Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #33  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
I'm eternally peeved that most Ravenclaw merch has a raven from the movie crest instead of an eagle from books.
THANK YOU!
(And my other peeve is that they always do the blue and silver movies colors instead of blue and bronze from the book!)
Old Posted 12-24-2018, 10:59 PM  
A*DIC*TED
There are places on Etsy that will make book specific Ravenclaw merch, for the record.

At least Ravenclaw GETS merch... us Puffs are usually left out.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 12-24-2018, 11:06 PM  
Truthwatcher
Default   #35  
Yeah, but Etsy can also be a bit out of my price range for the items I would want....
XD
*makes you striped socks and a scarf in your house colors*
Old Posted 12-24-2018, 11:09 PM  
A*DIC*TED
<3 Now I'm a proper bumblebee

Yeah... Etsy is usually out of my price range for most things. I'm willing to pay artists and artisans for things when I can afford it, but most the time I can only gawk on and tell them how lovely they are.

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Old Posted 12-24-2018, 11:12 PM  
Truthwatcher
Default   #37  
Tbh, I pretty much only buy lip balms on Etsy. Although there are some super cute crocheted "dragon scale" fingerless gloves...from many sellers that I want to buy if I ever have the money for.

Oooh....now I need to check my jump rings. Because I can maybe make bracelets too, although I think my yellow and black jump rings are different sizes, which could be a minor issue.
Old Posted 12-24-2018, 11:16 PM  
Icy Footed
;u; I wish I had money to buy the lovely things on Etsy I've found.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 12-24-2018, 11:33 PM  
Truthwatcher
Default   #39  
My favorited items "wishlist" says SAME.
XD
Too many pretty things!
Old Posted 12-24-2018, 11:37 PM  
A*DIC*TED
I mean, depending on how different the sizes are you could do some cool chainmaille weaves.

Apparently those dragon scale gloves are "easy to make" according to a friend that crochets, but that's probably easy if you've been crocheting for a bazillion years, not for a beginner.

Old Posted 12-24-2018, 11:42 PM  
Truthwatcher
Default   #41  
I mean, I have examined them carefully and definitely they seem pretty easy. But I struggle with just basic single crochet washcloths right now, so there's no way I could make them.
And while there is a similar "crocodile stitch" for loom knitting, it doesn't have the same look, so I can't really even improvise with that.
But I wanna be a softer dragon mom sometimes...not always metal scales... *pouts*
Old Posted 12-24-2018, 11:53 PM  
Icy Footed
;u; I have no sewing/knitting/crocheting skills...*cannot contribute*
But a soft dragon mom is just as nice as metal dragon mom. ^-^ You be soft Kaderin!*gathers a bunch of steam from the sauna to inhale and exhale like a smoky dragon* -w- <3

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 12-25-2018, 03:41 AM  
Truthwatcher
Default   #43  
I legit do have some badass loom knit scalemaille gauntlets/fingerless gloves that I wear in the winter.
Armored dragon mom.
But I need soft ones I can wear at home.
Old Posted 12-25-2018, 04:42 AM  
Writer
I have legitimately picked up crochet and knitting to make my own geek stuff. But so far I didn't get around to try the dragonscale stitch, even though it's on my to-do list since months. There are so many interesting uses for it. Dice bags, gloves, even a mermaid blanket if you got the patience (I don't).

My new years resolution will be to finally acquaint myself with the cnc mill in our local fablab, to make even more DIY fan merch.
Old Posted 12-25-2018, 07:37 AM  
Wanderer
Default   #45  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Pottermore says my Hogwarts House is Slytherin, which, I dunno, I mean I do love green and silver. But I'm happier with my American magic school placing. Ilvermornay has me in Cattywampus! I mean Wampus. But the magical creature is a six legged cat!
I’m also Slytherin/Wampus, though my Ilvermorny placement is a little odd. Wampus is the last house I’d have thought I’d be in.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-25-2018, 03:45 PM  
Rebooting....
Wampus is exactly where I hoped I'd be. Really I was hoping for Ravenclaw or even Hufflepuff. But I got a great set of longjohns today that sort of fit Wampus! They're mostly black and white with kitties everywhere, and a green buttflap that says Meowy Catmas! If it ever actually gets cold in the house, I now have the perfect remedy!
Old Posted 12-25-2018, 06:45 PM  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #47  
Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie here Im not too surprised by my house placements in either.
Old Posted 12-25-2018, 07:05 PM  
Truthwatcher
I don't know my Ilvermorny house yet...
Old Posted 12-25-2018, 08:42 PM