Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #17  
My very first inspiration to draw the way I used to was from Sailor Moon I had these large heads then the body's were super skinny, then it was Ouran to proportion the bodies right, then Hetalia got into the whole one strand of hair sticking out and that's all I can think of.

During that time when I was heavly into soul eater but not really drawing fanarts of them I learned to use circles and lines as guidlines to fill in when I do the body's right.

And this is how it comes up to be

www.shinatty-kitty-1991.deviantart.com

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 05-22-2011, 06:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
It's a good question, of course I'm thinking in terms of photography since I can't draw well. To put it simply, I often find inspiration hard to come by unless it comes from without. That's to say, I'm (so far) better motivated and excited by what I see others doing. And not WHAT they're taking pitcures of necessarily, but HOW they're snapping. Because that's the art. For me, it's about what story can I tell behind an image, even if it's of someone making faces or doing something cooky. We are all inspiration to each other, and if not, then the planet around us is. Right now, I dislike most of what I've produced because I've been creating off poor understanding of the camera mechanics. So it is with you who draw and sculpt, paint, sing, dance, etc. If you plow through long enough, you'll eventually come out with something that maybe only you do, or that only YOU make incredible.

That day I'm waiting for, is what makes all the frustration worth it, I hope. ^^;
Old Posted 05-26-2011, 04:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #19  
Merg this is something we spend days talking about in school. From what I've learned it will come to you. I am sad that I can't draw in a popular style like manga because then people don't usually buy my art work, especially since its not digial.
Old Posted 05-27-2011, 01:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
I would rather have a unique and identifying style than copy someone else's but that doesn't mean I can't learn things from other people's styles. :3 Like, I really liked the The World Ends With You (a game for the DS) art style with all the black shading so I experimented with that and made something like that for my own.

I think it can be helpful to try out other people's art styles to learn new things but you just gotta be careful to not lose yourself. Over the past year or 2, I got really obsessed with drawing in other people's styles trying to make them my own but I learned (from some advice from Blaine. Cx) that that's backwards. So now I'm back on the road to finding my own style naturally.

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Old Posted 05-27-2011, 08:32 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #21  
Everyone keeps saying that my style is from America since I live in America, but I got one of my artist inspiration were from Canada so I got my style to go Canadian.

So I say that my style is Canadian even though I'm an American

OBBIE'S twin sister
Old Posted 05-28-2011, 03:45 AM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
I think my style actually evolved from copying others. And while I still think I have a long way to go to get a distinct "style" I think I've been making progress a lot lately.
Old Posted 05-29-2011, 12:38 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #23  
I used to do was to find a Sailor moon anime original artwork and I would take a piece of paper and use the light monitor as a tracing light and traced it from there oTL

OBBIE'S twin sister
Old Posted 05-29-2011, 10:17 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
I usually just take one thing, like the way they draw the nose, or address the hair, etc.
Old Posted 05-30-2011, 10:52 AM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Default   #25  
When I first learned to draw, i used imitation
however I enjoy my own style as well, however, it is one I need and want to improve

↳↓-will accept art requests-↓↲
Old Posted 05-30-2011, 02:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee

I tend to have a sketchy style. Anything else looks horrible. I don't draw much.

Old Posted 05-30-2011, 04:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Morning Star
Default   #27  
Copying is good in it's own right for practice but it is always good to find your own style.

Old Posted 05-30-2011, 08:51 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
I feel like my style is weird and out of norm...or in another words, not good enough

OBBIE'S twin sister
Old Posted 05-31-2011, 02:24 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #29  
I love your Deviant ID Echo. Looks great. :).

I don't think I have much of a drawing style, probably because I tend to copy other images than draw my own. I'm still playing around with some stuff now and then. I too wasn't always fond with what I draw and wanted a style that was more like other people or more like anime at one point. I think in part style is something that is accepted as much as gained. I may not always have been happy with what I was doing but it did look to me like something I did.

I think I have more of a painting style because my free form watercolours are something I do without references to outside sources, or without concious outside sources. I'm not actively referring to anything when I do them.

My account is here. http://jesterseven.deviantart.com/
It's mostly writing but my paintings are there too. Sketches and pencil work are in scraps for the most part.
Old Posted 06-12-2011, 04:44 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
I'm still trying to flesh mine out. I'm trying to focus on realism and the basics but am drawn into the fantastical and the animated.
I would say my style right now is somewhere between American comic-books and anime/chibi.
There is still a lot of room for improvement pencil-wise, and I've taken quite a liking to acrylic paint.
Old Posted 06-16-2011, 11:57 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #31  
I like acrylic too. It's been ages since I've done anything significant with it. I've gotten to be a very lazy painter working with water colours. I hardly bother to mix paints anymore, I just layer them on the canvas. I did a large painting for art class in acrylic. It took me about 1 hour to paint a section the size of a postcard or so, depending on detail. It was fun though. I was proud of myself because I painted a specific showdog in the work and my sister was able to recognize him in the painting.
Old Posted 06-17-2011, 05:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Wild Tiger
I like to think my style (especially colouring) is unique.
At least on the site I always use for uploading my artworks. (:

Old Posted 06-17-2011, 05:06 AM Reply With Quote