Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wanderer
Default   #97  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death by Mirrors View Post
Anyone else spending an unreasonable amount of time on character creation? ^^
Depending on the game it can be so much fun to try all options.
Dude, spending four hours in CC is the norm for me, not even exaggerating.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-12-2019, 08:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Character creation is fun
So is building houses and then I get bored and stop playing the sims lol

quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
Kitalpha is a face again! 8O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
hart is now a face again. rejoice.

if you read this you owe me one aurum
Old Posted 08-13-2019, 12:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #99  
My sims houses are mostly downloaded. I love creating people, but far too lazy to build 'em homes.
Old Posted 08-13-2019, 06:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
I FORGOT IF I ALREADY POSTED HERE BUT I USUALLY PLAY AS MALE.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 08-13-2019, 12:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #101  
>:3 I pick male sometimes because I like the boy blue colors and being epic...But then again well, I typically pick female. :] I like to look harmless and dangerous at the same time. But sometimes I like masculine and handsome.. <:/ hmm...it depends.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 08-13-2019, 12:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
I'm Female, But My Avatars And Gaming Characters Can Vary Greatly From Female, Male, Or Genderfluid Depending On It's Story And The Options It Gives Me. Sometimes It's Like I'm Just Soft Of Inserting Myself Into The Game, But Often, I Like Creating A Character In A World And Really Just Building A Story Around Them.
I'm Just A Very Gay And Very Proud Cartoon Fan From The Big U.S. Of A, Although I Can Be Found On DragCave, MagiStream, Pixpets, And PokéFarm As Well As Plenty Of Other Sites. Speaking Of, Here's A Beautiful Blue Boy In Need Of Some Loving, If You Don't Mind..
Old Posted 12-23-2019, 01:01 AM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #103  
Both, but mostly female.
Old Posted 09-05-2022, 04:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Usually my go to is female characters but it really just depends on the game. I like playing as male as well will usually do at least one through of the game as each gender. Especially if there are different romance options. One of my goals in RPGs is to bang romance every character possible lol sometimes you have to be a different gender to do that lol.
Old Posted 12-12-2022, 07:30 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #105  
It depends for me, though I like making male characters it seems. xD

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 12-12-2022, 11:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Kind of depends on the game and why I'm playing it.

I'm never going to decide which game to play based on the gender of the player character. Frankly I can't even wrap my head around the notion that people do.

If it's a multiplayer game that I'm playing with my wife and there's no mechanical difference between the male and female characters, I always play the male character and she always plays the female character. It's just less confusing that way. She also likes to imagine ourselves in the game world, which is harder to do when there's a mismatch.

If there IS a mechanical difference, I'll play whichever character better fits the play style I'm in the mood for. (For example, in Overwatch, I play the female tanks way more often than the male ones, but I prefer to play with the male healers.)

If there's no mechanical difference in a single-player game, it really depends on the character designs and how many times I've played through the game before. With multiple playthroughs I try to vary things up.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-15-2022, 03:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #107  
~For me it depends. Sometimes it's for preference. Like in Ark I play a gal because I didn't want to shave a beard every 5 seconds. For DW III I play female because there's a certain area you can get into that makes aren't allowed. It's not like you get anything except extra dialogue but it's interesting. Sometimes I play a guy. It all depends. ~

Anyone want my stuff?
Old Posted 12-17-2022, 11:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
I am a woman but usually play as a male character. A lot of female characters in video games are heavily sexualized so I don't want to play them. Though in CSGO I play male because I like Sir Bloody Darryl's voice lines.
Old Posted 01-22-2023, 05:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Tasty Zucchini!
Default   #109  
It doesn’t really matter to me. I’ve played as male and female characters in games before, both in ones with a set protagonist and on avatar forum sites like this one.
Old Posted 01-09-2024, 02:45 PM Reply With Quote