Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #161  
(( no she's still dressed, She just looked at everything in the package))
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 12-31-2017, 10:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
((Ah okay~! Perfect! I misread that and was like o.o;;;;;))

Benjamin's eyes widened and he gulped, "You want me to help you ehm...put this on?" He looked first from April, then down to the package, then up to April. "I may be from this period, but this...this is foreign to me. I assume this is to go under the decorative skirt and these?" here, he held up some wire framing, presumed to go below even that, "I have no idea what this is. Ah, if only I could ask Mary-Ellen for help! She was the costume designer for my last play, very talented. She would know!" He groaned looking at all the various parts, "I guess I was hoping this sort of knowledge just came imbedded in you. Uhm. Alright. We can look at this as sort of a puzzle? But I don't know how I can help without ah..." He couldn't bring himself to finish the sentence and shook his head and sighed. "What can I do?"
Old Posted 12-31-2017, 10:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #163  
She should of known that being a man, he wouldn't know anything about all this either. "Well as I said, I can use my own underthings so I guess this goes on first. I don't want stockings or garters so I'll skip those. This linen white underdress I guess goes on over the bloomers and then the corset? Not using that either. Then the main dress. I think I can handle that, but I'll need you for pulling up zippers at least." she said.

She shooed him out of the room long enough to strip to her bra and panties and then she tugged on the bloomers over them, then the underskirts. She pulled over the linen underdress and then the main dress. After fighting the fabric over her body she smoothed down the skirt and then called Ben back in to zip up the back. "Okay, I'm decent." she called."I just hope everything is in the right place"
Old Posted 12-31-2017, 10:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Benjamin breathed a sigh of relief when she said that she would be discarding the corset. Of course, that meant that she'd stick out, but only to those that were really paying attention. "Uhm...forgive me for asking this, but what's a bra? I know what ehm... panties...are, but I have never heard of a bra. Is it..similar?" His face was flushed as he asked this. Her early ancestors wore corsets, he could tell by the narrow waists, but he never cared to spy on them as they were changing so he'd never seen one before. The entire situation was a new one to him.

All too happily he left the room and waited for April to get dressed. After what felt like twenty minutes he heard her voice calling from the other side of the bookshelf and came in, blushing when he saw her exposed back, "Just uh...zip this up?" He did as he was told with trembling hands and sweat beading on his brow, but he stepped back and admired their combined handiwork. "You look like a genuine lady. By the by, I checked the date. We have one week. Do you think you can last that long?"
Old Posted 12-31-2017, 11:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #165  
When he asked what a bra was, she giggled. "Well, it doesn't cover this area." she said gesturing to her midriff. "The bra just cups..up here." she gestured faintly to her chest. "A lot less constricting that's for sure." she explained. "But I'm not running loose, that's all you really need to know." she said with a giggle, seeing his blush. "I think it's cute how flustered you are getting talking about under things."

She left her shoes on because she didn't think they'd be seen. They were flats anyway, if just the toes were poking out, they wouldn't look too out of place. She grabbed the bonnet and put it on over her hair. She put it in a bun before she started getting changed. She tied the ribbon under her chin and then looked at him.

"Genuine Lady huh? Well, let see if I can fool the rest of your family. And a week? I don't think I can get away with wearing this same dress for a week. We'll have to go into town and get something else? Maybe a suitcase, so it at least looks like I'm traveling."
Old Posted 01-01-2018, 12:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Benjamin turned a dark shade of red, deepening when his eyes followed her hands and he found himself actually looking at the gestured to regions. Thankfully it was only a moment, but Benjamin hoped that April didn't notice. "Well, it's immodest," he said truthfully, "I'll be thankful when this getting you clothes debacle is through, that much is certain." He tilted his head as he watched her expertly twist her hair around into a neat bun and put on the bonnet more skillfully than he expected. In his brief time knowing her, she'd never worn a bonnet, but then, he supposed that the concept was simple enough.

"That is a splendid idea, and this time, you may accompany me," Benjamin paused, looking down and getting serious for a moment, "I apologize, for all of this. You're a complete stranger to me and yet, and in a few days, you'll be witnessing the most intimate, most personal moments in my life. It has to be a little awkward for you, doesn't it?"
Old Posted 01-01-2018, 01:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #167  
"Well, we just need to fool your parents that I'm your girlfriend at least until your murder," she said softly. "Then once that happens hopefully I'll be sent back to my time. Then you can move on." she said and then stepped out of the small room. "My cell phone is on your desk, so I need to make sure to grab it the day of...so if I get sucked back I have it with me..."

She went out of the room and then stood and waited for Benjamin. "So...I guess you introduce me to your parents?" she asked.
Old Posted 01-01-2018, 01:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Benjamin forced a smile as other, less pleasant, thoughts bubbled to the surface of the recesses of his mind, forcing themselves into his consciousness. Dorothea had never met his parents. Hells, his parents never even heard of Dorothea. They never saw his posts go out; they never saw hers come in. He collected the letters before his father picked it up and he went to the office himself to send them out. Only under the guise of wealth could he have ever brought her to his parents as he was about to do with this complete stranger.

"They will believe it," he finally said with a smile, "They've been suspecting that I may have found someone for quite some time, and they have been encouraging me to pursue a wife." As he spoke, he couldn't help but remember that he was back in a world where his beloved had loved him, where she still wrote to him faithfully. Where he could still write to her faithfully. He nodded, looking at her grimly "Let's hope that that is the reason you and I ended up here. And don't forget." He chuckled "My parents might find it a bit...disconcerting."
Old Posted 01-03-2018, 04:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #169  
"Well I'll do my best not to...uh I guess embarrass you?" she said and scratched the back of her head. She knew nothing of the vernacular or terminology of this era so it would be very...interesting to say the least. "I'll let you do most of the talking and only chime in when my responses won't be idiotic," she said with a chuckle.

She would let him lead the way. She was nervous...well nervous was an understatement really. She was terrified that she'd make a fool of herself in front of two prim and proper, people from the 1800s. If Steven only saw her in this get-up...he'd laugh his ass off.
Old Posted 01-03-2018, 05:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Benjamin laughed, fiddling with his hands, "That sounds like the closest thing to a plan we've had this entire time. Ehm...I can't lead you to Mother from here though, as that would look suspicious. We'll come through the front door, but first...we've got to get out." His lips pursed into a thin line as he thought about how he could dodge all of the servants as well as his mother who at this time had already returned from her morning stroll. He breathed deep, "Alright, follow me."

Holding April by the wrist, he led her through the maze of rooms and hallways, always ducking into the least traveled passages until they had gone out the back door, the sunlight bathing the couple with its rays. "That should do it; we just have to go around the front now."
Old Posted 01-03-2018, 07:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #171  
She let him lead her through the maze of halls and such until they were downstairs and outside. She followed him around the front and pretended that she just arrived. "Oh such a nice house Mister Wright," she said in case someone was within earshot. She was trying to keep up the illusion that she just brought her here and she was seeing the outside of the house for the first time.
Old Posted 01-03-2018, 08:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Benjamin breathed in the late morning air and turned to her with shining eyes, "Shall I lead you inside now?" He said this as he was already leading her to the front of the house and they were shortly standing on the walk leading to his home.

The pair moved inside and Benjamin called out, "Mother! I've returned, and I've brought someone along, I hope you don't mind!"

Benjamin's mother, Katherine peered out of the doorway to the kitchen her face immediately brightening when she saw that the aforementioned person was indeed a woman, and a well-dressed woman at that. "Well, hello there! And who might you be?"
Old Posted 01-03-2018, 09:20 PM Reply With Quote