Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Double Rainbow
Talking When you miscount your monies   #1  
Today, I went to body shop to get me a couple of new arms, and I saw I needed to purchase new hands too... well, I saw how much Aurum I had. I thought to myself "Man, I need 500 more aurum! Oh, wait, I have 580. Oh, I only need 20 aurum!" I was so excited learning I only needed 20 aurum, but then I realized I would only have 600 aurum, not 1,000.

There was another time I was at Wal mart, and I had somehow miscounted my change I owed... at least the woman behind me was nice.

My sister and I were playing a video game, and we were collecting coins. I cannot recall why we were trying to get the coins to purchase something in game, but yeah. You know how the time changes from 1:59 to 2:00? Well, my sister forgot how counting worked and thought she had acquired the money until she realized that she got 560 coins XD

I do recall another Trisphee miscounting. I can't remember whom I was talking to.. it was either Gallagher or Glitch... one of the two... but it was about a trade I was going to do... I can't remember what it was about and am too lazy to go and check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 02-15-2018, 01:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Mate, there was one Friday where I’d had a really shit week involving lack of food and sleep, and was so ready to plonk my arse down in the dining hall and stuff my face.

Walked in, put my backpack down in a chair, and realized I’d left my wallet at home. I had a grand total of $4 in cash :|

So I ended up buying a frozen burrito.

There’s more to this story but I’m currently horizontal and on my phone.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-15-2018, 04:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #3  
Oh dear! Well, you're still with us, and that's important... did you get enough food later on,though? Starving is no fun.
Quote:
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 02-15-2018, 05:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I’m constantly hungry, so.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-15-2018, 05:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #5  
That sucks!
Quote:
Old Posted 02-15-2018, 05:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Cons of having a fast metabolism.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-15-2018, 05:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #7  
Are there any pros? Does that mean you can eat whatever you want, as much as you want, and not get obese?
Quote:
Old Posted 02-15-2018, 06:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I do have the genes from my dad’s side, for a tendency to gain weight in the lower body, so, no. But I do get to eat a lot for my size.

But the fast metabolism + ADHD problem is, sure, I can be utterly stuffed at 2pm abd once again be starving at 5, but I can also forget to eat for 26 hours, and that wreaks havoc on my mental and physical states.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-15-2018, 06:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #9  
That's horrible!
Quote:
Old Posted 02-15-2018, 06:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I remember being in that position...

Then I got older.

Cherish that metabolism, Espy. It won't last forever.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-15-2018, 07:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #11  
But Coda, we're getting older by the millisecond!
Quote:
Old Posted 02-15-2018, 07:24 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
We have to pay a dollar to eat in the dining room at work and I had to pay in change today because I forgot paper cash... and I swear I counted my change like four times and still somehow was a nickle short when I handed it over to the kitchen worker.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 02-15-2018, 10:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #13  
Wait, you actually have to PAY to eat there? As in, it's an employees lounge area for breaks and lunch and you have to PAY? I don't think that's legal here.
Quote:
Old Posted 02-15-2018, 10:46 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
It's not an employee area, it's actually for the residents of the facility, but if you pay a dollar you can get a plate.

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Old Posted 02-15-2018, 10:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #15  
I've only ever worked ONE place where the cafeteria food was free, and that was Google. My current job has free snacks but if you want a meal the building's cafeteria charges money. Couple jobs before that... you want snacks, there's a vending machine.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-15-2018, 11:14 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Ours was actually free up until a year ago when they hit us with budget cuts.

Old Posted 02-15-2018, 11:24 PM Reply With Quote