Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Snap!
Default   #2033  
As much as I would love to learn German, learning languages is truly more difficult for me than necessary. English was difficult enough when I was learning as a child

Spanish seems simple enough, but it would still take me years to really be able to have a normal conversation in Spanish.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 04-01-2024, 04:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
I just bought a Towel Cape in every color from the Token Shop. Now my avi can dress up as anyone!
Old Posted 04-07-2024, 01:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #2035  
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderWendy View Post
I just bought a Towel Cape in every color from the Token Shop. Now my avi can dress up as anyone!

Heck yeah! Now you need a stick with a cloth on the end to hold your necessities for your ambitious adventures
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 04-08-2024, 01:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
Heck yeah! Now you need a stick with a cloth on the end to hold your necessities for your ambitious adventures
Huh?
Old Posted 04-08-2024, 07:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #2037  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
As much as I would love to learn German, learning languages is truly more difficult for me than necessary. English was difficult enough when I was learning as a child

Spanish seems simple enough, but it would still take me years to really be able to have a normal conversation in Spanish.
I mean...I'd say for most adults, it would probably take a minimum of a year of learning to have a conversation in a new language. After a year of studing Irish Gaelic, I have enough basic knowledge to greet a person, ask how they are...and MAYBE ask about their interests/hobbies or for directions (to a limited number of places including library, pub/bar, and hospital). Though I can't guarantee I'd be able to understand all of their replies. xD
Oh, and my friend and I can kind of complain about our coworkers, but that's still probably not using correct grammar so...
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 04-08-2024 at 03:45 PM.
Old Posted 04-08-2024, 03:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
today's awesome was the amazingness of totality of the solar eclipse!

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 04-08-2024, 06:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #2039  
I know, it was so cool to see!
Old Posted 04-09-2024, 07:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I 100% forgot about the eclipse. But the path of totality was also nowhere near me (I think we probably only had like 40% coverage here), so it wouldn't have been as interesting anyway. xD
Old Posted 04-10-2024, 01:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #2041  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
I mean...I'd say for most adults, it would probably take a minimum of a year of learning to have a conversation in a new language. After a year of studing Irish Gaelic, I have enough basic knowledge to greet a person, ask how they are...and MAYBE ask about their interests/hobbies or for directions (to a limited number of places including library, pub/bar, and hospital). Though I can't guarantee I'd be able to understand all of their replies. xD
Oh, and my friend and I can kind of complain about our coworkers, but that's still probably not using correct grammar so...
Learning new things like how to read sheet music, speak languages, and play instruments have been struggles for me specifically. As much as these things interest me, it's a struggle to learn them because they take a lot of time. But I have no problems with patience when it comes to training parrots and piecing together diamond paintings.

I should use my time to learn new skills that are actually useful to society.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 04-11-2024, 11:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Woo! Ludum Dare 55 was a success -- best looking game I've ever made, jam or otherwise!

Call of Aether
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-15-2024, 10:45 PM Reply With Quote