Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pocket Demon Ninja
Default Puzzle & Dragons   #1  

Award Winning #1 Japanese Puzzle RPG! Adventure meets dynamic puzzle gameplay! Explore dungeons with Monsters and Friends! The #1 social puzzle role-playing game from Japan is now available in the US, CA & EU!
Languages: English
Category: Puzzle / RPG
Released: Nov 08, 2012 ( NA ) / Dec 4, 2013 ( EU )
Price: Free

Developer:
GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc.
Platform:
North America
iOS 5.1 or later AppleStore

Android 2.3 to 4.4 Google Play

Europe
iOS 5.0+ AppStore

America: To get the kindle version you have to be 'ON' your kindle device and search Puzzle and Dragons. The game is in Japanese and like the 3ds game it comes with a second game called PADW. You don't need to know Japanese to play it, it is very easy to figure out and if you need help let me know I'll help you.
If you want the english version of PAD on your kindle, you need Mobile 1 to get it. Be warned the game's touch screen is off a little so it's harder to play the english version on the kindle.

Helpful Links and sites for PAD Users.
Newbie Guide
PAD Fansite, best place for monster info
PAD Herder, Keeps good track of your monsters and what you'll need to evolve them.

There is a APP called PADGuide that is similar to PADHerder. just head to Mobile 1 or Google Play (i think its on iTunes as well for those with iOS)

Game Codes
PAD - Mobile
353,065,372: Demonskid
334,969,324: ML1201
339,451,389: Illusion
385,483,282: Coda
372,874,364: Reyoki
362,570,373: Espy
323,009,341: NickJR
301,207,457: SparX
369,203,461: SekeNeko
~~PADZ - 3DS
2750-1105-2873: Demonskid
~~
~~
~~
~~PAD\PADW - Kindle/Jap Only
317,117,515: Demonskid
~~
~~

Special Dungeon Boss Drop %
Mythical
Legend
Master
Expert
Int
Novice
~~{100%}
{100%} (40% if Mythical is available)
{40%}
{5%}
{4%} (2% if Novice isn't available)
{2%}
Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzledragonx
In normal dungeons, rare monsters have approximately a 2-5% drop rate based on player experience. The rate may be slightly higher for harder difficulty tiers. For end game bosses, the estimated drop chance per difficulty is: Mythical 100%, Legend 100% ( 40% If a Mythical Dungeon is available ), Master ~40%, Expert ~5%, Adept ~2%.

Monster Point List
Quote:
50,000 MP = Godfest Exclusive 6-stars
15,000 MP = Godfest Exclusive 5-stars
5,000 MP = REM 5-stars
3,000 MP = REM 4-stars
10 MP = Descended bosses
5 MP = Other bosses, such as biweekly dragons

Special cases:
15,000 MP = Red Guan Yu, Light Zhuge Liang, 6* color REM Valkyries
5,000 MP = Green Guan Yu, Green Zhuge Liang, Apocalypse
1,000 MP = Anniversary Tamadra

Normal Collab (no 6 or 7 stars):
3,000 MP = 4-stars
5,000 MP = 5-stars

Collab with 6-stars max (FF collab)
3,000 MP = 4-stars
4,000 MP = 5-stars
5,000 MP = 6-stars

Collab with 7-star max (PAD Academy, PAD Island, etc)
3,000 MP = 4-stars
5,000 MP = 5-stars
6,000 MP = 6-stars
15,000 MP = 7-stars

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Last edited by Demonskid; 04-07-2016 at 12:14 PM.
Old Posted 05-08-2015, 04:51 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
This game is sort of my bad addiction...

I'm rank 132, and I'm slowly ultimate evolving a bunch of my monsters... My friend was real big on this game and got me into it. It's very addicting.

My ID is: 339,451,389

edit:

You should keep restarting your game until you get a good first roll from the egg machine. Read this guide here:
http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/New_Players%27_Guide

Your still very early on, and if you don't have a good beginning monster your just making it harder on yourself at the beginning. This game turns on you fast.

Just focus on leveling up, and on the weekends once you reach it play Tower of Giants: Dragons of the Tower over and over again until you reach rank 90. The dungeon is self-efficient on the weekends when the cost is half you keep leveling up via your energy cost as long you solely play it until rank 90 area.

Save all your magic stones until GodFest (which is every two weeks, we just had one last week so next week or the week after we should be getting one) Because then you have a higher chance at a very good monster. (It's normally recommended to keep remaking your account at Godfest so you can keep trying those Rare Egg machine rolls for a good starter. That and all 3 Sonia's which are great starters, and Norns are Godfest exclusive only.

Oh and this site is your best friend: http://puzzledragonx.com/

Until level 90, don't bother taking on any dungeons that cost 10 energy or more.

... What am I doing with my life....

Last edited by Illusion; 05-08-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old Posted 05-08-2015, 09:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #3  
I'm rank 193. My FC is 385,483,282.

PDX is a good site but I also recommend the PadGuide app. It's more convenient than the website and it also provides push notifications for urgent dungeons and other special events like 1.5x drop rate periods.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to consistently beat Keeper of Gold on Tuesdays...

Edit: Also: I've got three copies of PADZ/PADSMB preordered. >.>

Also also: I have the PAD artbook and the PADZ artbook.

Also also also: I have a pretty statue of Athena.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-08-2015, 10:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
o3o 3 copies.. my bday is next month x'D

ouo illu plays too! kewl

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Last edited by Demonskid; 05-08-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old Posted 05-08-2015, 10:52 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
I'm rank 193. My FC is 385,483,282.

PDX is a good site but I also recommend the PadGuide app. It's more convenient than the website and it also provides push notifications for urgent dungeons and other special events like 1.5x drop rate periods.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to consistently beat Keeper of Gold on Tuesdays...

Edit: Also: I've got three copies of PADZ/PADSMB preordered. >.>

Also also: I have the PAD artbook and the PADZ artbook.

Also also also: I have a pretty statue of Athena.
Depending on your monsters, anything over level 50 with a mono color team that can wipe them. I'm still too weak to take him out.

Oh and Coda should add me ^^^^ My strongest monster is my Ultimate Evolved Odin with his level maxed (working on his Awakenings.) A lot of people don't have people with him as a friend so I have him set as my first leader, and I'm currently putting together/farming with my Ronia team. I'm planning on working on my Blonia team afterwards, than my Green Urn, then Red Urn, and whenever the Divine Flowers get their ultimate evolutions I'll jump immediately towards that. But currently I just need one team at max level so I can get to the other dungeons and do my first descend.

edit: I also have PADZ/SSMBPAD preordered.
Wait.. Coda why did you pre-order 3? One for your wife, one for you, and one for... What?

Old Posted 05-08-2015, 11:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
For his son. =p he and moony have a mini-coda running around xD

I USED YOUR ODIN! x3 it was all -pinky flick- yea you are no match for me yo

saving up to move so i can't pre-order anything till after i move

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 05-08-2015, 11:24 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonskid View Post
For his son. =p he and moony have a mini-coda running around xD

I USED YOUR ODIN! x3 it was all -pinky flick- yea you are no match for me yo

saving up to move so i can't pre-order anything till after i move
Lol.

He is a defensive monster which a awesome light attack skill that heals.
The pinnacle of a Tank.

A lot of people hates Odin because he's slow, but he gets a lot of the jobs done. Awesome for farming for evolution parts.

Old Posted 05-08-2015, 12:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
i'm still getting use to the game, need to wait for my stamina to recharge so i'm playing PADW on my kindle.. x3 the little Tama's are so cute

so my first dragon from the egg machine they have you do as part of the tutorial was a Green Sky Fruit, Melon Dragon

Level 6.. can't use it yet but its adorable.

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Last edited by Demonskid; 05-08-2015 at 01:08 PM.
Old Posted 05-08-2015, 12:50 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #9  
Quote:
i'm still getting use to the game, need to wait for my stamina to recharge so i'm playing PADW on my kindle.. x3 the little Tama's are so cute

so my first dragon from the egg machine they have you do as part of the tutorial was a Green Sky Fruit, Melon Dragon

Level 6.. can't use it yet but its adorable.
That is a terrible monster to start with, I highly recommend to keep deleting and redownloading the game to do the tutorial for a better monster.

Any of the fruit dragons, toy dragons, and so on are not good monsters. Some of them are okay later on in the game to fill a spot that needs filling on your team because of their low cost, but you shouldn't start with it.

Old Posted 05-08-2015, 01:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
xD I'm too lazy to do all that just for a good start

that and my phone wouldn't like it either. LG Optimus Dynamic II's have very little storage space to constantly download and uninstall then clean then download again

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 05-08-2015, 01:24 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #11  
Quote:
xD I'm too lazy to do all that just for a good start

that and my phone wouldn't like it either. LG Optimus Dynamic II's have very little storage space to constantly download and uninstall then clean then download again
But a good monster would take you all the way to end game. (And potentially save you the temptation to spend money later because you might not have good monsters.)

Old Posted 05-08-2015, 01:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
meh what money can't spend money you don't have.

it's no fun if there's no struggle. ouo i'll be fine

i also have the game on my kindle, which got cinderalla as its first egg machine pet.

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 05-08-2015, 01:29 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #13  
Quote:
meh what money can't spend money you don't have.

it's no fun if there's no struggle. ouo i'll be fine

i also have the game on my kindle, which got cinderalla as its first egg machine pet.
There's a struggle with the best monsters, after rank 20 this game will always be against you.
Cinderella.. *Shutters*

Chinese Celestrials are best Waifu's (I have all of them <3)

Old Posted 05-08-2015, 01:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
yea i'm not too thrilled on cinderella so i might delete the kindle game version (kindle wasn't stingy on storage space so i can do it on that)

ME AGAINST THE WORLD! 8D Thats how I like it <3

I'm sure my pal coins or what ever will help me get some good ones eventually ^-^

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 05-08-2015, 01:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #15  
I didn't find it particularly important to reroll the REM that much. I mean, I got an Ice Golem my first pull, and I still have it. :P (That is, in fact, why I need Keepers of Gold.)

Odin doesn't suck because he's slow. Odin sucks because his ability doesn't work in technical dungeons or against multiple monsters. Descended dungeon monsters pack multi-hit attacks specifically to MAKE Odin suck. He's got his uses (Starlight Sanctuary), but he's very situational.

Quote:
Depending on your monsters, anything over level 50 with a mono color team that can wipe them. I'm still too weak to take him out.
Level 50? Dude. My team is 85/99/99/99/99/99, mono-water, 25xATK leader skills, and enough gravity to knock the Keeper down into being fire-element before I start attacking, and I STILL can't pull it off.

Keeper of Rainbow on the other hand I've been able to one-shot with my healer team for months.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-08-2015, 02:24 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Dang, you guys just went right at it! I'll post my code later because I have to get ready to play some tennis soon with a friend and too lazy to get my phone out right now. XD

In regards to the restarting thing, since there are some events and stuff they will give the magic gems to you for you don't really need to do that, just save some gems to do that occasionally and you can get some good monsters from that. I'm personally just trying to evolve the ones I have right now and then got the gem ones and use the gems to get my capacity to 200. I'm at about 160 right now or so. x'D

Old Posted 05-08-2015, 04:58 PM Reply With Quote