Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default Trades "Item Equipped" Error   #1  
So, I have noticed for a while that a lot of the time, when I go into trades, it will have items listed as equipped. From 2-3 avatars ago, if not longer. I have tried clearing my cache and browser history, but it still does it.

Wouldn't (and doesn't) bother me that much, but I have some borrowed items to return, but can't because it says they're equipped when they're not.
Old Posted 07-11-2018, 08:51 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Have you used the avatar closet? It might be related to your saved outfits in there.

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 07-11-2018, 09:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3  
Looks like some, but not all the items from my saved avis in there, yes.
Please tell me I don't have to delete them? They're too pretty...
Old Posted 07-11-2018, 09:54 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
oof. you might have to re-save those avis without the borrowed items.

i had the same problem before, and this was my solution to it XD;

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 07-11-2018, 10:03 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #5  
idk if more experienced users know a way around this tho. i'd wait for their responses before doing anything irreversible.

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 07-11-2018, 10:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
oof. you might have to re-save those avis without the borrowed items.

i had the same problem before, and this was my solution to it XD;
...but...but the borrowed items were like 60% of the problem avi!
It wasn't my fave though, so I made it disappear.
:c
Old Posted 07-11-2018, 11:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #7  
Speaking as the developer who built the closet backend... This is working as intended. We want you to always be able to reequip avatars in your closet. After all, that's why you saved them! And in order to ensure that, we make sure you can't sell or trade away items that you have equipped to ANY avatar, whether current, saved, or being edited.

This hasn't been a problem too terribly many times. However, it would definitely be an improvement if it could tell you WHERE they're equipped, to make it easier to track down, and it might be worth making an option to force-remove those items from within the trade UI.

It might ALSO be a good idea for us to provide some sort of avatar export that gives back a picture and a list of the items in it. You'd be responsible for storing that information somewhere on your own, but if the main reason you didn't want to remove a saved avatar was that it was too pretty to get rid of, this might be good enough. (It would also be convenient for avatar contests!)
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-12-2018, 12:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I mean, I guess I understand that, but it's frustrating af.

Avatar export and being able to force remove items would 100% be excellent additions. Until then, I guess I'll just screenshot the avatars and delete them.
Old Posted 07-12-2018, 12:56 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #9  
i would have thought that the closet would equip everything you do have, and notify you that some were missing

Old Posted 07-12-2018, 03:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
That was an option I had considered when I was implementing it, but I didn't like that behavior on Gaia and from my perspective as a user (instead of my perspective as a developer) I would rather be protected from giving away items that I forgot I cared about, especially since I can go into my closet to fix THIS kind of thing whereas in the alternative situation I would have to go find a potentially rare item on the open market.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-12-2018, 04:21 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #11  
hrm.

fair enough, i guess.

then i would say that an export/import and more transparency on whether items are actually equipped or if they're saved in a closet outfit would be good.

Old Posted 07-12-2018, 04:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Yes, I agree, I already said we should do that upthread. :P

Old Posted 07-12-2018, 07:38 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #13  
yes that was me agreeing with you, ya doof, stop correcting things that don't need correction

Old Posted 07-12-2018, 07:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I'm not a doof, you're a doof, you doof.

Old Posted 07-13-2018, 10:58 AM Reply With Quote