Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Poconut Overlord
Default Dreamer's Lament [Private RP Search]   #1  
Hello everyone! I'm looking for either 1x1 or just a small group. My grammar is good...at least getting the basics. You know like "you're, your, their, there, etc."

I have no plots right now, but so you know I decide on roleplays based on ideas, not pairings. If you're not sure what you want to do I don't mind. We can talk until an idea creates a spark in both of us.

My RP Style:
I type in full sentences written in 3rd person perspective. Short paragraphs too, nothing full literate as that is just time consuming and not as fun for me. Lastly I do not do romance RPs. Terribly sorry but I'm not good at them. If a romance ends up developing between characters then that's all good cause it happened naturally.

Fan-Based RPs:
Kingdom Hearts
Final Fantasy (played a lot just pick one)
Fallout
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Star Gate
Star Wars
Inception
Animorphs
Metroid

Note: The story must be set within the fiction's universe. I will NOT play canon characters. If you want to that'll be fine but I'll be sticking to an OC.

I AM ALSO WILLING TO DO ORIGINAL PLOTS!!
...I am simply lacking ideas at the moment. -flops- >x<
Last edited by Jurinjo; 09-03-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old Posted 04-23-2011, 07:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Oh god, I want a group rp on this site so badly. I work better in group dynamics then 1x1. Talk to me Jur when you get back on. ;_;
Old Posted 04-27-2011, 01:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #3  
Heh oops, I figured no one was responding. But now I checked back in! =D
It's sad I haven't been on so much lately....but anyways YES! A group RP would be nice. However will one survive? Making a private one with people we already know or at least seem to be fun partners is a must. At least it's second on my list. A good idea is probably more important p=

Do you have any group ideas Poggio? I'm afraid I'm awfully- nevermind I take that back xD

Ok so our modern world setting; things are normal until an "alien" race appears and declares war on us. They want to take the planet and are doing so by force. This advanced people is either ahead of us by technology (sci-fi) or they got magic (fantasy).

I didn't originally think of technology for this idea since I was playing a wizard in a game at the time lol. But see the idea is that we are woefully underpowered. The newcomers bring with them some source of magic power they tap directly into. Magic, being foreign to our solar system/reality, is new and adept users are finding ways to use this new ability. However it's not through they source. Instead they pull from excess energy left behind by spells the enemy have used. Combining technology and magic spells we are only beginning to understand gives us a fighting chance. However exhausts the mana pool since we are basically "recyling" waste energy from the enemy's spells. lol This however creates a double-bladed sword. We get a fighting chance at the expense of revealing our location. With the little mana pool there is it isn't hard to notice when someone uses it.

SO I think I basically just used a lot of words to go over some um...basics of magic I guess? >.< Anyways short version: Magic wielding aliens declare war, we fight with our tech and are obviously not going to win unless we gain an edge. Individuals through the planet find themselves rather adept at this "magic". Though they have little understanding, a small amount of energy in their surroundings to use, AND the fact activly using it draws enemy attention *takes breath* it is more effective to use against them.

yeah...so many levels we can do this and I have ideas about why the "aliens" want to fight like this. I know i got longwinded. But that happens when I day dream. I always flesh out the world in my mind's eye ^//^;

NOTE: If you got the gist of what I'm attempting to express in that wall o text. I'll need help simplifying and cutting out details that aren't that necessary. >.<
Old Posted 05-06-2011, 12:43 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
If you're open to a small group as opposed to 1x1 I'd love to join in on this, it sounds like a lot of fun. I'm very flexible as a rper, I can go as literate as you want/need...though I'll be the first to admit I'm not good at paring down wordiness. I can give a try, though, presenting your idea more as a narrative:

Quote:
All was peaceful on Earth, or as peaceful as a war-loving race could ever be. Secure in their advanced technologies they believed they could face all challenges that presented themselves as they stretched their presence into the unknown, space. But their explorations caught the interest of the [Alien sounding name here], and that's when they learned that technology isn't the only way to wage war. This new race wants the Earth's resources to add to their own, and they aren't asking politely.

Wielding Mana, magic, the aliens easily overpower the worlds military until it is discovered a small percentage of the population can do more. They can wield the left-over Mana from the alien attacks to defend their home world. But this brings them to the attentions of the invaders, and since it's their own powers they can easily track it back to the one using it. The risk is great, the price of failure even more so. This is the story of those willing to do what has to be done to save the World.
Hopefully that's sort of what you were thinking, if not please to be ignoring ;)
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 05-06-2011, 01:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #5  
Actually yes that works perfectly for an opening post too! =D

And you can play by writing length works for you. I just need something to work with. =) The wordiness in my last post is because of excitement and the fact I put a lot of thought into worlds I create when I daydream. x.x
Old Posted 05-07-2011, 01:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
@ Jur: Man I thought you abandoned me.
Yes I do have a few ideas and by the end of the weekend I hope to have one of them up. So if you’re around … please join? The basic idea of mine is to pick a fairy tale character and insert them into the world I’ve created. The plot is open ended enough that it allows for many characters but after a certain time we should be able to develop a plot of our own.

@,@ -reads wall of text-
… well I think that fey has done the summery very nicely XD. I am just curious as to what the aliens are named and what they look like.

As for word length, I write how much I am inspired to write.
Old Posted 05-07-2011, 07:06 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Default   #7  
Yeah, couldn't think of an alien sounding name...nor was I going to postulate their appearance. I personally think bug-like things are scarier, but it's always creepy if the bad guys look like us :)
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

Old Posted 05-07-2011, 10:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Lol XD I don't know if you watch V at all but that show reminds me of this. Perhaps they should have a camouflage that makes them appear like the dominate life form of the planet? Or reflective pheromones, that way the can really be bug creatures but look human?
Old Posted 05-07-2011, 01:21 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Default   #9  
Or we can even just simplify it more, they use their Mana/magic to look human. When they use up too much in battles/fights they suddenly 'reveal' themselves and people see them as grotesque bug things. After all bugs are good at camouflage, so this wouldn't be a big stretch. Now we just need a suitably alien-esque name for them.

Old Posted 05-07-2011, 08:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Ooh planning a species. You guys are definitely leaning towards bugs huh? :p

@Poggio: What is V? /end

I was thinking something different than Fey was but I like that idea. We could combine with mine though. They are humanoids in armor so at first we don't know just how human they are. Someone gains the ability to read minds and notices just how alike they are in mind. Though later whipping of the helmet it's like a DLNADFI D8 moment for the cast lol Maybe followed by some lame remark/comment about their appearance I maybe heard in an AvP movie? >u>

@Poggio (again): Oh i like your too! It's probably because i just watched Bartok, but i wanna play Baba Yaga xD She's a cranky old hag...but maybe a itty bitty rewrite won't hurt? -think on other fairy tales NOT disney-
Old Posted 05-07-2011, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Default   #11  
I've actually never made it all the way through an episode of V...it's a total knock off of an older movie of the same plotline, so I knew how it was gonna end. Hard to work up motivation to watch if the end isn't a surprise.

As for the aliens, we were just kicking ideas around. I'm always leery of the 'aliens in armor' bit just because it's done a LOT and well...logically life from another world would never look like us. It's the joy of statistics. B'sides, it's easier to hate things that aren't us and want to kill 'em ;)

Old Posted 05-08-2011, 12:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
XD I don’t really watch TV, when I go over my friends house they always seem to be watching the season finale of something. And Once I happen to come over and they were watching the end of season 1 I think of V. It’s basically a show about Aliens that come to earth and masquerade as humans as far as I know.

I have to admit, my reference for aliens are pretty limited and of the popular media that I have seen with Aliens, if they aren’t giant blue cats they have Sigourney Weaver kicking their butt they don’t look that different from humans XD. So when it all boils down to it as long as they have personalities like humans (some what) I think we should be good. I don’t know how I feel about armor but I suppose they would need something (if they did) to protect them against the conditions of earth. They aren’t infallible so they would need something that could kill them. We’d also need to determine how well they can function on earth.

@ Jur: Sure thing. XD that should be interesting having a baba in the story. And don’t worry about the rewrite. Most of the characters are pretty much getting a rewrite from their original. They are only based off a fairy tale character.
Old Posted 05-08-2011, 01:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #13  
yeah it ain't an all original is, V, but did they do a good job? That's the question....that I don't care to have answered. -doesn't watch tv-

My reference to aliens is limited um....3 sci-fi book series, 4 sci-fi shows, and a bunch of movies out there. So I guess I've seen a bit of everything. Most scientient ones though are bipedal. The only distinct one i can think of right now is giving them more arms xD Oh, one book did make a giant alien spider thing that had mouths on its legs. Then there is always the andalites from Animorphs =D

Personally who ever the enemy is should be armored...and since they're making any effort to befriend the humans making sure to draw out the period of time they do not see a single one of their own [alien] kind would up the tension and fear fact a bit more no?

@Fey: I'm not that creative with the species. Got any suggestions?
Old Posted 05-08-2011, 04:06 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
LOL yeah, I'm a geek, so my exposure to aliens are the Brood(insectish), Skrull(shape shifter) and Shi'ar(bird-like) of Marvel and allllllllllll the various races of Star Trek.

So, since I can't draw, how about a lovely bit of description.
Faceted eyes(like a fly)
Double Mandibles(like a preying mantis)
Pincer like hands with three fingers and a 'thumb'
Elongated torso's(thorax)

However, when using their magic to disguise themselves they just look like long, lanky humans. The armor can be sort of reflective, like the carapace on beetles. As for a name...S'lathians, The S'lath? I've no idea, lol, I've gotta bolt to work now...feel free to ignore my ramblings

Last edited by Fey; 05-08-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old Posted 05-08-2011, 11:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #15  
I'm not surprise to see you pulling your info from Marvel xD

The bug appearance you have in mind works for me. Evolution standpoint for them evolving like they have aside (for which I do have an explanation for) I'm curious about how they will speak? Chittering or sounds of the like I guess...-brain coming up with a culture & stand point for [aliens]-

The reason I brought up the speaking is cause they'll have a name for themselves, then a name we'll be using for them. But honestly we only need to settle on key things. Jur votes on the insectoid look.
Old Posted 05-08-2011, 01:46 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Well, they are a magic based alien race right? They simply cast a spell that allows us to understand them(sorta like universal translators a la Star Trek ;) ). They'll be making whatever noise it is they make, and we'll hear english/german/japanese, whatever it is 'we' speak.

And I'm a proud comic geek, not gonna lie :P

Old Posted 05-08-2011, 08:28 PM Reply With Quote