Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #177  
My recommendation: Go for it. You would NOT be the first AFAB person to use drag as a way to express masculinity. It's not appropriation if you're already part of that culture -- and you are. The last thing the non-gender-normative community needs is artificial lines drawn to segregate parts of the community from itself, when we've been trying so hard to bring them together.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-14-2018, 12:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
actually, i was wanting more to do the over-exaggerated femininity of the Drag Queens. and there turns out to be a term for a female doing that. Faux Queen. I'mma be a motherfuckin' glamazon Faux Queen.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 12-14-2018, 08:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #179  
I knew that's what you meant and that's exactly what I was talking about. The overexaggerated femininity of drag queens ends up emphasizing masculinity because that's the cultural association people have with drag queens.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-15-2018, 12:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I hate when people ("friends") think they're being "funny" by making jokes about my asexuality. Like how I'll find a man (or woman) and move away and have a family and leave them all alone when I get my life together. Or "joke" about how I just am not interested in them, as though I am actually interested in all other men.
Like....we've been over this a million times and I am not amused.
Old Posted 12-15-2018, 12:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #181  
(:D Oh! A fellow Ace! What a surprise! I sympathize yo. -_- Why is it so hard to grasp that I don't crush on anything but The Twilight Zone???)

Ahhhhhhhh >n< I don't wanna get sick but I think I'm getting sick! ;-; I've been infected...

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 12-15-2018, 01:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
And the concept of "I can still find men and women visually appealing without wanting them" seems to be extremely difficult.
Old Posted 12-15-2018, 03:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #183  
Same! >.< Ugh, mega big feels! When I see shirtless buff men, all I think about is how awesome they must be at everything, like, champion yo. Not, "Oh wow, what a hunk! I'd tap that." I only wish I had some muscles like that... ;u; and can lift a frickin' couch. But I have snowman arms. xD

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 12-15-2018, 07:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
*throws a party for their fellow Aces* I'm a bit more complicated, because I'm also Demipanromantic.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 12-15-2018, 08:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #185  
That sounds...potentially very complicated. What is demipanromantic? (I'm too lazy to look it up myself.)
Old Posted 12-15-2018, 09:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Lol...my train of thought sometimes...
*sees the word party* -> will there be cake? -> *thinks about the cake called "better than sex cake"* -> but every cake is better than sex for asexuals...
Old Posted 12-15-2018, 09:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #187  
It's a combination of "demiromantic" (only finds romantic attraction in people once they've already established a close bond otherwise) and "panromantic" (has no gender preference in romantic relationships).

Old Posted 12-15-2018, 09:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Cake is better than sex.
People who doubt that just never had really good cake.
Old Posted 12-16-2018, 04:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #189  
I'm not that much of a sweet-tooth and yet cake is still the best thing I love to bake! x) Not in a million years would sex ever top cake!

Old Posted 12-16-2018, 04:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Thanks Coda!

Ahhhh...I kinda want to make cake now, but I don't have all the stuff for it. Probably will just stick with my original plan and do sugar cookies today. Just gotta clear off a table and wash a few things.
Old Posted 12-16-2018, 02:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #191  
Fuck. Just got up and discovered that I accidentally left a skein of yarn out. And now it's a mess of yarn. And part of it has been chewed through, but I can't tell if it was only chewed through or if Batty actually managed to eat some of it.
I'm so mad at myself right now for not double-checking before going to bed!
Old Posted 12-16-2018, 02:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
My Achilles finally calmed down enough to let me do at least a tiny bit of walking to look for decorations. But clearance sales already started apparently, so most things have been cleared out.

Got my dog a new toy and she absolutely loves it, at least.
Old Posted 12-16-2018, 04:22 PM Reply With Quote