Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Double Rainbow
Post Wanting a pen pal   #1  
I'm not asking anyone here to be a penpal, since I don't wanna get in trouble, but... I want a pen pal. My old pen pal had some stuff going on and then the Thing happened. I don't know if I can mention it here. Anyways, I have searched the web for pen pals, but the organizations had some rules that would've made it hard for me to be a pen pal, since I'm not always happy and I do need advice some times, or sometimes tragic stuff happens. It's understandable to not want to upset the old people.

The second issues I've had is that... well, I have to join a website in order to get a pen pal, and I'm not looking to sign up to new sites... especially if they look shady. I also don't want to write to minors. No offense to them, I just don't want to write to them. I want someone around my age. Five years apart is the max I'm wanting since this isn't for business. This doesn't really lead up to the third issue I have, but I'm just gonna get to it.

I don't want to write to anyone who is in prison. Yeah, they deserve a chance, and I usually say that, but since I don't live by myself, I don't want to run the risk of putting them in immediate danger or suspected of illegal stuff if the prisoner I'm writing to decides to get me busted for not wanting to go along with their scheme, nor do I want to run the risk of those I live with to lose custody of their adopted boy.

I did find someone on reddit (I already have an account there), but one got banned, and the other doesn't wanna swap addresses (I asked for it, and they just told me their country. What's the point of posting an ad saying " pen pal and send a message to swap address" if no one reads it ) I'm getting antsy not having a pen pal to write to!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 06-07-2022, 11:10 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Have you considered an online or email penpal? Or have you decided that it must be snail mail?

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 06-10-2022, 05:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #3  
Our friend Boris here loves him some nice real pens. There's a certain je ne sais quoi about actual letter-writing that email doesn't really imitate.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 06-10-2022, 06:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I used to have penpals...because WAY back on Menewsha I started a snail mail group (which probably broke at least one rule there tbh). Most people only wrote maybe one or two letters, but a few lasted for at least a year (and one even lasted off and on for I think 5 or more) it was fun and I kind of miss it.

I did, admittedly, in my younger, more foolish years attempt to write to inmates. I doubt they'd try to scam you into doing anything illegal, but they all seem to have the same "I'm innocent" and "I have big plans for when I get out" and "send me a pic?" type topics of conversation. I suspect they're looking for hot, gullible females to be their girlfriends for the most part.
Old Posted 06-10-2022, 08:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
Default   #5  
I wouldn't mind another one. My friend in Germany stop writing to me, I think I was too slow at the time with her bc of covid and I work in a pharmacy.
Old Posted 06-11-2022, 10:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by daikokunyo View Post
Have you considered an online or email penpal? Or have you decided that it must be snail mail?
It has to be snail-mail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Our friend Boris here loves him some nice real pens. There's a certain je ne sais quoi about actual letter-writing that email doesn't really imitate.
Coda, you remembered. Kind of surprised, to be honest! You're right about receiving an actual hand-written letter that gives of that feeling getting a message or e-mail doesn't give. It's like a short burst, but actual letters written by hand feels so much more... I don't know the feeling, but it's something I enjoy feeling. Also, snail-mail also gives me an excuse to use me fountain pens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
I used to have penpals...because WAY back on Menewsha I started a snail mail group (which probably broke at least one rule there tbh). Most people only wrote maybe one or two letters, but a few lasted for at least a year (and one even lasted off and on for I think 5 or more) it was fun and I kind of miss it.

I did, admittedly, in my younger, more foolish years attempt to write to inmates. I doubt they'd try to scam you into doing anything illegal, but they all seem to have the same "I'm innocent" and "I have big plans for when I get out" and "send me a pic?" type topics of conversation. I suspect they're looking for hot, gullible females to be their girlfriends for the most part.
That's awesome how you started a group, though it's a bummer your pen pals stopped writing. I haven't had a pen pal that wrote back and forth for five years, so that's super awesome!

As for the inmates, It's great you're okay and haven't been... well, ya know... because that would be terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayua View Post
I wouldn't mind another one. My friend in Germany stop writing to me, I think I was too slow at the time with her bc of covid and I work in a pharmacy.
Ouch! Well, I hope she's alright. It'd be neat to have a new pen pal.
Quote:
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Last edited by Boris; 06-11-2022 at 05:26 PM.
Old Posted 06-11-2022, 05:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
Default   #7  
Borris, I wouldn't mind being your pen pal. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with those stamps I bought especially for Germany. I think she's alright she is still on the pen pal site I joined up a while back.
Old Posted 06-12-2022, 11:50 AM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Derpy waddles over and gently tugs at Boris' ankle. " I can be a penpal?" he whispers loudly.
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 06-13-2022, 10:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default Pen Pal Dragon!   #9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy McBlueEyes View Post
Derpy waddles over and gently tugs at Boris' ankle. " I can be a penpal?" he whispers loudly.
Boris looks down at the little dragon with a smile. "You can be a pen pal."
Quote:
Old Posted 06-13-2022, 08:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Haha...yeah. Thankfully nothing bad happened with the inmate mail. I really only wrote a few times, then quit because it was super awkward.

Hmmm...now the Derpy lore deepens...is he really a 6 year old dragon or will Kaderin be the one writing the letters...
Lol
I could also be a new penpal if you'd like. I'm not always the greatest at advice, but it will give me a reason to buy fun, seasonal stamps... >.>
Old Posted 06-14-2022, 07:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #11  
Derpy could be a six year old dragon and dictates to you what he wants the letter to say. :D

Anyways, I can see that as awkward. I'm not sure what the inmates can talk about unless you're telling them current events, though I think they get a newspaper. I don't know... it'd be less awkward if you had a loved one in prison and you were writing to them, but other than that... I don't know.

Well, sure, I'll accept a new penpal!
Quote:
Old Posted 06-14-2022, 07:57 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
letters, pen pal, snail mail, writing