Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Gothic Princess
Default   #145  
Yes. I have gotten a few nice items via Spinami but the bad thing with me is.. I tend to create an avatar, do a few mods to it and leave it for months...

Mean.. if my neighbours would let me get away with two snakes in my hair and covered in tons of blood in real life.. also was holding a bloody knife.. lol.. that pose is one of the hard to find ones.. someone had it up for an auction then someone listed one for sale so I didn't need to hover around in hopes of winning it at auction.

~In Loving Memory:~
To my sister and best friend since Kindergarten - Jenni
To a beautiful soul - Jessica
My Father, Daniel.
To the wise ass on my first day of College - Conor
To the unique bro in law - Eugene
To the one I never got to really know - John

Last edited by Chloe; 08-26-2022 at 02:29 AM.
Old Posted 08-26-2022, 02:26 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I have a crap ton of items on Gaia xD

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 08-28-2022, 12:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #147  
same. i think there's definitely an issue with inflation in gaia's economy.
i don't think there's the same thing here bc we don't have a damn auction house. though it would be nice functionality tbh.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 08-28-2022, 03:03 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Yeah, since I've been a member on there since 2004 I've collected items over the years. ;w; Used to donate sometimes as well, I miss when they had monthly items but they stopped doing that a long time ago. :(

Old Posted 08-28-2022, 04:29 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #149  
Sorry to double post but I went on Voltra and of course they announce their new crate items(aka items purchased with premium currency) but they cannot give out the past event rewards that happened months ago. :/

Like geez just say you're money hungry lol

Old Posted 08-30-2022, 12:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
~ Oh, would be nice if they could update the wheel.

Eh I haven't been on Gaia for awhile but nothing wrong with new stuff to new people. Guess if push comes to shove they can sell it back to shops or something.

Oh yeah I don't blame you about that. I can draw but when it comes to coding and everything else, running the site and much more would be like throwing darts in the dark. Plus I don't need more on my plate. Especially right now.

Oh yeah same. Used to donate for monthly items too. They were fun getting a chance for A or B but now it seems like limited items and RIG boxes have taken over. Did they remove EIs too? I really liked that idea and enjoyed making avis with updated poses. ~
Last edited by Jester; 08-30-2022 at 12:11 PM.
Old Posted 08-30-2022, 12:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #151  
Oh. Glad to have come across this topic. Sad to hear Pantheon shut down. Anyone know of the reason for this? Sounds very sudden...

I should get back into this site now that life's kind of worked out for me. But who knows...
Old Posted 10-09-2022, 06:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Rice View Post
Oh. Glad to have come across this topic. Sad to hear Pantheon shut down. Anyone know of the reason for this? Sounds very sudden...

I should get back into this site now that life's kind of worked out for me. But who knows...
it was due to not being able to get enough money to keep the servers up. that's what i've been told, and i worked on some items for the site.

Old Posted 10-09-2022, 08:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Zombie Platypus
Thumbs up I value this thread   #153  
I find that I am in the same boat. It is nostalgic.
Old Posted 10-12-2022, 03:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbsworth View Post
same. i think there's definitely an issue with inflation in gaia's economy.
i don't think there's the same thing here bc we don't have a damn auction house. though it would be nice functionality tbh.
That, honestly, seems like a good recipe for causing inflation.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 10-15-2022, 06:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #155  
wait a second, the forums also can act as an auction house. theoretically, anyways.
i am not smart.

Old Posted 10-15-2022, 07:37 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Yeah, plus there's a section in the forums for selling/buying items. xD But we don't have an actual marketplace/auction feature unlike Gaia so idk.

Old Posted 10-15-2022, 10:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #157  
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBeary View Post
Yeah, plus there's a section in the forums for selling/buying items. xD But we don't have an actual marketplace/auction feature unlike Gaia so idk.
Once upon a time, when the site was active enough to warrant it, we were brainstorming over how to implement a marketplace feature that wouldn't just turn into Gaia's auction house -- we wanted to keep all of the activity in the forums where people could negotiate trades and such.

The broad strokes of the idea was that you could place items from your inventory into your marketplace thread, and then the marketplace feature would let you search for those threads as if it were a shop. If you were selling an item, it would automatically disappear out of the shop once the item left your inventory, so you wouldn't have to deal with extra work removing items you don't have anymore.

We were also thinking about a similar system in the other direction, where you could mark which items you were looking to acquire so sellers could search for buyers.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-17-2022, 03:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Once upon a time, when the site was active enough to warrant it, we were brainstorming over how to implement a marketplace feature that wouldn't just turn into Gaia's auction house -- we wanted to keep all of the activity in the forums where people could negotiate trades and such.

The broad strokes of the idea was that you could place items from your inventory into your marketplace thread, and then the marketplace feature would let you search for those threads as if it were a shop. If you were selling an item, it would automatically disappear out of the shop once the item left your inventory, so you wouldn't have to deal with extra work removing items you don't have anymore.

We were also thinking about a similar system in the other direction, where you could mark which items you were looking to acquire so sellers could search for buyers.
that sounds interesting. never seen that be done before -- how far did you get on that?

Old Posted 10-17-2022, 04:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #159  
We didn't start on the implementation. It was only ever in the planning stages.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-17-2022, 04:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
ahh, makes sense.

Old Posted 10-17-2022, 05:00 PM Reply With Quote