Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default I take it May is behind because your making them super special?   #1  
I'm mean it's the only obvious reason I can think of.

Old Posted 05-08-2015, 07:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
They seem to get later and later by each month. It's quite disappointing to be honest. I check by here every so often but the lack of commitment to the site makes me a bit distant every month and that sucks cause there's a lot of potential here.
My DeviantART
I get distracted easily, Private Message me for faster responses.
Old Posted 05-08-2015, 07:54 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #3  
We need more pixelists, money, and time.

The same schnitzel.

Old Posted 05-08-2015, 08:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
I've been pretty inactive these last few months. I got a new job last month and just got into a place. I've been busy lately but hopefully I can keep popping in to see what's new. I hope everyone has been doing good for themselves. My inbox is always open :) I hope May's monthlies get released soon. If I had a computer I would host more join.me sessions to introduce newcomers. It seems to be the only effective way for me to refer people.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 05-09-2015, 07:40 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #5  
I've been busy moving, getting my drivers license, college, and side projects. Then you have account my video game addiction but I've been holding off on a lot of my games because I have things to do.

I keep posting when I can, I try to stir discussion. It's had when people lurk and all it takes for a conversation is another person wanting to jump in.

Old Posted 05-09-2015, 11:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
I've been busy moving, getting my drivers license, college, and side projects. Then you have account my video game addiction but I've been holding off on a lot of my games because I have things to do.

I keep posting when I can, I try to stir discussion. It's had when people lurk and all it takes for a conversation is another person wanting to jump in.
It's funny you mention your schedule because I had to mention mine cause my aunt called me an ungodly lazy 30 year old mooching off her mother.

I explained that I work 40+ hours a week at a factory. I come home and manage my own avatar website. I write scripts for others to earn a few extra bucks on the side. I do laundry every other day or everyday if laundry is very backed up. I play a text-based game. I take care of a 5 year old. I take care of my tomato plants. Then there's watching and taking care of my mother and even doing errands for her. I also take her out every Friday to go eat if I have the funds.

But apparently getting all that done in a day makes me lazy, lol.
My DeviantART
Old Posted 05-09-2015, 03:34 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #7  
Sounds like my grandfather lol. He just moved in with us and I was just cutting the grass today (we have a ton of grass and a push lawn mower) I just finished cutting half the grass and decided to call it a day and he begins yelling at me because I didn't cut the back.

And he has yet lift a single finger in any of the house chores, but likes to complain about my no good older sister because she does too.

.... So your yelling at me because I did work, as opposed to everyone at the house who did none? Not to mention I just cleaned the shower, vacuum the upstair rooms, switched out the shower faucet with a new fancier one, and doing all the work for the entire families "Mother's Day" present.

._. I should be lenient because he is old but seriously... *grumble*

Last edited by Illusion; 05-09-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old Posted 05-09-2015, 04:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
My aunt lives in another state when she called me lazy, lol.
My DeviantART
Old Posted 05-09-2015, 04:23 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #9  
Maybe Trisphee is secretly a old man/woman and it is upset over something silly and that's why we don't have the May DI's yet!?

Old Posted 05-09-2015, 07:58 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Unfortunately, I'm as in the dark about the current situation as the rest of you. My assumption at the moment is that we'll be missing May and the scheduled RIG both.

I've been sure to save time to work on them if I ever get the items, but I've otherwise been busy these last couple weeks and haven't checked in more than once a day around here. Tomorrow my dog should be getting off of the antibiotics for her nasty butt abscess, and the day after I'll be getting my new glasses! I would say my first pair of glasses, but apparently I had them when I was three, so.

Old Posted 05-09-2015, 10:03 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #11  
So we should blame your dogs butt access...?

I'm still fine with the idea of skipping a month as long as the coming months are more prepared.

Skipped a month or two and have the items all made from the last two months as backup.

Old Posted 05-10-2015, 10:44 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
No. Don't blame my dog's butt. I'm not spewing excuses and saying I'm too busy to work on Tris, because if I had the items, I would make the time.

I've hoped for us to get ahead of the game for years now. I don't think that's what'll be happening here, though. I have no idea what's going on with Fen, I saw some wips but she got hurt at work or something. I don't have anymore details than that. Him has also gone mia, and Taiki told us ahead of time that she would not be available for this time of year.

Frankly, I'm pissed about our items situation, Illu. And I have been for a long time now. All of my efforts to get us more help fall through, and it's always the same damn thing. Life just gets too busy. And even if we had the items, we have no one to support the events and site fixes that we need. I honestly don't know what to do for this site anymore. It's a ghost town, staff included, and everything I tried to help make sure gets done around here doesn't get completed like it should, no matter how simple.

I'm at about my wit's end with this site. I really, really, honestly want it to bounce back and regain the strong identity I've heard about from users like you though the years. If I had the ability to make that happen all on my own, I would do it in a heartbeat. We have Coda floating around, of course, but otherwise? An owner that forgets about us (god bless him for paying the bills, though) and a former owner whose life is too chaotic to be dependable.

So... I don't know what to tell you. Any of you. If it would help, I can focus on one of the item sets I have instead of being so scattered so I can release some more commons or something, but that's a small bandage on a very large wound. I have nothing else. I need help. A lot of it. As much as I adore this site and its users, love is not what makes a business thrive.

Old Posted 05-10-2015, 11:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #13  
That's very well said, Gallagher.
I'm tired of seeing sites not get the attention they require from the owners. Is part of the reason why I'm dedicated to mine. We may not have our avatar system set up yet but I work on it everyday, even on my breaks at work.

This place has a lot of potential and if the owners are too busy in life to take care of it, they should consider selling it to someone who would before this place becomes a dead-site.
My DeviantART
Old Posted 05-10-2015, 11:54 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Toho is a great person, and definitely the one I would want running the site the most. The issue is that he isn't really running it yet. He has plans with Coda for improvements, but nothing is moving forward.

But (again) being frank, I am more comfortable having an owner that I know will keep the bills paid, even if we're crumbling apart. We at least have a chance that way. Most site owners see the direction the site is going and call it quits once profit stops.

I can't thank Toho enough for keeping us afloat like this, even if I have no idea what to do.

Old Posted 05-10-2015, 12:10 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
No. Don't blame my dog's butt. I'm not spewing excuses and saying I'm too busy to work on Tris, because if I had the items, I would make the time.

I've hoped for us to get ahead of the game for years now. I don't think that's what'll be happening here, though. I have no idea what's going on with Fen, I saw some wips but she got hurt at work or something. I don't have anymore details than that. Him has also gone mia, and Taiki told us ahead of time that she would not be available for this time of year.

Frankly, I'm pissed about our items situation, Illu. And I have been for a long time now. All of my efforts to get us more help fall through, and it's always the same damn thing. Life just gets too busy. And even if we had the items, we have no one to support the events and site fixes that we need. I honestly don't know what to do for this site anymore. It's a ghost town, staff included, and everything I tried to help make sure gets done around here doesn't get completed like it should, no matter how simple.

I'm at about my wit's end with this site. I really, really, honestly want it to bounce back and regain the strong identity I've heard about from users like you though the years. If I had the ability to make that happen all on my own, I would do it in a heartbeat. We have Coda floating around, of course, but otherwise? An owner that forgets about us (god bless him for paying the bills, though) and a former owner whose life is too chaotic to be dependable.

So... I don't know what to tell you. Any of you. If it would help, I can focus on one of the item sets I have instead of being so scattered so I can release some more commons or something, but that's a small bandage on a very large wound. I have nothing else. I need help. A lot of it. As much as I adore this site and its users, love is not what makes a business thrive.
I wasn't trying to raise the idea that your dog's butt was an excuse.. I was just randomly blaming something even though I know it's not the cause just to be funny. (Like I tend to joke and blame you for today's weather for making it mildly pleasant. How dare you.)

I'm not sure what to say, I was just hoping to know what was the status for the month. And just saying if it's too hard to keep up with the site currently, take a break and come back prepared for a better start. :/

I've understand the problems for years now, you don't need to remind me. But I like to joke on the situation just to keep things moving and people talking. I could just say nothing and leave, but then we wouldn't be discussing or having something to talk about now would we?

It sucks to talk about the bad side of things, but at least it keeps things moving and something could be created out of it, rather then not discussing and producing nothing.
*I hope you understand that almost everything I said in this thread apart from my home life has been a wacky joke.*

Old Posted 05-10-2015, 01:45 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Lmao, nah Illu, I get it. Most of that was a general reply to this thread, not commenting on buttholes.

And if you think today is pleasant, you're a disgusting beast because I am sweating my butthole off as we speak.

Old Posted 05-10-2015, 02:28 PM Reply With Quote