Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default   #33  
Thanks Kyp. Now I really want to paint something in acrylic but I don't know what. :p. What do I do?
Old Posted 06-17-2011, 05:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
A FOX! Haha, just kidding~

And, Echo, your art is not out of the norm. There's just improvement to be made (need critiques?)

And I've been changing my style drastically since last year.
http://fireofthefox.deviantart.com/ <--doesn't have any recent traditional art.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-17-2011, 12:38 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #35  
I'm beginning to wonder if we need a thread somewhere of Deviant art profiles for Trisphites. Seems there are many DA types here.
Old Posted 06-18-2011, 12:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Derp
I tend to pop back and forth from different styles like all the time. I have no main technique, BUT, I do try to draw anime/manga like, and end up failing at it xD
Questing for..;
Red hair.

Quest thread link~

[/is officially going to try to get 1k of posts]
Old Posted 06-18-2011, 11:24 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #37  
I actually got a book on drawing comic styles since I'm not good at it naturally. I actually grabbed a book on Manhwa because I found I liked the style a little better than Manga; less outrageous at times. It's a good book so far, though I've only tried something from his once: my avatar on my DA account.
Old Posted 06-18-2011, 09:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
I used to want to imitate people a lot. I would see art, and then try to imitate it. After a while, I realized that the art I was seeing was all anime, and that it was beginning to mess with my perception of the world. Since then, I've been using real people as reference and have slowly been improving, sometimes with massive shoots towards what I'd like to be categorized as-- cartoon realism.
Old Posted 06-22-2011, 06:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #39  
Ooh, paint. I hardly have the chance to use it, but it's fun. I don't like oils... they're messy and just... I don't like using thick paint. Watercolors are too thin for me, as well. I like me some acrylics.

My drawings and digital stuff can be seen at facemeetspalm.deviantart.com. Most of my stuff is a few months old.
Old Posted 06-22-2011, 06:53 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I usually draw by getting myself inspired by many style, but I never really draw like any in particular, I guess I have a...mixed-up style?

When sketching/drawing via HB pencil or wacom tablet I usually tend to use the anime style more, or the chibified style, but when painting via acylic paint I tend more to use a realistic style or a 'anime style with more shading etc therefore making the character look more 3D' style.
Old Posted 06-23-2011, 09:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #41  
For every artist no matter their style- even cartoonist- you must practice perspective. I like drawing people so it'd be good if I did a dedicated study on anatomy ;>>

While my growth as been undeniably SLOW I do tend to draw anatomy a certain way. As well as prefer sketchy lines to clean ones (even when I idraw traditionally). Using other art styles as Inspiration is good though, and a good way to stretch your super powers ;D

For example I tried some vector...failed miserably that I don't want to try again xD Knowing me I probably will anyways p=
Old Posted 06-24-2011, 12:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Self-proclaimed Non-Conversationalist
It seems that a lot of people have hodgepodge of styles as well! ^_^

I guess that's all what it boils down to. Altered derivation. *nods*

It's good to see that quite a few people are trying to comes up with their own styles... I only think style copying is good for a reference point... but if that's all you do then.. why would someone choose you if someone else is doing the exact same thing? And probably better since they created it?

Lucid loves Duchess and takes her signature virginity. <3
Ashy refuses to share Duchess with anyone D:<

Duchess is idol TRASH
Feel free to bully me about it

Old Posted 06-24-2011, 07:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #43  
My art is usually anime style... but it doesn't copy a specific anime or manga.
It's sort of my own spin on anime style.
Thought sometimes I like to mix it up and draw more realistic people.
Old Posted 07-03-2011, 08:58 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
I use Paint tool sai and paint.net for the backgrounds and I have some speed paints on youtube

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 07-15-2011, 09:14 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #45  
I love drawing with grey lead pencil and shading. I can't for the hell of me draw faces properly or just people in general, but I can draw certain parts like hands with a lot of detail if I really enjoy it. If I get bored, I tend to rush the drawing and it turns out bad, but if it's something I'm enjoying, I spend more time shading it and making it better :)

I also like drawing my own things. I usually get inspired by rping with my friend ^^
Old Posted 07-15-2011, 11:47 PM Reply With Quote  
I see you
I do have a style of my own. I don't think I've seen anything all that much like it before, and I'm rather proud of that...
Not that it's that great though.

I value having my own style because it's original. I don't really see the art of copying. That would be like tracing, which is just not art... To me, art is expressing yourself and how you see the world, not imitating someone else's view.
~Obsessed with Farscape~
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 01:07 AM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #47  
My hard spots is the hand dangling on something or like hand on hips thing, the feet gets me too especially the back part of it

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 02:33 PM Reply With Quote  
I see you
@Echo-chan; This may sound weird but I loooooove drawing hands and feet, even though they're a challenge. Especially hands, they're so much fun. xD
~Obsessed with Farscape~
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 04:08 PM Reply With Quote