Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #3201  
I should buy some smaller elastic and make Derpy a new skirt....
>.>
Old Posted 11-26-2018, 02:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
I think my mum got a sewing machine from her friend or for her friend. Idk.
Old Posted 11-26-2018, 07:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3203  
*excited squealing* Thought the chainmaille pdf instructions I bought were lost forever on my dead phone, but I was able to just download them again from my account on the site I got them on! TIME TO TAKE INVENTORY OF MY JUMP RINGS FOR ORNAMENT MAKING! 8D
Might need to buy some in a few sizes for more variety in colors...since I think I mainly just have a few greens, orange, yellow, and red.
Old Posted 11-26-2018, 08:42 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Omg, I'm so happy things are working out for you when you thought they wouldn't, Kaderin, ahhhh. I'm so happy for you!!! I adore red and those colors sound as if they'd fit great together, ahhhhh!!!
Old Posted 11-26-2018, 09:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3205  
The red/orange/yellow turned out pretty awesome, but two of the greens were a bit too subtle in shade difference when put together, which was a bit disappointing.

But I do want to get more colors so I can do a bunch of different combos.
Also, here's Derpy's tree and the cat fabric I bought!
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 11-26-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old Posted 11-26-2018, 09:42 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Ahhhhh, it's all so perfect and gorgeous!!!! I love the way you did the ornaments as well!!! Ahhhh, the tree is such a cute small one and the cat fabric is GORGEOUS, ahhhh those blues black!!! You make such great craft choices, omggg!!!
Old Posted 11-26-2018, 09:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3207  
Aww thanks! The ornaments I definitely was just following the pattern for the most part. The colors were really just mostly random choice. I am hoping that I have the right rings in red and green so I can do some more Christmassy ones this year. Migjt have to buy a few supplies, but don't remember what sizes I have and need.

I just buy what I love tbh. Cats and color.
Old Posted 11-26-2018, 10:10 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I wanna do craft stuff but I have a headache and staring at my lap top is probably not the best idea but I'm here anyway. At least my room is well lit so it's not making the headache worse.

Accidentally slept in until 2pm today too. So much for a half decent sleep schedule.
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 11-26-2018, 10:12 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Default   #3209  
Wow, they were??? They're so nicely done though, like you put a ton of thought into them, ahhhhh!!! Sooo pretty!!! I am too, I'd love for you to enjoy the chance to do so, you so deserve it!!! I prefer dogs over cats but that's quite cool.

I want to do craft things again as well but I really need to get a job and get the supplies first. It'd be my first one and god, I'm so excited for that, ahhhhh!!! I accidentally slept late too, I hate myself for it like I always do when I get more than a few hours but you know what, that's quite alright!!!
Old Posted 11-26-2018, 10:16 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I was getting up at 10am every day, until the weather changed and my seasonal affective took over my life again....

Also unrelated but: Ornament hooks have gotten fancy while I wasn't looking!
Link
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 11-26-2018, 10:21 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Default   #3211  
I usually sleep for 2-3 hours a night, I make myself do so so I'm always prepared for anything but the last couple days I've been getting up at 11-12. But I also watch a baby all night and I'm sick so yeah... This is exactly what happens, ugh!! Omgggg, they're so gorgeous!!! I love them sooo much, if only they came in purple!!! (Admittedly, I didn't look that far into it. I just did a quick look so if it comes in purple, I wouldn't know. Just throwing that on out there.)
Old Posted 11-26-2018, 10:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Not super random choice I guess. I initially was gonna go with full rainbow in all ring sizes though, so I basically just cut it down to 6 colors (because I was broke and shouldn't have even been buying that much tbh) just randomly. The greens because my sister in law loves green, but since she went back to her church she doesn't do Christmas anymore, so that didn't pan out like I planned. And the red orange yellow stayed just because they were at the top of my cart list and I started eliminating colors at the bottom od the list first.
Kind of getting pumped to get home now to dig through my box of stuff! I really would love to get some better storage for my jump rings and scales. We have some snap apart boxes that could be perfect for travel depending on if the smaller boxes I have fit well enough inside them, but I don't have much for at home storage for them except a big tub, which is fine, but I have to really dig through to find everything and it would be nice to have some organized, labeled storage space so I could organize them by size at least.
Of course, my yarn needs some massive organization as well, but I have no clue what I can do about that. I'd buy some nice glass-front cabinets, but my apartment is pretty tiny so I don't have a lot of room.

Damn. those are some fancy hooks... 80
Old Posted 11-26-2018, 10:30 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #3213  
IF my body does it's winter thing I will easily sleep at least 12 hours in a 24 hour time frame. I prefer to aim for 8 hours but my body is not agreeable to that number in winter.

And I wonder how hard it would be to do wire wrapping stuff to make a purple ornament hook :O
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 11-26-2018, 10:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
I thought the two shades of green were really pretty together. I think the only source near me for crafts is Wal*Mart. Bleh.
Old Posted 11-26-2018, 10:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3215  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
I thought the two shades of green were really pretty together. I think the only source near me for crafts is Wal*Mart. Bleh.
XD ^Point proven about the green. There are actually 3 shades of green. Green, Lime, and Seafoam

Damies: with the supplies available, not that hard actually.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 11-26-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Old Posted 11-26-2018, 10:42 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I did not know you could harden wire by whacking it with a hammer.

Link to video about making ornament hangers
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 11-26-2018, 11:29 PM Reply With Quote