Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Mother Ship
Default Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series help me plz   #1  
So I bought this 2 in 1 from my friend (I think it is the 3168) and, so far, only on facebook (though that might be coincidental Edit: and it's not every time I go to facebook, just every time it has happened I've been going to facebook or switching tabs to facebook) the touchpad and touchscreen will not respond. But Windows still responds, because the few times I've tried to tab to the 'start' menu, it has worked.

Restarting has always fixed it so far. But I'd rather not have to restart it every single time.

Wat do?

(Plz help....it's out of warranty by a lot and dell will not help at all unless I throw money at them .-.)
Last edited by Yokuutsu; 01-15-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Old Posted 01-15-2020, 04:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
What do you mean by "only on Facebook"? Do you have a mouse that you can use to check that it's a touchpad problem and not the cursor in general?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 01-15-2020, 04:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #3  
Like usually it's right after I go to facebook, like it has never happened while on a different tab or anything else. It's probably coincidence like I said, but it is ALWAYS facebook XD

That's the thing it is also the touch screen at the same time. Like both refuse to work at the same time. And I don't have another mouse .-. (I know I need to get one, but I'd literally only use it in instances like this .-. so I delay like the procrastinator I am)
Old Posted 01-15-2020, 04:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Touchpad and touchscreen both shitting out at the same time seems to point to related services stopping for some reason... I don't have a touchscreen, and I'm not Coda, but, hm...

If you open Task Manager and go to the Services tab, do you have "SynTPEnh" or any other service that could be related to touchpad/touchscreen?

If you do, perhaps you can scroll to that service before the touchpad/screen stops working, check to make sure the services are running, then go to FB (or whatever else seems to break the touch functionality), then tab back to task mgr to see if the services are now stopped.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 01-15-2020, 05:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #5  
You might not be Coda, but I am.

It sounds to me like it might be a browser issue, if Windows is still responding. What browser are you using? Try a different one?
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-15-2020, 10:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I'm using chrome, don't trust edge (because it is IE...and like three tabs max of chrome gets it to like 70-80% ram usage....why did they put windows 64bit on a 4gb ram lapotp? Idk)

And it isn't every time I go to facebook, just when it does happen, it's when I go to facebook -goes to edit since it was 2 in the morn when I posted this)
Old Posted 01-15-2020, 01:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #7  
try doing it on firefox. chrome is a known RAM hog.
if you prefer chrome, try Brave? ik that one was made using a bit of chrome's architecture.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 01-15-2020, 01:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Switching to another Chromium-based browser isn't likely to change anything if it's a problem in Chrome. But yes, try Firefox.

That said, there's no reason to distrust Edge, because it's NOT IE. Edge is Microsoft leaving IE behind and fixing the bad decisions they made in IE. That's one of the reasons they didn't call it IE12. And modern Microsoft is WAY better at this than IE-era Microsoft. Yes, Edge isn't as fast as Firefox or Chrome, but it's just as secure as either of them and very nearly as robust in terms of functionality. Microsoft deserves credit where credit is due. (It might actually be MORE secure in practice than Chrome in some ways purely because it ISN'T Chrome. Which makes it depressing that the next version of Edge will be based on Chromium...)
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-15-2020, 05:20 PM Reply With Quote