Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #3281  
Super excited that the weekend is getting closer! Soon I will buy a new chair for my living room (maybe. Still debating getting it now or waiting a bit to see if it goes clearance...) and also will buy Derpy his first car!
Old Posted 05-14-2020, 12:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
<x'D I'm so desperate for some friendly multiplayer video game time, I'm willing to play against my mom in Monopoly.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 05-16-2020, 03:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #3283  
i am begging this one dude to shut up about his fucking boyfriend if he's going to bitch about his sister not shutting up about her boyfriend.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 05-16-2020, 06:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I'm mad at myself for not being a better adult earlier on and having little to no debt and actually have savings because there's a sort of tiny house I want, but I would need to be able to buy land to put it on plus buy it and also then get water and electric hooked up to it. And I can't even afford a cheap used car right now.
:c

But I want it so badly that I took pictures of it, inside and out. And someday, I'll hopefully be able to afford it.
Old Posted 05-17-2020, 08:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #3285  
fan to our computer is running, not sure what's causing that, given that CPU usage isn't too bad and neither is the memory usage.

Old Posted 05-18-2020, 10:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
I'm mad at myself for not being a better adult earlier on and having little to no debt and actually have savings because there's a sort of tiny house I want, but I would need to be able to buy land to put it on plus buy it and also then get water and electric hooked up to it. And I can't even afford a cheap used car right now.
:c

But I want it so badly that I took pictures of it, inside and out. And someday, I'll hopefully be able to afford it.
My mom is HUGE on making "Vision boards",
She has so many pictures of herself behind the wheels of a Mercedes and she has it on her vision board. :)

I told her recently that she should have another board for all the things on the vision board that have already been accomplished.

I think there's nothing wrong with picturing yourself (literally) in your dream car.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 05-18-2020, 08:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3287  
I don't care about getting a car. It's the $70k+ small house, not including land to put it on and hooking up electric and water that I'm mad at my past self about. I haven't had a car for like 5 or 6 years and really haven't needed one too much in all that time.
But would kill to have my own house so I don't have to deal with obnoxious neighbors and can have a craft room that the cats can't get into and not have to deal with landlords who never actually fix the things you need fixed.
Old Posted 05-18-2020, 09:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
fan to our computer is running, not sure what's causing that, given that CPU usage isn't too bad and neither is the memory usage.
GPU? Disk usage? Maybe it's just a little warm in your house.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-19-2020, 02:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #3289  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
GPU? Disk usage? Maybe it's just a little warm in your house.
probably. it has been getting warmer.

Old Posted 05-19-2020, 08:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I made another attempt to go grocery shopping by myself this week... My mom was waiting in the parking lot.

Again, failed. I stood in line for a good 10 minutes or so, which is longer than I've waited by myself before.
I started panicking a bit, and ended up just leaving the line....

It feels so stupid that this is such a struggle for me. My anxiety just gets so much worse when I'm by myself. I worry about people trying to hurt me in some way, or kidnapping me. I did not think that this would be so difficult. It's a bit discouraging...

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 05-20-2020, 04:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #3291  
One of the few things I had to look forward to has been neglected for quite some time now and it's making it a lot harder to get through the day.
Old Posted 05-20-2020, 04:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava View Post
I made another attempt to go grocery shopping by myself this week... My mom was waiting in the parking lot.

Again, failed. I stood in line for a good 10 minutes or so, which is longer than I've waited by myself before.
I started panicking a bit, and ended up just leaving the line....

It feels so stupid that this is such a struggle for me. My anxiety just gets so much worse when I'm by myself. I worry about people trying to hurt me in some way, or kidnapping me. I did not think that this would be so difficult. It's a bit discouraging...
I don't want to sound negative, because you're still trying and that's wonderful! I'm glad you're still working towards your goal.

I just wonder if maybe you're trying to rush it/take too big of a step all at once. Maybe start with smaller steps like having someone walk with you to grab the items, then wait outside while you pay and gradually work towards them only being with you for half the shopping and eventually being able to shop with them in the car until you can eventually go by yourself.

Sounds like you've got a lot of worries and anxieties, which I think could make it harder to jump in headfirst. I'm sure it's frustrating, but smaller steps may be easier to handle? Just a suggestion.

Either way, I really hope it gets easier, I'm sure you can do it!
Old Posted 05-20-2020, 05:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #3293  
kaderin has good advice there.

dad had to let someone borrow the car bc his rabbit was sick.

Old Posted 05-21-2020, 10:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
In other news: how the hell did I end up with so many nail polishes?!? I'm close to 2/5 done with redoing my swatch sticks and have already done 108 polishes!
Old Posted 05-21-2020, 04:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #3295  
um...
;-;
I have no clue what to do.
Think I'll go watch a movie or something...

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 05-21-2020, 10:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
I don't want to sound negative, because you're still trying and that's wonderful! I'm glad you're still working towards your goal.

I just wonder if maybe you're trying to rush it/take too big of a step all at once. Maybe start with smaller steps like having someone walk with you to grab the items, then wait outside while you pay and gradually work towards them only being with you for half the shopping and eventually being able to shop with them in the car until you can eventually go by yourself.

Sounds like you've got a lot of worries and anxieties, which I think could make it harder to jump in headfirst. I'm sure it's frustrating, but smaller steps may be easier to handle? Just a suggestion.

Either way, I really hope it gets easier, I'm sure you can do it!
I appreciate your advice, Kaderin :)

Unfortunately I had a bit of a set back last night...
My "paranoia" was kicked up due to something a person I know said, and I'm currently feeling extremely discouraged and even though I planned to complete my goal this month, it doesn't look like it's going to happen.
My set back really messed with my head.

I'm not going to make any more attempts at all for the rest of this month, most likely...

It actually really upset me very much, and I was going to start isolating myself because of this experience, but I am trying to break that habit of holding things in like that... Or at the very least, I'm trying to not isolate. I want to get into others' worlds too

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 05-22-2020, 11:32 PM Reply With Quote