Not Logged In

Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #65  
Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters for everyone! :D
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 10-30-2015, 03:06 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Bahahahaha!

Ugh, that made my head spin.

I'll be reading some Agatha Christie sometime soon. Maybe I'll be able to put up a good review here. It's definitely good reading, or at least the first books of this series are.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-30-2015, 03:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #67  
If Comic books count in this thread, I am under the impression that the world needs to devour Saga by Brian Vaughan and Fiona Staples.
Old Posted 11-07-2015, 03:31 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I would say that they do. I already put up Watchmen, as well as Arrival which is entirely illustrated with no words at all.

I think I know of Saga. That the one with the pair of outcasts of sorts? If I recall, one of them has horns. (Thinking of the illustrations, because I don't recall what it was actually about.)
Old Posted 11-08-2015, 07:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #69  
Yes, its about two people on opposing sides that meet, fall in love and unlike Romeo and Juliet actually live long enough to have a child. The story has an interesting cast of characters even if the premise is very simple.
Old Posted 11-20-2015, 10:16 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
I read book five of 'Saga' the other day. I really wish they'd put ratings on more things. *felt a need of brain bleach*
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-21-2015, 06:39 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #71  
Saw an issue sitting on the "look here!" table at my bookstore and leafed through it. Not really sure how I feel about maybe reading it since the art, while really good, I'm a little sheepish of, I think. I'm not much of a comic person though. Reading something in my head I can imagine as much or as little as I like.
Old Posted 11-24-2015, 01:46 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
This was the display table too.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-24-2015, 07:56 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #73  
Dear me, I forgot to update this thing!

We're on number 39 now. I could suggest something but my current good book is already up there and it's big. Might be a while before something else comes to mind.

So what else to people think others should read?
Old Posted 07-16-2016, 02:27 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
'The Victorian City' by Judith Flanders. It's a history book about London in Dickons' time, and I've learnt a lot from it.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-16-2016, 05:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #75  
Whipping Boy: Search For My 12 Year Old Bully by Allen Kurtzweil

He tells a compelling story about his family and how he was bullied at a Switzerland school.
Ruff..
Old Posted 01-10-2017, 01:32 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Updated!

I could put something here myself but I'm still on the same book, and the one's I've read recently aren't what I'd call awesome.
Old Posted 01-22-2017, 04:13 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #77  
41. Death By Video Game (Simon Parkin)

Okay, I'm only half way through actually, but I am so far very much enjoying this book from an academic perspective, as well as from that of a gamer. The book begin with the story of how a young man was found dead in an internet cafe, but the focus of the book is not how it is that people actually do die from playing video games but from what it is about games that puts us in a position that we risk our own health to such a degree. The tone of the book is neutral, and so far it's fascinating. It's still new enough to reference some things like Gamergate and early development of No Man's Sky, but the extra couple years of time that's passed (book was written in 2015) allow for a window to consider how the points made apply to the newest game releases.
Old Posted 07-20-2017, 02:28 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
42:

'reMIND', by Jason Brubaker. He's the guy who did illustration work on movies like 'Kung Fu Panda', and this story is the work that got him the job. It's funny, light hearted, serious, and REALLY well drawn in an interesting cartoony way.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-20-2017, 04:51 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #79  
43. "Puddle Pug" - Kim Norman

It's so cute!

That's it. That's the only reason why. We're done here.

;)
Old Posted 02-09-2019, 07:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
44. Good Omens- Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
The best book I've ever read and I've read some bangers. If you love stories about the apocalypse, the spanish inquisition, sarcasm, and an angel and a demon having a drunken existential crisis, this is the book for you!
Old Posted 03-01-2019, 08:25 PM Reply With Quote