Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #1697  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
i mean, the only reasonably offensive thing about my little pony is the fuckin. Buffalo episode. it's a shitty americanized allegory for colonization.
(and a character with a bad lazy eye / potentially strabismus being called Derpy, but that's been changed.)
Of course, changing it just offended a different group of people. I know that there was a faction that felt uplifted by the fact that Derpy was Derpy, a beloved character with disabilities that shows that everyone is worthy of friendship and affection, and the change made those people feel like their representation had been marginalized.

It's kind of a no-win situation.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-20-2020, 02:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Of course, changing it just offended a different group of people. I know that there was a faction that felt uplifted by the fact that Derpy was Derpy, a beloved character with disabilities that shows that everyone is worthy of friendship and affection, and the change made those people feel like their representation had been marginalized.

It's kind of a no-win situation.
yeah, that sort of makes sense.

i still prefer the name Ditzy Doo for her though.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 02-21-2020, 12:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #1699  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
...what the fuck is the professor of that acting class even doing
Quote:
Being artsy, I would assume. It's not really art unless it's offensive, right?
Exactly!

I left class early because... wtf.
It definitely felt like the class was very cliche. Like, "oh, if you're an actor, you need to be okay with being naked in front of complete strangers!" "It's *freeing* you from being vulnerable"

No nonononono!

You do not have to strip in front of a stranger to be vulnerable.
I hated that that was his "message".

Thank X'hal I didn't have to pay for that class, though! ;u;
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 02-21-2020, 03:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Well, I knew my resume sucked, but I didn't know it sucked THAT much lol! <x'}
Resume rating out 10:

>u>; it's going to take a while for me to ever get hired...anywhere.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-21-2020, 07:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1701  
Do you need help with the resume?

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-21-2020, 11:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Nono, I got help. .n.
I'm just totally discouraged since I have Zero work experience, and little to no skills..

Other awful: My grandma is slowly losing her mind, and it's depressing because it's gotten to the point to which she will not remember what she was doing or that she even fell off her bed and bruised up her face. But it hasn't gotten to the point yet that she's forgotten who I, my mom or my brother are. I fear that might be coming soon though. She's already at risk for Stroke, she doesn't tell us when her head aches, she can barely walk by herself anymore, tends to fall asleep every 5 minutes or so, and her blood pressure needs to be constantly monitored...still, she seems in good spirits, which is good I guess. Though I would just hate to be the only one to watch her, then be responsible for her if anything goes wrong..

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-22-2020, 03:28 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #1703  
My back is in excruciating pain so I'm living with a heat pad on it while I type. My day has been a chorus of "ows" and curses.
Old Posted 02-23-2020, 01:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
Nono, I got help. .n.
I'm just totally discouraged since I have Zero work experience, and little to no skills..
The first job is always the hardest to get, for exactly that reason. Don't let it get you down. Even with a good resume with 10+ years of experience, it can take a couple dozen applications to actually find a job.

For a first job, it can sometimes be necessary to aim really low and get in on the ground floor. Basic customer-service positions like store greeters, cashiers, receptionists, or fast food, or basic grunt work positions like stockers and janitors don't really need much in the way of job experience. Even those basic jobs can make a difference on a resume and the extra income is of course always helpful.

Old Posted 02-23-2020, 11:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1705  
that reminds me, i need to figure out how to get a job.

Old Posted 02-23-2020, 01:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
@Void: Write a resume, apply, rinse and repeat.
Old Posted 02-23-2020, 05:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #1707  
Quote:
The first job is always the hardest to get, for exactly that reason. Don't let it get you down. Even with a good resume with 10+ years of experience, it can take a couple dozen applications to actually find a job.

For a first job, it can sometimes be necessary to aim really low and get in on the ground floor. Basic customer-service positions like store greeters, cashiers, receptionists, or fast food, or basic grunt work positions like stockers and janitors don't really need much in the way of job experience. Even those basic jobs can make a difference on a resume and the extra income is of course always helpful.
;U; Yehh, I've been looking and applying since 2015...it sucks tho, because I feel like I can't even do the basic stuff, so no one will let me. ;-; I'm starting to think I'm not even applying for myself anymore. I'm not trying to get a job, because I don't want one. I'm not trying to get a job because everyone wants me to get one. ;_; plus, I need money to live on my own so...I guess that's literally the ONLY incentive.

Old Posted 02-23-2020, 05:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
Other awful: My grandma is slowly losing her mind, and it's depressing because it's gotten to the point to which she will not remember what she was doing or that she even fell off her bed and bruised up her face. But it hasn't gotten to the point yet that she's forgotten who I, my mom or my brother are. I fear that might be coming soon though. She's already at risk for Stroke, she doesn't tell us when her head aches, she can barely walk by herself anymore, tends to fall asleep every 5 minutes or so, and her blood pressure needs to be constantly monitored...still, she seems in good spirits, which is good I guess. Though I would just hate to be the only one to watch her, then be responsible for her if anything goes wrong..

Aww.
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, Merskelly.
I've never gotten very close to anyone who's had dementia or Alzheimers :(

But seeing someone you love forget who you are... that sounds extremely difficult.
<3
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 02-23-2020, 06:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #1709  
<:/ Yehh. It's difficult.
Especially since I've shared my childhood with the woman.
She looks so much different than I remember her being.
She herself is like a child now. <x] It's a little funny. But also really sad, because she can't really do anything for herself anymore. Her body is dying, she is dying, and nothing is making it any easier. I just hope she goes peacefully and painlessly, because she is so used to pain and in pain every day I think, but she lets herself forget about it, so instead she can focus on falling asleep to her favorite murder mysteries and game shows. <:]
We just gotta make sure she's comfortable, and eating, and drinking, and making sure she's not showing any signs of stroke again.

Old Posted 02-23-2020, 06:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
For the job finding, have you considered volunteering for now? Something not too stressful, but that can help with doing something that requires direction from others.

If I can ever get mentally well enough, it's something I may plan to do too. Something involving caring for dogs at least.
Old Posted 02-23-2020, 10:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1711  
protip: don't show a panromantic / pansexual purrson posts from a "pan = bi!!! uwu" purrson's blog.

Old Posted 02-24-2020, 01:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
mom's being an abusive piece of shit to me again.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 02-24-2020, 09:36 PM Reply With Quote