So I downloaded and I'm already stuck, obviously
Old Posted 10-13-2017, 08:49 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Picked up Wild World again. Making me feel really nostalgic. XD

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 10-14-2017, 03:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
Default   #51  
I've been playing mario and luigi superstar saga. Its taking me back to when I was little and had a game boy, and it still holds up so well!
Old Posted 10-15-2017, 10:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Been messing around with the first Fallout lately; currently running around in Morrowind.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-16-2017, 01:45 AM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Default   #53  
Parasite Eve 1

Mitochondria this, Mitochondria that! Mitochondria this, Mitochondria that! Mitochondria this, Mitochondria that!

Mitochondria this, Mitochondria that! Mitochondria this, Mitochondria that! Mitochondria this, Mitochondria that!

LEVEL UP!

Calligraphy + 2
Lathe usage + 4
Gained Obsequiousity Double Damage
Distance from Pomona is now -2000

^^Thank you Isis, my chibi self is BEYOND adorable!^^
Old Posted 10-16-2017, 11:19 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Guild Wars 2.

Lots of Guild Wars 2.

Speaking of games, I have an excuse to play something for school and I haven't done it yet!
Old Posted 10-18-2017, 05:15 AM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Default   #55  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
Guild Wars 2.

Lots of Guild Wars 2.

Speaking of games, I have an excuse to play something for school and I haven't done it yet!
A game FOR school?! What game is that?
LEVEL UP!

Calligraphy + 2
Lathe usage + 4

Old Posted 10-18-2017, 10:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I've been working my way through Metroid: Samus Returns lately. It's good to actually take some time out to play video games again.

Prey is on my list coming up, as is Cuphead.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-18-2017, 11:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #57  
Warframe has been my major time sink as of late, whenever I decide to get up. New work schedule has murdered my play time haha
nighty's sig in under construction.
Old Posted 10-19-2017, 02:25 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CactuarJoe View Post
A game FOR school?! What game is that?
RESEARCH!!! :D

I'm writing a paper arguing for the digital preservation of video games in their playable state. One of the "pro" sides was going to be games as a representation of culture and history, so I was going to look at Never Alone and put some time in it so I could speak to atmosphere and such (the same apparently has an ongoing narrative in Inupiat). I also have a paper on Civilization 5 as representative of history but I haven't look at it yet. I'm still working out my points.

Since things like user made content and modding come up in talks about game preservation, I can bring in Skyrim and such as well.

I also thought of Metroid as being of note regarding preservation efforts, for the famous Samus reveal. That I am not personally familiar with but is does say a little that I know of it.
Old Posted 10-19-2017, 02:29 AM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Default   #59  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
RESEARCH!!! :D

I'm writing a paper arguing for the digital preservation of video games in their playable state. One of the "pro" sides was going to be games as a representation of culture and history, so I was going to look at Never Alone and put some time in it so I could speak to atmosphere and such (the same apparently has an ongoing narrative in Inupiat). I also have a paper on Civilization 5 as representative of history but I haven't look at it yet. I'm still working out my points.

Since things like user made content and modding come up in talks about game preservation, I can bring in Skyrim and such as well.

I also thought of Metroid as being of note regarding preservation efforts, for the famous Samus reveal. That I am not personally familiar with but is does say a little that I know of it.
That sounds super cool! You know if you need more examples of preservation of culture there are some horror video games you can look at as well, like DreadOut and the new game Detention which look at horror in the setting of Indonesian and Taiwanese culture respectively. I wish you good luck on your paper I bet it will make a really good read. :)
LEVEL UP!

Calligraphy + 2
Lathe usage + 4

Old Posted 10-20-2017, 08:25 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Oh no I'm addicted to Sims again. ;n;

Old Posted 10-21-2017, 12:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #61  
I've been playing Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, I enjoyed playing this game when I was a kid with my brother and mom.

not dead, just a lurker
Old Posted 10-21-2017, 01:50 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CactuarJoe View Post
That sounds super cool! You know if you need more examples of preservation of culture there are some horror video games you can look at as well, like DreadOut and the new game Detention which look at horror in the setting of Indonesian and Taiwanese culture respectively. I wish you good luck on your paper I bet it will make a really good read. :)
A number of people in class are quite interested in what I come up with, which isn't at all pressuring! Finding the con points is what I'm working on, since there aren't too many that I can find apart from the whole "video games aren't (insert relevant classification here)" or the issues of controversial material. For instance, you could expect someone to have issues with a library holding copies of the GTA series in its collection.
Old Posted 10-21-2017, 02:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #63  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Crow View Post
I've been playing Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, I enjoyed playing this game when I was a kid with my brother and mom.
Aw man I haven't played that in years. I should find a copy.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-21-2017, 04:18 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I love replaying games I enjoyed as a kid. xD Especially King's Quest games. *~*

Old Posted 10-23-2017, 04:59 AM Reply With Quote