Jellosexual
Default   #1745  
GURL UR NOT GONNA USE THE MENTAL ILL ARE MASS SHOOTERS EXCUSE ON
ME
MOI
MYSELF
Old Posted 10-09-2019, 04:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Do I need to introduce someone to my knife collection?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-09-2019, 04:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #1747  
Also, a void shout: Weirded out by the fact that I have three main moods, which are basically CRT, ramble, and Emotional Wreck, and the fact that there’s pretty much no overlap across the three.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-09-2019, 05:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
It started civil like 'wow I enjoyed Joker' and I tried to be nice with 'well, as a mental ill person I don't like those movies like Joker and Split that paint all mentally ill people as violent' and the girl just... went off? Saying stuff like 'well it's a good explanation bc normal people don't just kill other people' and I had to do the inhale/exhale thing to not get banned in my next post
Old Posted 10-09-2019, 05:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #1749  
“NORMAL” PEOPLE, MY ARSE
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-09-2019, 05:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
:] I eat breakfast for dinner sometimes.
And stare at birds wherever I can catch sight of them.
And crush waterbottles when I'm through with them.
:/ I feel like that's normal..right?

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 10-09-2019, 06:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1751  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
:] I eat breakfast for dinner sometimes.
And stare at birds wherever I can catch sight of them.
And crush waterbottles when I'm through with them.
:/ I feel like that's normal..right?
All three are completely normal. The last one goes beyond normal to being good.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-09-2019, 06:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
:] Thought so.
How about getting super excited when an earthquake happens? 8}
Is that normal? Because I love when that happens.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 10-09-2019, 06:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1753  
The little ones are kinda fun. It's like a thrill ride -- dangerous enough to make you pay attention, but not dangerous enough that you actually have to be afraid.

I would worry if you thought that way about the big ones.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-09-2019, 06:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
8} I might like the big ones too. Even when the lights flicker and there's a deep earthy rumble. >8} Like someone pissed off the earth's crust and it's jerking around wildly. It's neat!
:[ Not neat that people get hurt n' die tho. Especially in places that have no protection against earthquakes.

Old Posted 10-09-2019, 06:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #1755  
We’ll rant and we’ll roar
Like true British sailors
We’ll rant and we’ll roar
Along the salt seas
Until we strike soundings in the channel of old England
From Ushant to Scilly ‘tis thirty-five leagues
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-09-2019, 06:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
sdhkashjkashkjd she replied saying well adjusted people don't kill. What have I done to deserve reading that with my own thick glasses
Old Posted 10-09-2019, 06:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #1757  
okay but does she like

understand that well-adjusted and mentally ill are not opposites

i’d yeet her through a wall if that wouldn’t reinforce the mentally ill = violent concept in her mind
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-09-2019, 06:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
>U> Pshhh. I suppose, "well-adjusted" people don't drink, snort drugs or abuse animals and people either?
Mental illness is more like an affliction than a full-on psychopathic time bomb sort of a thing. >-> Sheesh.

Old Posted 10-09-2019, 06:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Default   #1759  
asjka I don't like to be that kind of person but I just looked through her post history and she's transphobic so
BYE
I ain't gonna waste my time with someone who says 'I'm bisexual, not attracted to modern invented genders like nonbinary'
Old Posted 10-09-2019, 07:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
>U> Pshhh. I suppose, "well-adjusted" people don't drink, snort drugs or abuse animals and people either?
"Well-adjusted" really just means that the person in question is able to interact sensibly and effectively within a society.

Plenty of well-adjusted people drink in moderation. Some even snort drugs, although not very many. They do not, however, abuse people or animals. Abusing people fails that test in all modern societies, almost by definition as "other people" is more or less what makes up a society.

People with mental illness may or may not be well-adjusted. (People who aren't well-adjusted, on the other hand, do have mental illness, but that's because of how "mental illness" is defined -- not being able to function in society is exactly how a determination of disability is made.) You can have depression and still get by in your day-to-day life, even if you come home and sleep for 12 hours afterward because interacting with people is exhausting.

So it's true that people who are well-adjusted don't go on mass shooting sprees, but that's a useless comparison to make, because it's true just purely by the definition of what "well-adjusted" means.

Old Posted 10-09-2019, 07:05 PM Reply With Quote