Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #2913  
Quote:
Originally Posted by trystan830 View Post
*more like regular talking into the void*

does trisphee have a discord server perchance?

(cause my two other sites i spend my time on do) ;)
Not a public one. We made the intentional decision not to spread the community outside the site because we want the activity to happen on the forums. Moving chat to Discord would tank our activity metrics.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-19-2020, 03:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Not a public one. We made the intentional decision not to spread the community outside the site because we want the activity to happen on the forums. Moving chat to Discord would tank our activity metrics.
ah, makes sense. i was just curious.

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-19-2020, 03:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #2915  
Lol. I feel like someone asks that every other month. XD
Old Posted 02-19-2020, 03:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
well this time it was me. heh.

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-19-2020, 03:23 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Default   #2917  
Derpy waves his paw in the air. "Ooh ooh! Can I ask next pwease?"
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 02-19-2020, 03:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
aww, Derpy, you're adorable. i smiled at your post, honestly! :D

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-19-2020, 03:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #2919  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
And that's exactly why I'm proud of you!
i mean, if you say so. it's just frustrating because i need to get things ready and i didn't want to deprive my friend the experience but *that specific purrson* is not a good moderator or server owner in the first place.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 02-19-2020, 06:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
i mean, if you say so. it's just frustrating because i need to get things ready and i didn't want to deprive my friend the experience but *that specific purrson* is not a good moderator or server owner in the first place.
Of course it's frustrating. If it was easy it wouldn't be as special. The fact that you're persisting and pushing through to do something good for someone else is noble.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-19-2020, 06:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #2921  
I ate some cold, weird, dairy-less, blueberry and apple oatmeal today for breakfast. :/ Supposedly full of protein and fiber, with no sugars and all natural ingredients. e_e; I think I still have to get used to the taste of healthier foods, because though I'm satisfied for now, (I was pretty hungry and could eat a whole Denny's breakfast!) O-O; I had to tell myself to keep eating it, because it looked like paper mache.

<x'} Sh*t, I should document all the healthy, vegan-friendly stuff I eat, because it's like eating alien food! It's not bad, but not always appetizing either. \B
I think that in a culture where food is literally engineered to smell and taste good, and made to be addicting for corporate profit, :/ I am literally very unfamiliar with the taste of ACTUAL food. I hadn't even started to eat different kinds of beans since a few years after high school! <X/

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-20-2020, 03:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ermagerd I just had the most delicious food for lunch (channa masala and daal makhani)! I need to learn more authentic curry recipes to make at home. Yum!
Old Posted 02-20-2020, 04:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #2923  
Oatmeal has never been satiating for me, mostly due to the high carbs. I personally stick to other things.

But give your tastebuds time to adjust. It can take a couple of weeks to adapt to flavors.
Old Posted 02-20-2020, 04:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
I ate some cold, weird, dairy-less, blueberry and apple oatmeal today for breakfast. :/ Supposedly full of protein and fiber, with no sugars and all natural ingredients. e_e; I think I still have to get used to the taste of healthier foods, because though I'm satisfied for now, (I was pretty hungry and could eat a whole Denny's breakfast!) O-O; I had to tell myself to keep eating it, because it looked like paper mache.
Where did you get that? Because the claim of "no sugars" is incompatible with the claim of "all-natural ingredients" -- the only way to remove the sugar from fruit is through chemical processing, at which point claiming that it's "all-natural" is dubious at best.

Old Posted 02-20-2020, 05:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #2925  
It was called Mush, or Mash or something? /:} Mush!
I found a pic. e_e; Kinda looks like tuna, but they're oats! o_o; I swear!

Oh. I'm lookin' at the Nutritional Facts. o_o
Nevermind, there are sugars. <x'} Also fats. :/ But eh, I think I need it actually.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-20-2020, 06:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
They probably meant "no sugar added" meaning they're relying on the fruit to provide the sweetness on its own instead of adding more. "No sugar added" is... good in theory, but you have to read the label to be sure it's actually meaningful, because sugar is... y'know... sweet. It's entirely possible that the ingredients they used to replace the flavor in the food could be worse for you than just putting in some honey or some cane sugar. Probably not the case here given that you said it was a little bland compared to the usual stuff, but it's not unusual for manufacturers to fix the flavor by adding in more salt or more fat or loading in enough fruit to bring the sugar content up anyway.

Can you tell that the "health" food market has made me exceptionally cynical? There's so much BS flying around in the name of being "good" for you that's really just uncertifiable marketing wank that lets them charge more money for it but that doesn't actually do anything for you. ("Natural" doesn't have a legally defined meaning so you're allowed to put it on anything! "Organic" methods aren't sustainable because they require more land and more labor to produce the same amount of food! All food crops have been genetically modified by humans whether they're lab-manufactured GMOs or not!)

Old Posted 02-20-2020, 09:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #2927  
I've been wanting to experiment with a moka pot, and we used to have the one that belonged to my grandfather, but I'm thinking my mother must have thrown it out.
Old Posted 02-20-2020, 09:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
percival is on his period.

percival also had to turn anonymous asks off on his rp blog because people were bitching.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 02-21-2020, 12:42 PM Reply With Quote