Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

TWIGNIFICIENT PIXELATOR
Default Any love for Pride and Prejudice? (2005 version)   #1  
So I freaking love this version of Pride and Prejudice. It's the one from 2005 with Kiera Knightly.
This movie has been my obsession for the past like year or so. I absolutely adore it! I hadn't seen any posts here on it yet, and I feel like it's an under appreciated version that needs some love. (:

So to kick off the discussion:
HOW FREAKING CUTE IS DARCY (Matthew McFayden) OMG.
In the book, he was okay. He seemed romantic enough, and certainly charming. But in this movie adaptation, omg I can't. He was so adorbs.

Although Bingley (Simon Woods) was too. So wonderfully, wonderfully awkward.

Your thoughts? On this, or on anything else about the movie?
GO.
Old Posted 05-05-2013, 04:30 AM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
I liked the film well enough -- though I haven't seen the multipart Colin Firth one everyone seems to adore, so I can't compare them XD

I watched Death at a Funeral a while ago and Matthew McFayden was in that too and I had to visit IMDB partway through the movie because I couldn't figure out why he looked familiar.
Old Posted 05-07-2013, 06:57 PM Reply With Quote  
TWIGNIFICIENT PIXELATOR
Default   #3  
No way, he was in that? o:
I never noticed!

-runs off to look-

And I haven't seen the other version either. o 3o I hear its pretty good.
But I did watch a version of P&P from like the '60s.
It was okay. I had a hard time getting into it cause my fashion history police siren kept going off. xD
Old Posted 05-07-2013, 08:58 PM Reply With Quote  
-:-o}}}-O-{{{o-:-
Those old P&P suck big time due to anachronism issues, wardrobe issues, casting issues and so forth. For a long time I only liked a 4 hour BBC version of it and that was my favorite. Now I like this 2005 version very much. At first I was put off a bit by Kiera Knightly, I am sorry to say. I just felt that her looks were not quite what Austen had in mind when she envisioned Elizabeth Bennett. Jane was fine and the other girls too and Mr. and Mrs. Bennett. I have no grievance with any of them but I felt that Kiera looked too modern (and sloppy). Now though I have seen the film a few times and it has grown on me admirably. I think they did a fabulous job with the costumes and it was really mostly true to the book. I can't imagine a much better version.
I used to have a sig. Really.
Old Posted 05-12-2013, 12:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #5  
I am bringing this back in 2017 haha.

I started pride and prejudice by watching the Zombie version in 2015-2016. Then I watched the 2005 version and I absolutely love this. It's such a beautiful love story.
Ruff..
Old Posted 01-10-2017, 01:27 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I've seen the 6 hour A&E version several times though (the one with Colin Firth) and that's pretty much the standard I use. It sort of ruined the newer movie for me because it felt like things were moving too fast. Mr. Darcy's proposal scene in the mini-series is easily twice the length or more of the one in the 2005 film, and I could get away from the impression that people were speed-acting to make everything fit in the shorter time.

Of course, that's probably a lot of my own bias. I often do things while watching a movie, and it would seem that I missed huge plot points in the 2005 film because I would look down at something I was working on, and look up again and thing "holy crap, how did we get here already?"
Old Posted 01-10-2017, 05:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #7  
I kind of like the Zombie version better since it had more of a story to say than the regular. There was more action in it as well. It also gave the girl more character than the regular pride and prejudice, she has skills than just being a innocent smart girl.
Ruff..
Old Posted 01-10-2017, 11:33 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Not sure I'd call Elizabeth an innocent smart girl, though I haven't read the book yet. She didn't come off that way to me in the mini-series. The movie went by too fast for me to tell. ;)
Old Posted 01-12-2017, 11:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #9  
I never read the book, but i do need to put that on my reading list. Well.. yeah I guess so lol. Seemingly though.
Ruff..
Old Posted 01-13-2017, 02:55 AM Reply With Quote  
-
I thought it was alright since I love zombie movies. I ended up buying it around Black Friday for like $3-5 so I am stuck with it forever! O.O

I should have bought Finding Nemo instead. Such a classic...
.___.
Buying: NATM
Questing: Event Items 13/19
Miniature Fairy Wings, Immortal Worlds, Eye Sore Current Funds:0 Au.
Updated: 12/16/16 08:55 PM
Old Posted 05-31-2017, 04:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
Default   #11  
I have loved every version of Pride and Prejudice I have seen. I love the BBC mini-series better than the movie w/ Kiera Knightly. She does this weird thing with her mouth that irritates. It is still a good version.

My favorite movie of a Jane Austen book is Persuasion with Amanda Root and Ciaran Hands. Sooooooo romantic, and I'm not even a romantic type. Anyone seen that one?
Old Posted 06-02-2017, 11:29 PM Reply With Quote