Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #1025  
My father-in-law fought in Vietnam. When he got back, he protested against it. The Army stripped him of his medals. They told him he could get them back if he submitted a formal apology for protesting.

You can probably imagine how he responded to THAT.

At this point, the Army would probably give them back if he asked, no need for an apology. Plenty of time has passed and the way things are run has changed. He doesn't want to give them the satisfaction and after this long he doesn't care enough to deal with the red tape.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-26-2019, 08:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
:/ Wowh.
I don't know many people at all who served in Vietnam during the war. :[ My great uncle served in the Korean War and died several years ago..none of my older uncles ever even enlisted, because they were too young I think. :{ I just know a lot of Vets came back to homelessness, joblessness, underappreciation and ill-treatment. Especially during a time where Civil Rights was being fought for. :/
I didn't talk to him, but at an ice cream store, a guy came in with a cane and an army hat who was a Vietnam vet, and he was talking to the ice cream guy about it. He looked like a very sad santa claus that has seen some shit.
I think some lady or some dude thanked him for his service and he just told them something like, "Nah, don't thank me. Nobody should be thanked for what we did over there. I'm not proud of any of it."
o-o Can't recall the rest of the conversation, but he just walked out saying goodbye and seemed both chill and outspoken but very disheartened. <:[ No one but other Vets from Vietnam know what he went though...
Almost done watching this documentary series on the history and reality of the Vietnam war. 0-0 It really was a losing war, with lasting damage and US government did it's best to cover up the fact that we lost it and it wasn't even necessary. <:[ Eesh..I'm glad I'm learning more about it though. Never learned about it in all my years of history classes.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 07-27-2019, 08:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1027  
I really should actually learn more about history and wars in general tbh. We don't really have enough time in school to go into much detail as they generally cram all of US history from the beginning to present all in during the approximate 9 months of school. Or closer to 8 if you take into account holidays.

On an unrelated note...really want to save up and buy a little "portable" washing machine for my apartment. Something I could maybe store in my closet and just wheel into the bathroom to wash clothes. Also a drying rack for my clothes. Would be way more convenient than trying to save up quarters for a laundromat and trying to get over to one without a car...
But on the downside, for a really good quality one, it can easily cost $250+
XP
Old Posted 07-29-2019, 10:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I can definitely recommend the Panda-branded ones. I had a mini-washer and mini-dryer that I bought for my apartment when I lived in California. Worked pretty well. Sort of a pain sometimes, but totally worth it to avoid having to drag my stuff to the laundromat and sit around for hours.

But $250 for the washer alone... yeah, that's about right.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-29-2019, 10:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1029  
Lol. I'm actually pretty sure that the one in my amazon cart right now is a Panda brand one...
Not sure that any store in town has them so amazon may be my only way to buy one, but they do offer payment plans on them, so I could theoretically do that, but I gotta pay a few bills off first so I can budget for that...
>.>
Old Posted 07-29-2019, 11:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
I ran out of bananas today, so my recovery shake tasted less nice. <x}
...also I need to WRITE, dammit!! >xS

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 07-30-2019, 12:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1031  
Hmmmm....thinking abut my apartment layout....really would love to find a way to move the computer/sewing desk into the living room-ish area (where I would like to make a sort of craft area)...but I have such small spaces. Need to clear out all my bulky, seldom used furniture at some point...and also figure out just better storage for a lot of stuff. XD
I am absolutely awful at the home decor portion of adulting.....among many others...
Old Posted 07-30-2019, 12:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
I have a weird aversion towards babies and little kids. <x{ The reaction everyone else seems to have towards them is exactly my reaction towards puppies or kittens. o-o; Even lizards. I smile and wave at lizards, but babies? Nope. x} No thanks.

Old Posted 07-30-2019, 04:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1033  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
I have a weird aversion towards babies and little kids. <x{ The reaction everyone else seems to have towards them is exactly my reaction towards puppies or kittens. o-o; Even lizards. I smile and wave at lizards, but babies? Nope. x} No thanks.
SAME
infinity percent the same!
Old Posted 07-30-2019, 07:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
SAME
infinity percent the same!
xD Awesome! I'm not alone!! *ace high fives with cards and cake!*

Old Posted 07-31-2019, 12:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1035  
Lol. And don't forget the dragons!
XD
Old Posted 07-31-2019, 12:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed

Yes! Dragons too are important! -W-

Old Posted 07-31-2019, 12:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #1037  
Quote:
Same same!
I do fine with older kids, the age at which you can actually talk to them and when they already use the toilet on their own. But I still wouldn't consider them cute - can I just have a kitten and some ice cream instead? ^^
Old Posted 07-31-2019, 06:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Quote:

Yes! Dragons too are important! -W-
Especially dragons with cake! Lol
Old Posted 07-31-2019, 06:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #1039  
Aww! x}
Also I love how the kitty is just lurking in the background with the most curious face.

Old Posted 07-31-2019, 10:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Lol. That one is Shade. Batty is also lurking in the background, but is harder to spot as the room is dark and he's black. XD
Old Posted 08-01-2019, 02:15 AM Reply With Quote