Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixelist
Default   #2209  
oh, that sounds like it sucks ass.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 08-03-2022, 01:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
The bank stuff? It's annoying but manageable. Checked atm, but I don't trust it for...reasons. So will check the one at the grocery store after work if they still have one. Just because the one I hit on my lunch break is at/for a specific bank and idk...I'm just wary I guess. I really wish my bank had more atms, but they just have one at each location in their drive-through lanes...which is annoying because they're both practically across town from me. XP
I'll probably call in the morning to see if I can get the online banking set up, too so I can stop worring about everything.
Old Posted 08-03-2022, 03:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
Default   #2211  
A friend and neighbor of mine passed away a few days ago, though i overheard some people already talking about some of the stuff he had that has their interest....he has been gone for 2 days and they discuss this...i do not understand people anymore...and these were friends of them too...
Old Posted 08-03-2022, 03:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Going to a food pantry tomorrow. Pretty nervous about it. Don't want to come across as ungrateful when trying to pick things out and having to worry about food sensitives and sensory issues.
Old Posted 08-04-2022, 11:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #2213  
TMI, but it's moderately funny depending on whether or not you like poop jokes.

Old Posted 08-05-2022, 07:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Not exactly a "daily" awful because this is the conclusion of 2+ weeks of chaos... but I am EXHAUSTED. Work has been a caricature of Murphy's Law. Deadlines got pushed up against the line because of emergency bugfixes that made us have to drop everything to handle it. But that crunch made mistakes slip through in the deliverables, which meant more emergency bugfixes. Which took up the time that I was supposed to be spending working on another deadline.

Oh. And I got sick Monday afternoon.

I ended up giving up on that one at 4AM this morning when I realized that I was too tired for my work to be reliable, so I sent off an email to the dozen people who had gone out of their way to coordinate a meeting time and let them know I wasn't going to be ready despite having said I would be on Monday.

And just to add one parting shot to the whole thing, one of the fixes I'd squeezed in on Monday had mistakenly missed getting into the hotfix shipped to the customers, so we had to ship another hotfix today... at least that one was easy, but come on.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-10-2022, 10:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #2215  
mm, fuck. another minecraft content creator is dead.

Old Posted 08-14-2022, 08:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
self harm cw

Old Posted 08-14-2022, 04:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #2217  
Wound up going to a different food pantry. Wound up being more stressful, especially with the intense questioning that got personal.
Old Posted 08-18-2022, 12:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
YELLING ABOUT DISCORD MOBILE UPDATE
it also reset the sync. i have shit on light mode on my computer bc it's always charged, and on the AMOLED ultra dark mode on my phone bc i need to save le battery

i can and will yell about this over yelling about my teeth. it is indeed, as i told a friend, something new to bitch about.

Old Posted 08-22-2022, 02:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #2219  
I swear...for as paranoid as I am about packages not making it to my apartment safely, I've had worse luck getting stuff sent to work (the library) than to my apartment (where it's a crap-shoot whether my items will be delivered inside the building doors or not).
They left my giant box of yarn in front of the main doors (thankfully nothing was missing) and now this time, I bought my a new phone...aaaaannnd....it says delivered. It says they obtained a signature for the delivery. But there's no package at my desk, nothing on the mail dock...no sign of it anywhere.

T_T
Old Posted 08-23-2022, 05:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
oof. that sucks ass.

ow, my teeth. ow, my teeth. ow, my teeth.

Old Posted 08-23-2022, 06:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #2221  
i just want to not be in fuckin pain. it gets seriously exhausting when you're crying every five minutes after trying to go to sleep and having to mask it from your dad bc you don't wanna stress him out with more shit
i can't sleep bc of the tooth pain and i don't want to accidentally overdose on ibuprofen even if it requires like. two entire packs to purposefully overdose.

Old Posted 08-24-2022, 01:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbsworth View Post
oof. that sucks ass.

ow, my teeth. ow, my teeth. ow, my teeth.
Yeah...so good news, phone did end up making it to me. So once the case and screen protector I ordered arrive, I can switch over. Unfortunately, it has a lot of pre-loaded apps that I don't need or want, but I'll uninstall and disable as many as I can.
Old Posted 08-25-2022, 06:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #2223  
i really hate pre-loaded apps. god. i legitimately cannot remove google chrome from my phone despite google basically making spyware. i'd probably have to like. jailbreak it or something.

Old Posted 08-26-2022, 01:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Getting really burned out at work. Especially considering I can't really move things along for our clients. I'm not the person who does the things they need done and people getting sick in the office and we just can't keep everyone here on a steady basis and get caught up. I mean, at least we have legitimate excuses to tell clients but that doesn't meant they care or are less pissy. And I'm really tired of the attitude of a couple co-workers as well. It pisses me off for _namehere_ because they totally take advantage. And yes, we have more freedom here being a small office and like family so there is some wiggle room/leniency to expected behavior but at this point people are definitely taking advantage. For one, why don't you guys just show that you care a little bit and be thankful you don't have a job where the boss jumps down your throat everytime you slack off or just suck. But also, have a little self pride in what you do. We're all tired and haven't has downtime over the last 2 years. We normally have a slow season but we haven't. It sucks. It's to be expected that we're all tired but regardless, some of the behavior is just outright disrespectful and it makes me sick and just not want to be here.
Old Posted 08-26-2022, 10:29 AM Reply With Quote