Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #1969  
Been a while since I've been to a medieval / renaissance faire. I used to be pretty involved, but after the COVID shutdown I got out of the habit.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-25-2022, 07:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Got another Ludum Dare game across the line!... at the last minute >.>

I thought it ended at 6... It ended at 5! ^^() Fortunately I noticed just in time to go make a submission.

https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/51/starshock

I'm pretty happy with it. It isn't exactly done; there are a couple features I didn't have time to implement -- mostly, difficulty scaling as the game progresses, but I also wanted to implement a couple of powerups (different weapons, a defensive phase trick) and at least one more type of enemy. But the core of the game is here, and I'm really happy with the visual effects!

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-03-2022, 08:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1971  
Starting work on a magical dragon plushie that will have color changing accents! It's gonna be sick!

Still struggling with finding a good balance between hobbies and adulting, but I'll always have a tough time with that. It feels great when I have the motivation to make stuff though.
Old Posted 10-04-2022, 02:09 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Been a while since I've been to a medieval / renaissance faire. I used to be pretty involved, but after the COVID shutdown I got out of the habit.
I've always wanted to go to a ren faire but haven't yet ;w;

Disregard that I already mentioned that, whoops XD

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 10-05-2022, 05:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Zombie Platypus
Smile After ...   #1973  
...so long I decided to make my wonderful and awesome partner a hot drink, bottle of water and milkshake today all at the same time and gave it to him. I love his bootucks so much!
Old Posted 10-14-2022, 06:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Just discovered that I forgot to transfer my last 2 paychecks from my one job to my bank account (I was initially getting it on a paycard so it goes to that account and I then just transfer it to my bank now), so my budget isn't as tight as I though it would be for the next 2 weeks and I can afford to pick up a couple things today!
Old Posted 10-31-2022, 10:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1975  
This thread hasn't seen love in a long time. Let's fix that.

I threw a birthday party for my son yesterday -- his 16th birthday. It went very well!

The week leading up to it was a roller coaster. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, I was feeling more awake than I have in a long time. I was able to work on preparations without a problem. And my wife was doing well, too; she spent more time doing creative stuff this week than she had in a long time, making invitations and party favors. But Thursday and Friday, our energy tanked. We were cranky and irritable and didn't get as much done as we wanted. But Friday night, both my parents and her parents showed up and helped us get everything done. Our house hasn't looked better since we moved into it!

My son wanted a Legend of Zelda theme for the party. Something about using Inkscape clicked for me so I was able to trace out some vector graphics to send to my paper cutter, so we reproduced the Purah Pad by layering different colors of paper cutouts and used heat-reactive foil on translucent vellum to put the invitation details on the screen. We got some decorations from Amazon. And then we made some party favors -- glowing fairies in jars, stone-textured goddess statues, and bomb mini-pinatas so each kid could have one of their own to throw down and explode with candy and confetti.

Three of his friends from school showed up, one with a little sister in tow, and three more kids that are very close family friends came from out of town. We gave the kids free rein over the basement where we had set out all of our video games, and the adults sat around upstairs to socialize. Everyone had a great time.

This was a huge success, and a big positive right when I think we really needed one the most.

Old Posted 05-14-2023, 03:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
happy birthday to your son, Coda!

i have an awesome - my younger daughter graduated college (University of Pittsburgh) on April 30th with high honors and majors in theatre and psychology, a minor in history, and a certificate in Russian, Eastern European & Eurasian Studies!

we had a lunch today for her, and there were also some mothers day gifts and cards exchanged, as well as a few birthday gifts for younger daughter as she'll be at her summer job on her birthday (22nd! o_O). she'll be working at a theatre in main, doing assistant stage manager work.

also not sure if i mentioned back in October 2022 while it was in progress - we moved across the state to the Pittsburgh area (about 45 minutes north of Pgh) - but not because younger daughter was at Pitt. the county we moved from got to be quite expensive to live in. it's less out here, but then we ended up owning the IRS a bit and two cats needed some surgical things. yeesh.

but we've been out here for almost 7 months, so yay! :D

currently reading: Wind by Erin Hunter (#23) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 05-15-2023, 12:19 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #1977  
Happy Birthday to your son, Coda! :D

My awesome today is the bug infestation we've been having for the past couple of days seems to be getting better. ;w;

Old Posted 05-15-2023, 12:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Another awesome: I blew the dust off of the music editor that I've been working on on-and-off for like 15 years, and made some meaningful progress on it. Objectively it's not a whole lot of difference to what I had after my last burst of activity, but it's a really satisfying piece of functionality that suddenly makes the whole thing feel like it might actually end up being nice to use.

Old Posted 05-16-2023, 06:53 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #1979  
Peppermint bug repel works wonders, the flies are gone(for now) and this is the first day(since they showed up) where the bathroom has been pretty much free of them!

(More context - a possum died under the bathroom and thus the smell attracted the flies to show up in the bathroom :( )

Old Posted 05-17-2023, 10:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Am getting a tattoo with a friend tomorrow! (Not "friend tattoos" though. Separate designs.) We both just wanted to get one so they're making mine an early birthday present and then we're going to watch a hurling match after.

Also...my latest dragon pendants have arrived so now I almost have one for every day of the week. xD
Old Posted 05-20-2023, 03:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #1981  
today i discovered this website. is this considered awesome? probably not to most people, but i feel pretty stoked about it :D i'm not sure if i'll fit in with this community entirely since it's pretty tight-knit and most likely beyond my age demographic, but oh well. cheers to anyone having an awesome day out there.
she/her
take me with a grain of salt <3
Old Posted 06-07-2023, 07:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
hey there salt!
we're a pretty diverse group here, and I'm glad you found tris.
(and no, they don't pay me to say that, i said it on my own XD )

currently reading: Wind by Erin Hunter (#23) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 06-07-2023, 07:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #1983  
i opened my bank account today, got $200. soon i'll get my first ever credit card in the mail. i'm not sure what i'm going to do with $200 yet, but i never got an allowance before so having more than $30 is pretty cool i guess
she/her
take me with a grain of salt <3
Old Posted 06-13-2023, 02:37 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
"Adventure day!" Derpy wiggles in excited anticipation.
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 06-18-2023, 02:04 PM Reply With Quote