I had to make it :|

Suze, now I've got a mental image of Rupert riding that rainbow pegasus. Thanks.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 07-20-2017, 02:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
Did it not already? I figure somebody just picked it up for the sake of making dollar store items.

I don't quite recall it being quite as absurdly colour-mush as what I've seen of late.
It might have. Last I heard there are still a couple of employees working there, though they don't know why they even work there since they don't do much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 07-20-2017, 02:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #25  
You guys are so wonderfully upbeat. :D

...Super cheery rainbow shit coupled with painful levels of nihilism would make for an excellent product line.
Old Posted 07-20-2017, 05:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Imagine the t-shirts.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-20-2017, 06:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #27  
Shut up and take my money.
Old Posted 07-20-2017, 07:49 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
Mine's clearly the best because I had to make it :|
OMG how did you make it?! lowkey wants to too

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 07-20-2017, 10:17 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #29  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death by Mirrors View Post
I didn't even know Lisa Frank before this signature trend started on Trisphee, and then I was slightly disappointed to discover the quotes apparently do not belong to the original merchandise. The sharp contrast between eye-hurting flashy rainbows and nihilistic messages makes the most awesome part in my opinion. It reminds me of those companies who sell all kinds of sarcastic shirts, even though they usually don't do rainbow. Or a fashion style where people dress up with skull and skeleton motives but in a perky cute way.

Fixed that for you. We have standards to uphold here.
EXCUSE ME?! Those words are NOT interchangeable, thank you very much! The futility is known! The furious part is in our attempts to deny and re-frame the inevitable into something of comfortable concept. But if you insist...

Sigh!

"..a symptom of the furious and futile attempt to assign meaning"

better?

And I've always thought the contrast is more fun when you take into account the development of life and thought. ;)
Old Posted 07-21-2017, 12:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Of course the futility of life itself is known, but that's why we need to point it out even more. With rainbows.
Old Posted 07-21-2017, 01:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #31  
Edit: You're talking about the really bright, cute images with dark text yeah?

call me grem
they/them
Last edited by gremlin; 07-21-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old Posted 07-21-2017, 02:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternum View Post
OMG how did you make it?! lowkey wants to too
Eh, it was more like, I saw a Nihilisa quote that I liked, but didn't like the image in the background, so I found art that I /did/ like (took some time, because HQ pics of old 90's things are pretty rare), and put the quote onto it in photoshop. Some effort involved, since fonts and gradients are weird.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 07-21-2017, 04:50 PM Reply With Quote