Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #3361  
I feel so accomplished today! Made and cut out a pattern to use for making skirts for Derpy (woo, destroy those gender stereotypes for stuffed animals!) and have done many rows on my mermaid blanket and am now on color 3 of 5. Not sure how much I like it, but it's too late to back out now...
Old Posted 12-06-2018, 04:46 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Awww you go Derpy rock that skirt!

Also grats on all of those lines! that sounds complex.
Razz | Pansexual | 30 | Genderfluid (She/He/They)!

Hooked on Final Fantasy XIV!
Old Posted 12-06-2018, 05:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3363  
Just gotta get some thin elastic (probably like 3/4 inch wide) so I can make the little skirts! XD

It's actually not really very complicated. Just time consuming with all the back and forth on the rows. About half done with the decreases and then I think it's just the fin and it'll be done.
Old Posted 12-06-2018, 05:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Finally got a pic to upload! Unfortunately, my phone really washed out the colors pretty badly.

The reds are actually burgundy and a deep berry red. And the orange is a bit darker.
Old Posted 12-06-2018, 05:52 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Default   #3365  
that looks cozy!

Old Posted 12-07-2018, 12:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I also finished this one last winter, but I didn't convert the pattern properly, so it's really disproportionate.
Old Posted 12-07-2018, 01:25 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #3367  
I need to get back to playing MMOs, I kinda miss them.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 12-07-2018, 08:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
*grabs set of dice and Derpy* Host us an online tabletop rpg plz?
8D
Yeah, I can do that.

Most likely using Roll20 for dice rolls, and it will be text based (for simplicity's sake so people who miss one session can jump back in and see what happened... plus it would allow me to run it more independently from everyone's schedule. Which actually means I don't have to get up at 4am, so huge win)

Any particular preference for rulebook/system? What do you all want to focus on (exploration, roleplay, fights, ...)?
Old Posted 12-07-2018, 12:07 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Default   #3369  
I'm honestly not much of a Play by Post person. ;w; So I might sit this one out. However 5E has a fairly easy to use and home-brew play style, and if you don't have access to books the Fandom Wiki has all of the info you need, and it's up to date.

Middle Finger of Vecna has some homebrew material, and so does D&D beyond, but you might want to look though that stuff because some of it is either hilariously under powered, or grossly over powered. Roll 20 has free assets too, so if you need to, say, build maps or something you can.

Kittybeary, Same. I haven't touched ESO in forever, and damn if I feel bad for not jumping on the Fortuna hype once it dropped.

It looks snuggly, Kaderin Triste! Is it warm?

Old Posted 12-07-2018, 01:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Death: I'll be honest, I don't have any rl friends who do tabletop rpg. I don't actually have many rl friends....so other than a couple brief attempts to join games at college, I pretty much have zero knowledge of any and all actual games/rule books. So I'm sure anything is fine. As for game focus? Same. I have no clue.

Zil: Unfortunately, I haven't had much need to use it as my apartment gets almost too hot in the winter, but I recall it being pretty nice and warm.
Old Posted 12-07-2018, 02:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #3371  
been tired out, recently, probably because of the cold.

smokey and semi were on my bed last night. me and bro are taking it in turns to have them in our room.

played some don't starve together, thought i joined a marginally decent server, got called a noob for not doing anything in summer when i don't want to inconvenience anyone by taking a thermal stone and not being able to do much because of the overheating problem, then they said that they don't want 'noobs' in their server. elitism like that is why i don't bother w/ multiplayer games most of the time, but then i get lonely lmao. ppl also told me to look up a guide when i'd rather not spoil myself and get into all the mechanics on day 2 of playing the game in the first place, but apparently it's not enough for someone to want to enjoy the game without having to search up a guide.

i really should get back into MMOs, but. i can't really be arsed. the only games i'm currently interested in is don't starve together & binding of isaac afterbirth plus.

i've also heard that Journey's planning to be released on the PC, so i can't wait for that, but apparently Epic Games is working on that, so. chances are i'll have to figure out a way to boot it through their launcher if they're not releasing it on steam?

the only reason i managed to get fortnite on the pc is via linking it with the ps4 version, so. that's gonna be fun.

smash ultimate releases in a day, i think.
Old Posted 12-07-2018, 03:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Alright, give me a few days to set something up. If it goes well I might even consider a play by voice game, but don't quote me on it (as in, there's a slight but also realistic chance I'm too lazy to do two campaigns). Basically I'm just a sucker for good stories, and unfortunately my rl friends are into different stuff as well.
Old Posted 12-07-2018, 06:01 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Default   #3373  
I'm thinking of opening a hangout specifically for D&D, or putting something in Media for it, maybe with recs to podcasts for ppl like me who need more D&D in their lives than what's probably necessary. Because playing a few days a week is obvs not enough for me.

Old Posted 12-07-2018, 08:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Do it! I will stop by for sure, if only to check out the "shit my players said" section ^^
Old Posted 12-08-2018, 05:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #3375  
smash ultimate's released.

also, neverwinter was made on a D&D system, i think.
Old Posted 12-08-2018, 09:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Wooo! Gonna hopefully get to see the latest Fantastic Beasts today after work!
Old Posted 12-08-2018, 10:40 AM Reply With Quote