Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixelist
Default   #1233  
shrugs, gestures vaguely.

everything is chemicals at the end of the day. absolutely everything. not a single one of us can escape from the chemical.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 10-25-2019, 08:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Daily awful: actually everything
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-25-2019, 08:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1235  
I have a trigger. It's a trigger I've known about for a long time, but by its very nature it's something that's exceptionally hard to deal with. Most other triggers are just difficult because it's traumatic, which certainly isn't to be understated, but the trigger is separate from the response to it.

My trigger is helplessness.

It is exactly when I'm in a bad situation that I can't do anything about that I have a complete meltdown. Which, of course, is a situation I'm helpless to deal with by the very nature that I'm in the middle of a meltdown. It can spiral into an panic attack very quickly.

Even worse is when the original situation is something that I would normally be able to resolve, but I'm not ALLOWED to do something about it. That's a special kind of stress. Wikipedia's article on double binds is exceptionally insightful here.

I also... don't deal with panic attacks very well. I mean, the whole idea behind a panic attack is that it's something that you can't deal with, but I turn into an incoherent babbling mess, not fully able to express anything, hyperventilating, alternating between paralysis and flailing violence (thankfully my fundamental aversion to hurting people makes it so that even in this state I've never attacked anyone, and I usually manage to avoid damaging anything). This time around I was pounding on the floor screaming for help because I couldn't breathe. I think I may have bruised my hands...

I guess in the end I'm grateful that the circumstances necessary to put me in this state are rare enough that I've only had this happen... I think four times in my life?
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-25-2019, 09:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
I can't help but wonder if I might have turned out happier with my life and would like myself better, if I was unremarkably stupid, instead of being... >n>? however intelligent I actually am. </3
Most likely, yes. And you would have made history.

...but also I wouldn't like you that much. Stupid people are a pest to spend time with.
Old Posted 10-26-2019, 02:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1237  
at least you've figured out that it's a trigger for you, coda.

spoilered for mentions of incest. it's gross.

endless frustration.

Old Posted 10-26-2019, 12:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Daily Awful: ;U; Once again, I have work to do all day today, and I know I'm going to have to struggle with taking care of myself, and trying to get work done at the same time...

@DbM: Sometimes more than a pest to spend time with. <x'} *refers to the current orange president child*
<u<; When encountering such a person, I struggle to keep my mouth shut, and keep my composure. Ignorance truly must be bliss, because I've never seen an idiot go about without a smile on their face.
o_o Maybe this is why children are always cheerful..when I was little and didn't know much of anything, I loved life. :/ Well, most of the time, until I learned better, and realized I wasn't that special after all. x} But at least there was always playing with hand-puppets on my own, after being ostracized from the other kids...>n> *eyes my two rubber t-rex hand puppets in my drawer* ..hm...I have work to do, but...

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 10-26-2019, 01:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1239  
unsanitary //

Old Posted 10-26-2019, 03:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Ugh...I've been there. ;_; *sympathizes across the pond*

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 10-26-2019, 03:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #1241  
Oh yeah. Once he manages to build that wall, make sure he's on the other side of it and can't get back in. (Sorry, Mexico)
Old Posted 10-26-2019, 05:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
My Daily Awful;

So... Someone I love and cared about told me the other day that he really didn't see me as even a "person" to him anymore. Like, he pretty much said to me, "You're like.. a slave to me. You do whatever I want and I don't have to ask twice and if you say anything out of line, I'll b*tch slap you and do whatever I want anyway. So... yeah. You're not a person to me anymore."

Granted, I kinda figured that's how he felt about me... It just felt weird to hear him voice it.
And also like... I put my own self in this situation. I've got no one to blame but myself...
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 10-26-2019, 08:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #1243  
Dump that guy. You'll find others who value you more.
Old Posted 10-27-2019, 04:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Yeet him out a fifth story window. It’s a good idea. Endorsed by me, Espy, creator of wonderful ideas.

Daily awful: -screaming-
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-27-2019, 05:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixel Gremlin
Default   #1245  
tw trans bullshit

Last edited by Francisco; 10-27-2019 at 05:26 AM.
Old Posted 10-27-2019, 05:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Tell those freaks you're more of a man than they'll ever be yet still more of a woman they'll ever get. Then throw them out of the same fifth story window suggested by Espy. 'Cause you deserve better, and you will find better.
Old Posted 10-27-2019, 05:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixel Gremlin
Default   #1247  
Can we call it the bigot window?
Old Posted 10-27-2019, 06:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Dude, you can call it anything you like. Just be sure to put a huge blinking arrow next to it, so everyone else dealing with stupid (wannabe) partners will find it. ;-)
Old Posted 10-27-2019, 07:04 AM Reply With Quote