Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

One Fish
Default   #321  
Pretty much. I mean how do you expect to run a site when your own users can't even afford it?
Old Posted 12-30-2014, 04:54 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
I had asked a friend about it years ago, two friends actually, and both vehemently told me not to join. x'D The one friend kept getting PMs from people for her one set of items she liked to wear to show off, Inari's Beads I think it was called?

Old Posted 12-30-2014, 05:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #323  
Oh, Inari's Beads is/was a very popular item, from what I've seen.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-30-2014, 05:36 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
lol, no one expected them to evolve or whatever from what my friend had told me. :3

Old Posted 12-30-2014, 06:35 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #325  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ml1201 View Post
I had asked a friend about it years ago, two friends actually, and both vehemently told me not to join. x'D The one friend kept getting PMs from people for her one set of items she liked to wear to show off, Inari's Beads I think it was called?
Oh the evolving item made by Gem2Niki, she was my favorite pixelist on the site. I just wished more items matched Inari's Beads color scheme.

Old Posted 12-30-2014, 06:48 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
They were a pretty set. XD And when she was going around as a dragon there was one annoying guy trying to 'slay' her calling her evil and everything. It was obnoxious though because it got to the point that even other people were getting annoyed and he wouldn't stop. ^^; I think he was being either a troll or totally serious about dragons being evil. ^^;

Old Posted 12-30-2014, 06:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
Default   #327  
I've noticed this too, actually... the first website I really got into was gaia online (which I think is eternal lol) But I also got into subeta for the avatars and then unifaction... I liked the art of this site so I came here.

I think it has to do a lot with the economy of the internet and the determination/gumption of the owners of a site. If the site owners have a hard season and forget to save for taxes, they panic and close the site down because they're losing money temporarily (this happened on magistream once- they said they couldn't pay their taxes lol)

But as long as the owner is responsible, treats it like a business yet is active in the community (Yeah I'm looking at you, Tristan from subeta) then the site will last.
Old Posted 12-30-2014, 08:41 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Remember how I mentioned that there's a really good artist that helped out on a site for a time with pixel art? Well, she's working on brushing up on her skills since she's still having issues finding a job with her doctorates degree, so she's going to try and see if she can make art in a similar style as this site as practice. And if she likes how she does it she might offer her help with the site art. :3 You can probably also get her to do some other stuff to art-wise if you talk to her if she does decide to come her. She's one of my best buddies on another site and is a real sweet heart! ♥ I admire her a lot and she's really smart too!~ (wish I could be that smart ^^; ) On the other site she's on she used to collect creatures to donate to a charity thread a friend ran, the minimum being I think 30k of the site currency, and I was trying to build up 70k worth because she would do a free little pixel art thing for you. Sadly before I got up there the charity closed down and wasn't able to get the pixel art for that. I still gave the creatures away either way, but I had been wanting art from her for a while, and before she went on hiatus she did pixel art for me as a gift!~ Here's the gifted one, its a friend's OC that she made. XD

But she doesn't like her art right now since she hasn't done it for a while so she's working on getting better. She doesn't normally do anime style either, which is the other reason why she's practicing. XD I really hope she can help out here because it would be awesome for her to do so!~♥♥♥

Old Posted 12-30-2014, 09:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #329  
I hope Kaeska won't be that way. T-T

Hate to hear about you guys' experience on other sites with ban-happy staff. And I agree about GaiaOnline.. They've become so money hungry that they've forgotten to treat their nonprofitable users with respect. Because honestly if it isn't for users who don't donate, they wouldn't have users who do donate. Likewise for any avatar site.
My DeviantART
I get distracted easily, Private Message me for faster responses.
Old Posted 12-30-2014, 10:30 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Because of those sites we've ended up here though. XD

Old Posted 12-30-2014, 10:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #331  
My first monthly on Gaia was Plasma Gear. Costed 16k when it came out in '07. No idea how ridiculously inflated it is now.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 12-30-2014, 10:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
My first monthly on Gaia was Plasma Gear. Costed 16k when it came out in '07. No idea how ridiculously inflated it is now.
It's unreal. Most of the new members can't even get good items cause they can't make enough money to get good items. And it's so hard to get artwork there either cause people want crazy amounts of gold.
My DeviantART
Old Posted 12-30-2014, 10:54 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #333  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
It's unreal. Most of the new members can't even get good items cause they can't make enough money to get good items. And it's so hard to get artwork there either cause people want crazy amounts of gold.
Make bad art and extort people for an insane amount of gold. Problem solved!

Old Posted 12-30-2014, 10:58 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
I heard my name... A few pages ago.

Illu, you've improved a lot since those aborted classes.

I can't do too much with y'all until some of my psycho craziness dies down (I still don't know how I'll ever get yearlies done, especially with the files that Fen is -hopefully- sending me tonight), but I've been working with Aikko today, and Eros a couple weeks ago. I haven't been as active as I should be in yoinking us a pixelist because of my irl drama, unfortunately, but if we can get peeps around here up to snuff for it, all the better.

Old Posted 12-30-2014, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #335  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Make bad art and extort people for an insane amount of gold. Problem solved!
Ain't that the truth! But nobody wants my bad art. T-T

My DA
My DeviantART
Old Posted 12-30-2014, 11:18 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Guys... Guys guys guys check out my hair~ Me and Gallagher made it!
Please click the egg(s) below!

Old Posted 12-30-2014, 11:33 PM Reply With Quote