Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #49  
Another issue, hopefully I didn't miss it being brought up...

When you equip something from anything on a page coming after the first one, it will jump back to the first page.
Old Posted 07-05-2020, 09:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Oh, it does? Oops, yeah, I'll get that fixed tomorrow.
Old Posted 07-05-2020, 09:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #51  
A few small updates today:
  • Equipping items doesn't flip back to page 1
  • pressing left & right on the keyboard turns the page, if there's enough items
  • Adjusted position of the page control
  • Renamed "Games & RIGs" to "Games," because RIGs are actually in Special.
  • Some backend changes to make it easier for me to do updates
Old Posted 07-06-2020, 02:10 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
i greatly dislike this. the other day i made an avi with items i knew and ended up using the search bar to save on extra clicks but i cannot do that when creating a new one. i have to find the item,click on the item, click again(if i have more than one of the same type) add the item click the layer button, change the layer so the newest item is on top instead of the bottom then exit the layers then decide if i want the item then if i don't i have to click it again and remove it

i have spent more than fifteen minutes trying to put a pink sky on my avi and i am so fed up that i am not going to change my avi at all now and the avatars are literally the reason i joined this site and was my favorite part even now. there are so many extra steps that it just isn't worth it with my limited hand mobility and even more limited patience(i make a lot of mistakes).

i realize the polite thing to do is to compliment something i like, gently complain then end with a hopeful message about future success but really i am left with nothing but petulance and frustration in me... also apparently the only 'sky' item i own is starry sky?? guess noone has gotten that far sorting out the tags
Last edited by littl3chocobo; 07-07-2020 at 06:21 AM.
Old Posted 07-07-2020, 06:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #53  
Feel free to use the old editor until this one works the way you'd like it to.

The background going to the bottom instead of top is something that I was going to fix, but apparently forgot to write that down, so I'll change it.

I'm not really sure how to help with discovery of items, apart from tagging...which, of course, is an ongoing process. Also, I feel like even incomplete as it is, it's easier to find items in this editor than the old one? Am I missing something?

As for number of clicks, how would you like to see it? All the color variations you own at once? Stop stacking things?

The layer manager is my next focus of improving...it's actually not supposed to go over the avatar at all, so that you can see the avatar as you resort it, although in checking again I realize it drifts over top if the screen is small enough, and that's definitely not ideal.

The trick, of course, is sorting out how to make it reasonable to use on a phone screen, and that's something I haven't figured out, I admit.

As for politeness, I don't care about couching criticism. The point of this is to figure out what's wrong.
Old Posted 07-07-2020, 07:56 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
i don't know how to access the old editor, it switched to the new one on its own and i haven't seen a button to switch back

it is easier if you know what you are looking for and can suss it out by a pose and harder if you are just looking at what you own and trying to see the contents of a particular item, if i know i have an item with bricks i can look up 'brick' and get all items with bricks in them, if i know i have an item with some sort of background but i cannot remember what sort i either have to guess words until something comes up or i have to go looking through the sorted and unsorted items hoping i find it(for instance sand dune is not in backgrounds and so i would either need to look in events or come up with the idea of looking for sand(and not sands which brings up nothing) and if i know the item has a sandy beach but isn't sand dune i am boned because malihini(an item with a sandy beach) does not come up in a search or on the background tab and is only accessible through raity+donation. i do of course understand that this issue will be fixed with time but for now it is a bit discouraging

it might help to do what gaia does and let users choose whether to stack or not and to have it so that same-items stack into one but same-items of a different colour do not

as for the clicking i suppose you could have it so that when you click on a pose it doesn't close it unless you click outside of the pose option box's area or click the 'close' button. this way if someone misclicks or changes their mind they can fix the issue without having to reclick

i have no idea what to do about phone compatibility though. my phone is a decade old and uses a tiny physical keypad for all operations and only has the option to use a non-functioning version of internet explorer
Old Posted 07-07-2020, 05:19 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #55  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Blurry? Strange. I'll look into that.

• Favorites is a good idea. I'll look into it.
  • I'm not really clear on this suggestion. Hover on the avatar to be able to pick an item off of it, as if you clicked it from the list below?
  • A remove button on the top isn't.a bad idea. I'll see what I can do.
  • Those buttons are a bit small, you're right...
  • I like this idea. Escape can already be used to close popovers, so a few more keyboard shortcuts wouldn't be out of place.
I mean the worn item list on the left side of the page.

Old Posted 07-07-2020, 09:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I like how easy it is to sell accidental dupes now. :)
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 07-07-2020, 10:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #57  
Quote:
Originally Posted by littl3chocobo View Post
i don't know how to access the old editor, it switched to the new one on its own and i haven't seen a button to switch back

it is easier if you know what you are looking for and can suss it out by a pose and harder if you are just looking at what you own and trying to see the contents of a particular item, if i know i have an item with bricks i can look up 'brick' and get all items with bricks in them, if i know i have an item with some sort of background but i cannot remember what sort i either have to guess words until something comes up or i have to go looking through the sorted and unsorted items hoping i find it(for instance sand dune is not in backgrounds and so i would either need to look in events or come up with the idea of looking for sand(and not sands which brings up nothing) and if i know the item has a sandy beach but isn't sand dune i am boned because malihini(an item with a sandy beach) does not come up in a search or on the background tab and is only accessible through raity+donation. i do of course understand that this issue will be fixed with time but for now it is a bit discouraging

it might help to do what gaia does and let users choose whether to stack or not and to have it so that same-items stack into one but same-items of a different colour do not

as for the clicking i suppose you could have it so that when you click on a pose it doesn't close it unless you click outside of the pose option box's area or click the 'close' button. this way if someone misclicks or changes their mind they can fix the issue without having to reclick

i have no idea what to do about phone compatibility though. my phone is a decade old and uses a tiny physical keypad for all operations and only has the option to use a non-functioning version of internet explorer
There's a link in the first post of this thread. And here it is again for simplicity.

I am willing to add more config options to it. Unstacking is certainly doable in that regard, as well as close or not on the pose window. Personally, I prefer it goes away as soon as I pick something, but keeping it up is not unreasonable.

Also, Sand Dune and Malihini are in Backgrounds now. (As well as other places, for Malihini)
Old Posted 07-08-2020, 12:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
I mean the worn item list on the left side of the page.
Ah! Hmm...Possibly. I'll look into it.
Old Posted 07-08-2020, 12:11 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #59  
thankyou for the link, i will be sure to use it when i want to do new outfits

i do have one qol that would be nice; an undo button. something to let you undo the last item(or three) you added might be helpful
Old Posted 07-08-2020, 03:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Hm. Auto save seems to be working just fine; when I try to save the avatar though, it doesn't work unless I first leave the page and then return to the editor. Using Chrome.
Old Posted 07-08-2020, 09:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #61  
Hmm. Yeh, that's not good.

Just to make sure, this is what is happening for you?
  1. Click save, nothing happens
  2. Refresh
  3. Click save again, avatar saves
Old Posted 07-08-2020, 10:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
I didn't click refresh, I went to the home page to see if it was a delay in save being acknowledged, also when I got back to the avatar page, every change was still in place, but when I saved, the items I had equipped from the companion tabs didn't save and had to be re=added to the avatar. But that time, the save worked right away without leaving the page or having to refresh.
Old Posted 07-08-2020, 07:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #63  
Issue:

Revert changes causes inventory to jump back to first page.
Old Posted 07-08-2020, 08:54 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
I'm not able to drag the worn items in the order I want the layers to stack.

Old Posted 07-09-2020, 01:55 PM Reply With Quote