Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #1  
Think of a cross between Puzzle and Dragons (one leader, four subs, one friend; active and leader skills; stamina that refills over time and when you level up; evolution that requires collecting rare materials; a set of dungeons that end in bosses; three currencies -- friend, coins, and gems; separate gacha machines for friend points and gems; collaboration events with other games and anime; a free-play dungeon with no rewards; bonus rewards for the first time you clear stuff; daily XP-material dungeons; etc.) and... Rock Band (the mobile version, with three tap sensors).

Unfortunately the reason I don't expect the thread to go very far in discussion is that it's Japanese-only and installing it without sideloading it (like I did) is a serious pain in the butt (iOS) or impossible (Android).

But still... I am having a *LOT* of fun with it. I've been playing Deemo a lot lately so I've already gotten my touch-screen rhythm game skills refined, so (once I got the audio calibrated correctly) it took a while before I came across a song that took me more than one attempt to get a full combo on (that is, never get anything less than a Good rating on a note).

I think Show By Rock!! might have slightly more forgiving timing windows than most rhythm games, though; I've gotten several Master Combos so far (that is, never get anything but Perfect ratings on notes) and I've never done that in any rhythm game before in my life, not even on easy songs.

EDIT: Oh yeah. There's also an anime!
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-28-2015, 10:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Important Information. (WIP)

Angels are EXP Fodder. Fuse them to one of your band members to level them up and make them stronger. You can get these from the Event section on the Home Menu ホーム. During the week days, they will have up an Angel event. A different color for each week day. Also the 'New Song' selections give out these angels but you can get them randomly from other places.

Music Sheets are items you get from weekend events. They are used to evolve the bands to make them stronger. To get to the evolution screen go to the home menu and then to Band. From there choose a band that has hit its max level and evolve them if you have all the Music Sheets needed to do so.

Coin Cards are cards you can sell for Sound dollars.

----------------------------

Skills:

Passive Skills 「パッシブスキル」

Active Skills 「アクティブスキル」

Score Boost 

Cスコアブースト☆2

Healing

Pテンションヒール☆2

Soul Boost
-WIP-

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Last edited by Demonskid; 10-29-2015 at 01:45 PM. Reason: splitting thread
Old Posted 09-28-2015, 10:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #3  
DK plays on Android so DK can sideload if DK can deal with a UI in Japanese. (It requires Google Play Services though so you might not be able to play it on your Kindle... You have another Android device, right?)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-28-2015, 10:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
My cell is android, (friggen google play =o=) i wonder if my cell can hold anything more. >o< I have like.. 3-4 Apps, PAD, Kanji Senpai, and Tangorin

the other apps i need for life reasons, >x< I wish these cell's could upgrade the built in memories ;-;

send me a link to the APK for me to sideload it ;D i'll do it tomorrow, i'ma bout to head to bed

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 09-28-2015, 10:53 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #5  
Wish your cell wasn't a ninny with memory, I use an SD chip with mine wonderfully for storing things like photos and numbers, so I have more room for apps.

Old Posted 09-28-2015, 11:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
i only saw the the cell phone with PAD on it and the puzzle playing then the PAD logo and then the 3DS game popping up then poofs

my cell has internal and external and internal is 2GBs.. >x<

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 09-29-2015, 10:57 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #7  
Mine is only that but I have a lot more apps then you. ^^;

Old Posted 09-29-2015, 04:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
I had an amazon app and vine i deleted those. my phone came with a crap load of things i don't want and my contacts and all that can't be moved to the outside SD card

OuO I like this Rock game coda sent me, gives me a chance to practice my kanji even more.. SO MUCH KANJI! Dx

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 09-29-2015, 05:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #9  
Yeah, I'm having trouble keeping up with the kanji. @.@ I can muddle through enough to be able to play the game but for example the band episodes just totally lose me.

Old Posted 09-29-2015, 07:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Haha, do we have friend codes for this game?

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 09-29-2015, 07:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #11  
Yeah, and I've found where to put one in, but not where to get my own. ^^()

Old Posted 09-29-2015, 07:18 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Wish I could help you guys. ^^;

Old Posted 09-29-2015, 07:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #13  
hehe i love when i log in they go "SHOW BY ROCK!" so cute

i guess i gotta finish the tutorial before exploring the rest of the buttons ._.

edit: coda I think i found where you put your friend's ID to add them

in the menu, friend, friend search (tansaku)
メニュー
フレンド
フレンド探索 

I did good YES!? 8D

The place where we find our own ID is the last option in the friend menu right? the one with all those kanji @0@

I 'THINK' my ID is 436240966

I THINK! D8 my user name is 鬼子

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 09-29-2015, 07:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
"ARE YOU READYYYYYY?"

Sometimes the "Show By ROCK!" voice is male.

Old Posted 09-29-2015, 07:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #15  
The male voice was the one I got this time!

let me know if I found what we needed ouo

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 09-29-2015, 07:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
That bottom one says "tomodachi wo" something something; the last character is 待 as in 待つ (matsu) "to wait". Cross-referencing my dictionary... ah, it's 招待 (shoutai) "invitation".

My ID is 695408375.

The friend search function (second button) also allows searching by nickname; mine's Coda.

On that note: Friend request sent!

Old Posted 09-29-2015, 08:00 PM Reply With Quote