Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Anu's knight
Default The throne room of the DemiGodz   #1  
The DemiGodz
Always present in Myths and legendz we are the figures of great and this is our Throne room.

Rules
Simple obey Trisphee Terms of Service and rules
Put DEMIGOD in your sig if you are excepted
please subscribe that should be a given though
non Demiz are welcomed as well

The DemiGodz
sir_Odin {Norse} About <---link
Inari {Japanese Shinto} About <--link
AngelSpirit Girl (Seraphim) About <-- Link
Lucifer(Christian)About <---Link
Corveous(Latin)about<---Link

Black list
Last edited by Sir_Odin; 10-12-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old Posted 11-03-2010, 02:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Anu's knight
Please pm or post here from which legend/myth you are from Like Odin is a Norse god and so such Azreal is a Christian god...so to speak...lol and so such...any are welcomed...I guess even made up ones
Last edited by Sir_Odin; 11-03-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old Posted 11-03-2010, 02:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Anu's knight
Default   #3  
Here lies the throne room of the demi-gods. How you see it depends on your view of the gods. Some see the painted Olypmus from the odes and hymns, and some see the kingdom of heaven, and some see the Celtic halls of Odin, while others, the Egyptian Glims.

This is a place of hangout and all may come and speak with us...some of us more stingy then others but I have always been a friendly Demi with all that accept me XD

Why join?: Well duh you're one of the greats why not!
Last edited by Sir_Odin; 05-07-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old Posted 11-03-2010, 02:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Anu's knight
The Faithful Followers: (these are the people that are not Demi's but the regulars that come here just to hang)

Kamikaze Chinchilla

Poggie
Odin's closet (updated 08/11

name:Odin(Ben)
What am i?:I am the plague knight and Odin himself Norse god
sex:yes lots please(m)
loves:Alyssa
Last edited by Sir_Odin; 11-13-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old Posted 11-03-2010, 02:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Cute lil Fox Goddess
Default   #5  
Name: Inari
Type: God/Goddess
Religion/Mythology: Japanese Shinto

About Inari:

Inari (稲荷?, also Oinari) is the Japanese kami of fertility, rice, agriculture, foxes, industry and worldly success and one of the principal kami of Shinto. Represented as male, female, or androgynous, Inari is sometimes seen as a collective of three or five individual kami. Inari appears to have been worshipped since the founding of a shrine at Inari Mountain in 711 A.D., although some scholars believe that worship started in the late 5th century.

Worship of Inari spread across Japan in the Edo period, and by the 16th century Inari had become the patron of blacksmiths and the protector of warriors. Inari is a popular figure in both Shinto and Buddhist beliefs in Japan. More than one-third (32,000)of Shinto shrines in Japan are dedicate to Inari. Modern corporations, such as cosmetic company Shiseido, continue to revere Inari as a patron kami, with shrines atop their corporate headquarters.[1]

Inari's foxes, or kitsune, are pure white and act as his/her messengers.

Inari has been depicted both as male and as female. The most popular representations of Inari, according to scholar Karen Ann Smyers, are a young female food goddess, an old man carrying rice, and an androgynous bodhisattva.[2] No one view is correct; the preferred gender of depiction varies according to regional traditions and individual beliefs.[2] Because of his/her close association with kitsune, Inari is often believed to be a fox; though this belief is widespread, both Shinto and Buddhist priests discourage it.[2] Inari also appears in the form of a snake or dragon, and one folktale has Inari appear to a wicked man in the shape of a monstrous spider as a way of teaching him a lesson.

Inari is sometimes identified with other mythological figures. Some scholars suggest that Inari is the figure known in classical Japanese mythology as Ukanomitama or the Kojiki's Ōgetsu-Hime; others suggest Inari is the same figure as Toyouke. Some take Inari to be identical to any grain kami.[3][4]

Inari's female aspect is often identified or conflated with Dakiniten, a Buddhist deity who is a Japanese transformation of the Indian dakini,[5] or with Benzaiten of the Seven Lucky Gods.[6] Dakiniten is portrayed as a female or androgynous bodhisattva riding a flying white fox.[5] Inari's association with Buddhism may have begun in the 8th century, when Shingon Buddhist monk and founder, Kūkai, took over administration of the temple of Tōji, and chose Inari as a protector of the temple.[1] Thus, Inari is still closely associated with Shingon Buddhism to this day.

Inari is often venerated as a collective of three deities (Inari sanza); since the Kamakura period, this number has sometimes increased to five kami (Inari goza). However, the identification of these kami has varied over time. According to records of Fushimi Inari, the oldest and perhaps most prominent Inari shrine, these kami have included Izanagi, Izanami, Ninigi, and Wakumusubi, in addition to the food deities previously mentioned. The five kami today identified with Inari at Fushimi Inari are Ukanomitama, Sarutahiko, Omiyanome, Tanaka, and Shi. However, at Takekoma Inari, the second-oldest Inari shrine in Japan, the three enshrined deities are Ukanomitama, Ukemochi, and Wakumusubi.[7] According to the Nijūni shaki, the three kami are Ōmiyame no mikoto (water,) Ukanomitama no mikoto (grain,) and Sarutahiko no mikami (land.)

The fox and the wish-fulfilling jewel are prominent symbols of Inari. Other common elements in depictions of Inari, and sometimes of his/her kitsune, include a sickle, a sheaf or sack of rice, and a sword. Another belonging was her whip—although she was hardly known to use it, it was a powerful weapon that was used to burn people's crops of rice.

(Even tho Buddhists monks and Shinto priests don't like it.. I love to imagine Inari as a fox who can change colors.. in my siggy is my version of a Baby Inari Fox color Orange Brown)

~The cute little Fox Goddess~

Quote:
Inari also appears in the form of a snake or dragon, and one folktale has Inari appear to a wicked man in the shape of a monstrous spider as a way of teaching him a lesson.
Old Posted 11-03-2010, 03:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Anu's knight
o.O

Old Posted 11-03-2010, 03:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Anu's knight
Default   #7  
How do you make a link to a specific post?

Old Posted 11-03-2010, 03:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Human/Succubus/Angel Hybrid Sorceress
*walks in* Oh, hello ^^

TWALF*UPDATE*/Solar Kiss/dA

I like girls

"Demons, Zombies, Vampires.... I love 'em all!! Especially if they're great in bed :p ~Me

Rule one of the skies: Every airship captain must own one impossibly awesome robot
Old Posted 11-03-2010, 03:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Cute lil Fox Goddess
Default   #9  
2 ways.. above the post there is a little number link you can click on (it'll just show that particular post) or use the little sheet of paper thingy..

click on either of those and then copy the URL of the page it takes you to :3

Quote:
Inari also appears in the form of a snake or dragon, and one folktale has Inari appear to a wicked man in the shape of a monstrous spider as a way of teaching him a lesson.
Old Posted 11-03-2010, 03:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Anu's knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe Puratekuta View Post
*walks in* Oh, hello ^^
hewoah

Old Posted 11-03-2010, 03:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Cute lil Fox Goddess
Default   #11  
Hi Gabe =D

Quote:
Old Posted 11-03-2010, 03:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Hmmm?? Did I miss something??

I like girls

"Demons, Zombies, Vampires.... I love 'em all!! Especially if they're great in bed :p ~Me

Rule one of the skies: Every airship captain must own one impossibly awesome robot
Old Posted 11-03-2010, 03:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #13  
Hello Thar Odin.
hmmm do I want to be a God?
Old Posted 11-03-2010, 03:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Anu's knight
isn't that the question on every ones lips lol

Old Posted 11-03-2010, 03:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #15  
It's easy for me. I'm the reincarnation of the daughter of a god :p

I like girls

Old Posted 11-03-2010, 03:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Anu's knight
quick About

Odin (pronounced /ˈoʊdɨn/ from Old Norse Óðinn) is a major god in Norse mythology and the ruler of Asgard. Homologous with the Anglo-Saxon Ƿōden and the Old High German Wotan, the name is descended from Proto-Germanic *Wōđinaz or *Wōđanaz. "Odin" is generally accepted as the modern English form of the name, although, in some cases, older forms may be used or preferred. His name is related to ōðr, meaning "fury, excitation," besides "mind," or "poetry." His role, like that of many of the Norse gods, is complex. Odin is a principal member of the Æsir (Norse Pantheon) and is associated with wisdom, war, battle and death, and also magic, poetry, prophecy, victory, and the hunt.

Old Posted 11-03-2010, 03:15 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
demi, faction, odin, throne