Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Double Rainbow
Default I thin I have a problem   #1  
As you guys may or may not know, I found a wet spot on my mattress, it's origin unknown to me but it smelled of urine. I slept on the couch that night. The next day, I got the baking soda, vinegar, and water, and after mixing the vinegar with the water, I placed the baking soda on the spot and let it set for a while. Then, I vacuumed it up before adding the vinegar water. Once that was done, I smelled urine still. I used up all the baking soda on the spot, then I let it set before adding the baking soda, and then I let it set some more before cleaning it up. I still smelled urine, but I decided to put laundry detergent on the spot to let it stay there for 24 hours... I was then told to put it outside today before the 24 hours was up. I did, and after bringing it back in, I want a new mattress because I feel like it got DIRTIER AND CONTAMINATED from being outside. I tried friend's suggestion, but I feel like I'm going to be stuck with a mildew bed because it's too late for it to dry... and I may have used too much of the solution my friend suggested. My desire to burn it is as high as when Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame wanted to find the gypsies and kill them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 05-13-2017, 10:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
I've been there but I just gave up and changed the sheets often :(

Good luck

Old Posted 05-13-2017, 11:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #3  
Thanks... after doing what a friend suggested, my entire mattress stinks, and now I'm in a bad mood.
Quote:
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 05-14-2017, 01:12 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
When I searched online the only thing I found was what your friend suggested D:

I dunno anything about mattress care since I prefer sleeping on floors.

Maybe try washing the mattress? (link)
It seems like baking soda's used as deodorant a whole lot.

Old Posted 05-14-2017, 07:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #5  
My problem I'm referring to is a mental problem. Anyways, I doubt my mom is going to let me use up all the baking soda again. If I had the money, I'd buy myself a bunch of baking powder. We also need laundry soap as well... I could try using that on my mattress as well... if I hadn't taken my mattress outside, I wouldn't have used bleach and water on my mattress!
Quote:
Old Posted 05-14-2017, 10:22 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Your best bet would probably have been a spray or something like Nature's Miracle that's designed for urine, if that's what it was. You can't really wash a mattress, but steam might be an option. Anything damp would dry eventually. Ideally, put a fan or something in the room. If there's mold though, you have a problem. Get a new one. For the future, get a mattress cover that goes under the sheets that you can just through right in the washer.
Old Posted 05-15-2017, 03:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #7  
I got the smell out, though, but my mattress got dirty and contaminated, so I bleached it. Smelled bad afterwards, so I put laundry detergent on my mattress because I don't have baking soda. It hasn't been 24 hours yet.
Quote:
Old Posted 05-15-2017, 11:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
My mattress is clean and it doesn't stink! Here's how I did it!

"Cleaning the Mattress"
  1. Get baking soda, four cups of vinegar, and four cups of lukewarm water
  2. Add two cups of white distilled vinegar to two cups of lukewarm water
  3. Pour the baking powder over the mattress and let it stay there for five minutes
  4. Vacuum up the baking powder and then pour the vinegar and water solution onto the mattress (or scrub the mattress with it)
  5. Mix two cups of white distilled vinegar with two cups of lukewarm water
  6. Pour baking soda onto your mattress again before pouring vinegar on it
  7. Let it sit for five minutes
  8. Blot or rub dry after letting it sit for five minutes
  9. Once dry, pour more baking powder or laundry detergent powder onto mattress and let it sit for 24 hours

Yep! That's what I did! I skipped the uneccesary steps because they were only done after I took my mattress outside.
Quote:
Old Posted 05-15-2017, 09:08 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #9  
Nice! Congrats on having a clean mattress again :D

Old Posted 05-16-2017, 04:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Thanks! I'm happy with it!
Quote:
Old Posted 05-16-2017, 04:55 PM Reply With Quote  
-
Default   #11  
Now that your mattress is clean, I would highly recommend you invest in a mattress cover.
.___.
Buying: NATM
Questing: Event Items 13/19
Miniature Fairy Wings, Immortal Worlds, Eye Sore Current Funds:0 Au.
Updated: 12/16/16 08:55 PM
Old Posted 05-17-2017, 07:51 PM Reply With Quote