Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It Won't Stop
Default   #11649  
haha, aw cute

Old Posted 07-16-2018, 02:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I feel like, if I didn't just completely lose the story 5 lines in, that could actually be a fun short-story plot.
Old Posted 07-16-2018, 02:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #11651  
Sorry for butting in...

But do you accept runes for items? And if I'm understanding with your rate, it would be 20 runes for an older monthly or 20 runes for 10 event items?
Old Posted 07-16-2018, 02:25 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
yeah that's be about right

the event item rate is pretty flexible. like, if you want 2 outfit bundles but all together all the items that make up the bundles is 12 rather than 10, no big deal

i can also do rune-aurum conversions if someone would rather buy runes to have on hand than an older item, but my currency numbers are hard limited to what i earn through posting, sales, and salary.

Old Posted 07-16-2018, 02:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #11653  
Yay, that at least gives me some hope. I'll have to bother you about it later once I go through my list and prioritize which items to get.
Old Posted 07-16-2018, 02:37 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
yup yup, that's what i'm here for

bringing hope to the masses, making sure that no items disappear from the economy entirely, and loowwwkeeeyyy hoping i'll get another artist/writer that wants to deal in produced works rather than currency

Old Posted 07-16-2018, 02:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #11655  
I mean, tbh, if I was more confident in my ability to write more than half a page, I'd totally swap writing for items.
Old Posted 07-16-2018, 03:00 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
i feel u lol, i just sit in my corner and lament every day

Old Posted 07-16-2018, 03:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #11657  
The horrible thing is, I used to just write and not give a shit. Like, in high school, I legit filled like 1/4 of one of my notebooks with just 1 story. Granted it was a cliche and just absolutely horrible vampire/human love story because I used to be OBSESSED with vampires (but like good, Anne Rice vampires, not sparkly fairy "vampires"), and I ripped a lot of character names from books I was reading at the time, but still...
Old Posted 07-16-2018, 03:08 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
i mean, that's more than i've ever done

Old Posted 07-16-2018, 03:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #11659  
I used to love writing (as evidenced by the almost 80 stories and segments of stiries on my computer plus almost 60 character profiles in varying degrees of completion), but the older I got, the more I started to compare my work with actual authors and I started to realize that my writing is not even good enough for mediocre young-adult novels. Plus, a severe lack of support from family hasn't helped. My dad especially is always very negative every time I say "I want to do/learn x" but the last few years I've been pretty good about tuning out his criticisms of my life.
Old Posted 07-16-2018, 03:26 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
yeah, i've always struggled with my expressive language junk, writing has never been an easy thing for me at any point for the simple fact that my thoughts do not naturally exist with any sort of language or imagery attached

so, everything i do involves a great deal of translating things that don't naturally lend themselves to words

hence why i need tiva to make my announcements for me

Old Posted 07-16-2018, 03:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #11661  
That's actually really interesting. I'm sure very annoying/frustrating at times, but interesting. At least from an outside perspective.
I just tend to lose my train of thought in the middle of a sentence or I'll have a very well thought out scene in my head, but as I start typing it out, it all slips away like melted jello.
Which is probably why I should go back to physically hand-writing stuff more. While jt's slower, it allows me the time to think over exactly what I am trying to express. So my writing is slightly less crap.
Old Posted 07-16-2018, 03:45 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
no, i agree, it is interesting. i like to hear about what it's like inside of other peoples' heads, because inside mine is... very, very quiet

i wouldn't say silent, not exactly, because for the most part, my brain refuses to filter things out as unimportant. so most times, i'm aware of the ac behind me, the sound of my body existing — swallowing, breathing, etc — and all sorts of physical things like that. but i don't have much in the way of an inner voice. my thoughts as they exist naturally are mostly feelings, impulses, and colors. there's a lot of things where i could tell you the exact colors i feel from it easier and faster than trying to put them into words.

so, in a situation like that, in a head like mine, any serious writing means that i need to focus all of my attention. some days it comes easier than others, but practice, for me, helps me to keep at a baseline functionality rather than improve my abilities.

Old Posted 07-16-2018, 03:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #11663  
My brain is definitely a lot more noisy. It also doesn't really filter out sounds, but it does layer things by their importance. Like, I always hear the noise of my refrigerator, chest freezer, and fans running, but since they're not super important, then my inner conversation and over-thinking the things that I am typing/saying are "louder" (although they don't really have any noise) or if I'm watching a show, that's the dominant noise. In some cases, I will kind of tune put the noise (songs or movies for example), where the noise will still be there, but it will almost go fuzzy/lose focus because a different task like counting stitches and rows on a loom project is more important but when the sound stops, I always notice right away. And I almost daily will get a song (or 3) stuck in my head. Sometimes all at the same time, which is just the worst because I'll end up with a 3-4 line mashup song snippet at the end of it.
Old Posted 07-16-2018, 04:11 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
mm, yeah, i've never been able to tune out well

i usually fake it when i don't want to listen to people

Old Posted 07-16-2018, 04:33 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
arting profusely, best friends club, can't touch this, coloring :d, worlds cutest baby winter