Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #17  
Ah. Well in that case, it probably is just on the automated script and is renewed automatically. I don't imagine the owners have any plans for returning to improve Syndrone anymore.
Old Posted 04-23-2017, 05:16 PM Reply With Quote  
-
I'm happy the site is still alive. I don't visit the site, but it's always sad when another avatar site closes down.
.___.
Buying: NATM
Questing: Event Items 13/19
Miniature Fairy Wings, Immortal Worlds, Eye Sore Current Funds:0 Au.
Updated: 12/16/16 08:55 PM
Old Posted 04-23-2017, 05:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #19  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternum View Post
It doesn't gnaw at them that they've spent money to buy it and now they're effectively wasting all the effort they did to acquire the site?
Maybe it does. That would be a motivating reason to keep the site running even in a neglected state, because just shutting it down would feel like giving up on all of that.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-23-2017, 09:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
@Kad: I won't give up hoping that they will somehow come back and make it up to us!

@Fulkth: I feel exactly the same way. I've been on avi sites for 7 years already and have lost Ernya (weeps) I don't want to lose Syn, although this is really my home now.

@Coda I hope so much they don't give up on Syn.
Old Posted 04-23-2017, 10:14 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #21  
@Coda That makes sense... but it's a sad sort of compromise.

@Moonshadow IKR. Ernya was so darn beautiful and like, it seemed to be doing pretty well... appearances can be deceptive, huh.
I keep wishing someone would buy Ernya and reopen it. It doesn't make sense that a site with that quality of art and items just goes poof and nobody's interested in it.
Avatar sites shut so often but it still shocks me and takes me time to take in whenever another one shuts. I hope Syn doesn't shut too...

But like, you remember Fork? Well, he was one of the coders for the in-dev Voltra Online at the time I was mod-in-training for that site (development has frozen since... not that I'm surprised.) Well, he said the current owner of Syn was a friend of his and that he could ask them to shut the site anytime so that Voltra could use Syn's item concepts :/

All I'm saying is, better not to put a lot of hopes on Syn because Fork still has a say in things and really doesn't give two fucks about the site. I'd heard a lot of rumours before about Fork not really really giving up the site when Synners pushed for a different owner, and this was confirmation.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Last edited by daikokunyo; 04-23-2017 at 10:55 PM.
Old Posted 04-23-2017, 10:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
Sternum: ohhhhhhhh I got it.
I was not on Syn when that whole thing with Fork went down, I do remember all the ones that left Ernya, went to Syn then came running back to Ernya, I must admit I resented them all for that. But ok, what I heard about Ernya was that Emy suddenly left Prezok and he was left to run the site on his own, and he was overwhelmed (also the end of their romance) He explained that the site was so complicated and he just couldn't keep it up and running and the servers would soon be obsolete and he would not be able to switch servers.

I actually think the site got too fancy. Sometimes less is more. Syn was a pretty decent site, but lots of shit was always going on in the background. I actually liked Icon and Charlie, but .. idk. I like this site a lot, so I'm not unhappy being here if Syn were to shut down.
Old Posted 04-23-2017, 11:02 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #23  
I agree that the site got too fancy. They really bit off more than they could chew with Lands, a lot of unnecessary money and effort went into it.

That's sad because sites usually shut when they run out of money, and that wasn't the case here which makes it seem like it needn't have shut... if he could've found someone to help with it... idk.

When Emy left she should've taken Ernya with her >.>
Or they should've agreed on joint custody <.<

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 04-24-2017, 12:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternum View Post

I keep wishing someone would buy Ernya and reopen it. It doesn't make sense that a site with that quality of art and items just goes poof and nobody's interested in it.
Actually, just want to interject here...a few Ernya members tried to contact Prezok and Emy shortly after the site shut down to ask about buying the avatars and I think also the current items (so they could essentially build a new Ernya), but received no reply. Probably because some users who were angry about the shut down had gotten their emails and were harassing them.
To my knowledge, the site was never offered for sale.
Old Posted 04-25-2017, 10:02 PM Reply With Quote  
C'mere
Default   #25  
^it wasn't, but people were offering anyway even before the shutdown. ernya was hilarious, i actually miss it even so it was kind of terrible in a lot of ways.

i don't miss syndrone. haven't really thought about it in a long time, got very little out of it. i remember briefly enjoying it for the items, but shit got obnoxious and i haven't been back. i feel no attachment to it whatsoever.
Old Posted 04-25-2017, 10:54 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
If peeps were offering even before the shutdown, they should've sold it them!
Anything's better than it disappearing off the face of the internet T_T

Yeah, it was cliquey and whatnot but I mean... it was pretty... #priorities xD

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 04-28-2017, 01:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #27  
I feel like I missed out on a lot of the Ernya drama. I kind of wasn't able to log on much for several years. But I heard that the cliques were really bad. And also that the staff was pretty questionable.
But I really loved the avatars.
Old Posted 04-28-2017, 01:05 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Yes, which is why I feel like it had too much potential to poof.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 04-28-2017, 01:07 AM Reply With Quote  
-
Default   #29  
For some reason I got the impression that Prezorak (spelling?) was giving money to pay for the site, but Emy was using it to pay for her real life bills instead.
.___.
Buying: NATM
Questing: Event Items 13/19
Miniature Fairy Wings, Immortal Worlds, Eye Sore Current Funds:0 Au.
Updated: 12/16/16 08:55 PM
Old Posted 04-28-2017, 02:37 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
OK now I'm mad.

No wonder she didn't take it along with her when she left him.

She prolly didn't give a shit.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 04-28-2017, 02:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #31  
Yeah. I think was that was is that the money that they were getting when people donated to the site was supposed to go back into paying for the server fees and other site stuff but Emy was using it for her own bills.
So yeah. You're pretty much right.
But I don't know if that's just a rumor or if it's been confirmed.
Old Posted 04-28-2017, 02:41 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
If she's money-grubbing like that I don't get why she wouldn't sell tho :/

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 04-28-2017, 02:44 AM Reply With Quote