Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Double Rainbow
Unhappy My earphones broke! D:   #1  
I want a new pair, but I decided I want headphones instead because of outside noise cancellation. Sure, they may be uncomfortable, but if it keeps outside noise to a minimal, getting used to the headphones should be worth it. The ones I had in mind were Grado Sr 60e; however, one review irks me.

It said that people around the headphone users can hear the music playing. I do not like others listening to my music since I like to hit repeat when I am listening to my ipod (which is also breaking)! I did see another pair of headphones, but I am unsure if they are better. They are Grado Sr125e. I do not know if all headphones do the same thing or not, to be honest. Is that an issue with all headphones?

My earphones are broken. First, it was the right one, which was okay, because I could still listen to music and hear sounds from my left side, but now that one is going too! If I get the Grado Sr60e, I will need $100 (3-year warranty included. I can remove that if I want). That's all I would need because my selection is eligible for free shipping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 08-12-2018, 09:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
It really depends on the headphones and how loud you listen to your music. Other than that, I don't know much about that sort of thing. I got my last pair of headphones for $10 at a drug store, and they're starting to fall apart in places, but they still amplify stuff pretty well, considering I've had 'em for 5 years now. I'll be looking for another pair soon, but not earbuds. I can't stand those because they don't fit comfortably in my ears.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 08-12-2018, 11:47 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #3  
Hard to say. I've encountered people on the bus with giant headsets that I could hear the music coming from pretty clearly, and others that didn't make any outside noise at all. Could be personal volume. Try seeing if you can get somewhere where you can test headphones, playing music and listening to them off your head to see what you can hear.
Old Posted 08-13-2018, 12:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
It really depends on the headphones and how loud you listen to your music. Other than that, I don't know much about that sort of thing. I got my last pair of headphones for $10 at a drug store, and they're starting to fall apart in places, but they still amplify stuff pretty well, considering I've had 'em for 5 years now. I'll be looking for another pair soon, but not earbuds. I can't stand those because they don't fit comfortably in my ears.
Grado Sr-60 is the pair I am looking at, and they are supposed to last a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
Hard to say. I've encountered people on the bus with giant headsets that I could hear the music coming from pretty clearly, and others that didn't make any outside noise at all. Could be personal volume. Try seeing if you can get somewhere where you can test headphones, playing music and listening to them off your head to see what you can hear.
Since I am not in New York, I can not test out the headphones I want. By outside noise, I mean the user can't hear a lout of outside noise, like someone talking on their phone, or someone calling them from across the room.
Quote:
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 08-14-2018, 07:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #5  
I've had two pairs start messing up.

I just want a cheapish good pair. I don't like over the ear, I have my ears pierced and it tends to hurt.

So idek.
Old Posted 08-21-2018, 07:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
i know you mentioned you dont like earbuds, but have you tried the kind that have the ...... gummy stuff? squishy tips? not sure what those are called.

i dont know if im the right person to be giving advice like this, but the ATH M50X model by technicia is ~$100 iirc and theyre literally the best headphones i've ever had. had them for over a year and they've changed my life.
Old Posted 08-21-2018, 07:50 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #7  
I have both headphones and earbuds. I use my headphones when I'm at home and my earbuds when I'm out and about. xD

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 08-21-2018, 09:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Haunted AND the thing that haunts you!
I haven't been a headphones person since high school, perhaps my early 20's when the only mobile music I or anyone really had was a portable CD player which only came out for road trips. I had a boombox for at home listening.
I did have a pair of wireless headphone a couple of years ago but they were a Christmas gift and the charger crapped after six months. Again, those never went out in public.
Ergo I have no experience with their soundproof nature in public.

Earbuds became preferable to me because headphones would make my ears sore after a short time.
Specifically hanger earbuds otherwise they won't stay securely in my ear.
At the moment I have BT250 Bluetooth earbuds that have internal sports hooks rather than hangers but as long as I don't move around too much in them that's adequate. I've not seen wireless earbuds in hanger style yet.

I'm a tad self-conscious about the sound of my music traveling out of the buds as well that's why I keep my volume as low as I can without impairing my own hearing.
~ Red Rum She Said
Last edited by RedRum; 08-24-2018 at 04:03 PM.
Old Posted 08-24-2018, 03:58 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
broken, earphones, headphones