Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #145  
Unfortunately another of the many wonderful games lost because the Sega Saturn didn't survive long in the USA. There was even a sequel I would have loved to play. There were 8 factions and the idea was to unite them all, sort of like how the game Brigandine on the PS1 was. However, battles were fought with a general on each side (with some fancy magic abilities) and 10-100 foot soldiers. Come to think of it the battles remind me a lot of an Idea Factory game on the PSP, Generations of Chaos. Dragon Force came first but thinking on it Generations of Chaos plays a LOT like Dragon Force.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-15-2011, 01:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
I don't think I even got far enough in Generation of Chaos to see the battle system, the strategic aspect put me off so much. Not even because it was bad, but because I didn't feel like beating my head against the wall trying to figure it out.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 06-15-2011, 01:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #147  
Generations of Chaos, unfortunately was pretty flawed :/ Just like in Dragon Force different troops had advantages against other troops but in Generations of Chaos you did not get to see your opponents troops until AFTER you chose yours, and if I remember, you couldn't retreat without retreating fully, so you had to either get lucky or lose a lot of troops just because of poor game mechanics. Now, the sequel to it, Aedis Eclipse, was far better made and had the same kind of battle system. At the very least I got a lot further in it. Neither of them quite lived up to Dragon Force though...which is why I spent so many hours upon hours on that game.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-15-2011, 01:13 AM Reply With Quote