Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Ho! Miscreant!
Default 1x1 [Vincent & Kenai] The Rose That Never Was   #1  
I have no idea what the rose is but it could be lots of things and it sounds Kingdom Hearts related so it's justified!

The general guideline of this plot is that the world that never was...well I don't know. But for some reason bits of it end up at a tourist spot (ie tools, building pieces, information). A beach to be exact. It already has a Derelict Balamb Garden that people can't remember when it got there but presume it's always been there afterall how do you NOT notice that thing in the mountains?

Unfortunately all that wreckage brought something else from the world that never was: nobodies and heartless!
Old Posted 04-03-2014, 10:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
.: Katai :.

.: Weapon :.
Scythe Master
Uses a Walking Stick before the scythe

.: Magic :.
Trap Spells
Knockback Spells

.: Appearance :.
Light colored skin hinting at an asian descent. His eyes are a light icy blue and his hair long and jet black. The young man stands about 5"7' with a thin yet fit build.

.: History :.
Born and raised in a tourist and port town along a mountainous coast. The area is rich with life except further west, behind the mountains, where miles of desert cuts them off from the rest of the world. He works at a restaurant as an underling chef although on the head chef's days of he leads the kitchen. He's usually calm and level-headed. To most he appears cold and aloof but in his own way cares very deeply for people. The spells he knows seems unusual except he is also an adventurous soul who loves exploring the untamed mountains in particular. Thus learned a number of protective, aggressive, and survival spells.

I think my profile is done?
Last edited by Kenai; 04-04-2014 at 01:40 AM.
Old Posted 04-03-2014, 10:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Seeker of Souls
Default   #3  
Allrighty then. O-O
:: Croire ::

:Weapon:
Keyblade

:Magic:
Magic of Illusions

:Appearence:
Pale blonde medium length hair that crosses over his face slightly, with bright green eyes. He has a medium skin-tone. He stands about 5'9 with a slim figure.

:History:
Last edited by Vincent; 04-06-2014 at 05:02 PM.
Old Posted 04-03-2014, 10:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
"AND TAKE THE TRASH OUT WITH YOU!" The man bellowing from inside the kitchen looked fat but still had thick muscles from under it from his younger days, he was bald, and had a think brown beard.

Katai just gave him a crooked smile and threw the spatula he was holding at the man. "Yeah, yeah I got it boss. Just shut up and get to cooking already." Orcha was a hardcase but he's been in Katai's life since he was born. If any one else had said that the hot-blooded chef would have a butcher's knife to their throat before they could blink.

Katai himself was a fit young lad of average height but no matter how hard he tried his body refused to really bulk up. The muscle he had though showed and that probably annoyed him the most. The locals knew him and didn't persist too much but the tourist on the other hand...there was always another girl flirting with him like every hour during the tourist season.

The sun was going down, it wasn't going to set for a couple hours but clouds hugged the ocean horizon. The wash of reds, oranges, and a touch of pink was beautiful. Katai never really got tired of it. And despite it being warm the winds today made it feel a little chilly. Days like theses were a mercy when he could wear his black jacket and hide beneath his his hair and collar. It made him look brooding but Katai didn't care so long as he was left alone.

The young man's eyes moved away from his feet and gazed up at the dark blue sky. "huh" It was a falling star, 'I wish I could go explore new places'

By the next block it became a meteor shower. A beautiful one then suddenly a dark spot in the sky lit up. It wasn't a blinding light but it stood out, for a moment, brighter than the north star then dimmed til it was just a little brighter than its neighbors. The occurrences were fascinating but Katai was home and wanted nothing more than to plop down on the couch with the food he brought home and relax to the new Julia Heartilly CD he bought.

Just has he was about to take off his coat though Katai swore he saw movement in the shadows. Despite it being his own living room his instinct from years adventuring in the wild mountains kicked in. The lights were on in the room and he stood ready to cast a spell.

Katai could not have been ready for what he saw though. "What the hell are you?" His question was disregarded as the seemingly limbless being clothed in silvery white stretched...walked forward?

The door was shut, he dare not turn his back to an unknown enemy. He ran to the kitchen and then the creature swung at him! Katai made it to his staff quickly enough to place a knockback mine. The creature was none the wise to the undisguised heiroglyph and stepped right in only to be promptly tossed into the ceiling.

Katai was out the door in time to hear some screaming and sounds of fighting in the neighborhood. The meteor shower was very close now. It looked like bits and pieces were hitting the ground somewhere.

"This is not good."
Last edited by Kenai; 04-09-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old Posted 04-09-2014, 09:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Seeker of Souls
Default   #5  
(orcha reminds me of the cook from Chrono Cross, dunno if that's intentional or not. XD and side note; ho-ly hell. XD post.)

-THUNK- -THUNK-
It was another normal day for Croire. As usual, he spent a few hours of his time devoted to training away in his small house. Well, if one could even call the small messy area he lived in a house.
His training dummy stood isolated in a corner, while the wall around it was covered in various scratch marks for when he got a little carried away.

'Hrrrr...YAH!'
And with one final slash, he cleaved the dummy in half.
'Ha! That's the third one this week! Glad to see I'm finally getting better at this.'
He took a short walk into his kitchen area, rummaging around for a garbage bag. He then collected all the pieces and fragments of his now destroyed dummy, and headed to put it into the dumpster outside.
'I'm happy to finally be getting better, but it also seems to have a slight effect on my wallet... Maybe I should slow down on breaking these things a bit...'
As he closed the lid, he spotted a shooting star in the sky.
'Now, there's something you don't see everyday...'
'I wonder what I should wish for...'
He closed his eyes. After a few moments of thought, he sighed and turned to walk back into his house.
'I'll put that on hold, for now.' He said, with a laugh.

He didn't manage to get far. A few steps toward the house, and he heard a quiet noise in a nearby bush. He stopped, turning toward the bush, while at the same time, continuing towards his house. To his surprise, a figure leaped out at him from the bush!
'Gahh!'
He immediately ran back inside the house, and grabbed his Keyblade. He turned immediately towards his front door, waiting for the figure to follow him. And follow him it did, as it dashed straight for him, he swung at it with his blade, scoring a direct hit, and causing the strange creature to crumple into a pile on the floor.
'W-What the hell just happened?' Was all he could manage to get out, before noticing a shower of falling 'stars' outside his window.
Hey, hey you! I have places that need visiting! XD
My Hangout

My Quest Thread
Old Posted 04-09-2014, 11:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
[[Btw " are typically for words spoken aloud but you use ' instead. I want to confirm this is your style and I would also like to know what punctuation you use to signify internal thoughts so I can tell what Katai knows and what things only I know.]]

Katai heard someone nearby yell, by the time he reached the source of the yelp he saw one of the white figures run into his neighbor's house. He remembered the kid who lived there was about his age though the only other thing he knew about him was the racket that came sounded like sword practice. They didn't mean who ever ran in there though was that other kid, and that also didn't mean the kid was any good.

'W-What the hell just happened?'

Fortunately the kid really could fight, though the weapon he was holding seemed unusual. Katai could feel it...although he wasn't sure since his own training in magic was self-taught it seemed as if the key shaped sword was reacting to whatever was going on in the town.

"That was impressive." he strode to the window to look at the view. "I don't know what that" he pointed, "-is but do you hear the people? It sounds like they're dying. What do you say we kill more of these freaks before we're all that's left?"

Katai's voice was cold as iron, a deceptive calm betrayed by the fire in his eyes and the grip on his walking stick.
Old Posted 04-14-2014, 12:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Seeker of Souls
Default   #7  
(I'll.. probably use italics. I'll make the rest of my posts bold so you can easier identify the italics from the bold? :3 And yeah I'll just use ' instead of ", its slightly faster. XD)

Croire wiped the sweat off his brow before turning to the window to face the mysterious voice.
'Thanks...'
He looked at the weapon in his hand, then back at the guy in the window.

The less he knows about my weapon, and me, the better...

'I indeed hear them, and I agree. I assume you have some fighting experience, yourself?'

Croire then walked out of his house, shutting his door behind him and walking cautiously toward the other guy.

'My name is Croire. Might I ask your name before we head off?'
My Hangout

My Quest Thread
Last edited by Vincent; 05-04-2014 at 04:20 AM.
Old Posted 04-18-2014, 02:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
"Choire" he said tasting the name on his lips. "That's an interesting name. I'm Kenai. Combat isn't anything new to me either, just be careful not to step on my glyphs."

Around that moment Kenai saw a surviving group running towards them, or rather away from something else. The direction they were running was interesting considering that only the mountains were in this direction. How bad was it closer to town? He felt worried for Orcha and his other friends.

"All ready time to fight." Kenai was running towards the group's pursuers; which was a mix of two of the spindly humanoids they already fought and a flying one. His thorn trap was set and like idiots the humanoids stepped into it. It was a small trap though and only one got caught and lethally crushed in the embrace. He tried to sidestep and parry the attack of the next enemy its arm instead of swinging stretched out and pricked him with the pointy of its hand.

"Ow. These guys are to read. Choire can you take care of the flier for me?" The pause between attacks was enough time for the first trap he used tonight and the humanoid went flying through the air. Kenai's staff on the other hand came flying down on the creature's back with a satisfying introduction to its back.
Old Posted 04-19-2014, 05:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Seeker of Souls
Default   #9  
((Croire. XD If the name's that weird I can pick another one? o_o; I just thought of it off the top of my head. XD;; )

Croire looked around briefly.

Glyphs? I wonder what this kid does...

Croire caught notice of the small group of survivors as well, but his attention quickly shifted to the approaching enemies.
He saw one of the humanoids get caught into a trap of some sort. Seeing it's effectiveness, he reminded himself of Kenai's words of wisdom before, not to step on any glyphs.

'Can do.' Croire responded to Kenai, as he dashed toward the airborne enemy.

As he closed in, he conjured up an illusion of himself and sent it at the enemy quickly. The foe struck at the illusion but it burst into smoke the minute it got struck, and in the foe's confusion, Croire struck it hard with his keyblade with several skillful blows, leaving it in a crumpled heap on the floor.

'These guys are small fry. Heh. You alright over there, Kenai?'
My Hangout

My Quest Thread
Old Posted 04-24-2014, 03:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
{{That's up to you. I didn't mean to make you feel self-conscious about your name choice through Kenai! >3>

Also...boss fight! 8D
This Marluxia is nothing but a generated copy. I haven't decided exactly the means, whether he is like Xion or a computer generated memory. The difference is big, but it's not a detail you have to worry about. Just know that the end result of this though is Kenai gaining Marluxia's weapon and some of his memories. ^_^}}

Choire used an doppelganger illusion to attack his enemy. In the back of his mind he scowled at that magic.

Kenai rubbed his shoulder where the enemy had hit him. The wound was more magical than it was physical; he had never seen nor heard of anything like it. "Yeah, they're dodgy little twerps though." he cracked a smile.

The smile quickly faded when he felt something knock him down from behind. 'That's right they disappear when they're defeated.'

Kenai had the wind knocked out of him but nonetheless he turned and caught himself before kissing pavement. He was coughing, his guard was up though it was sadly weak. The creature moved forward again to take advantage of his position....then Kenai wasn't sure what happened next. There was a small explosion across the street, then light, and flowers, then suddenly the creature was on the ground. It disappeared like its comrades in a strange monochrome smoke.

The young man was as near recovered as he could be. They were flower petals all right and they swirled about a tall muscular man with long pink hair that somehow made all his typically effeminate traits look more masculine. He smiled a dark chilling smile at Kenai that ran through the young man, then his eyes shifted subtly to Chroie. He carried his scythe around with the ease someone could carry a loaf of bread.

"Intersting...so Sora wasn't the only keyblade master between worlds? And even better you're more pathetic than he was. You can call me Marluxia" the man walked past Kenai who let him pass without resistance.

"That Keyblade... The things that could be done with that sort of power..."

'Something about that man is wrong. Why did I let him by me?' he turned to see the man's back and an spell unknown to him being weaved together in his left hand. It was pink like the man's hair but it was tainted in darkness.

"NO!" Kenai reacted without thinking anything but to knock the man away from Choire before his spell could be cast. Unfortunately the direction he knocked Marluxia in was his own. Before he could react to the situation Kenai found himself crushed under the man's weight. He was pretty sure the thing sitting against his face was Marluxia's butt. 'ugh, disgusting'

"Pest!" Marluxia was, obviously, up before Kenai and threw the young man into the air with the blunt tip of his scythe.

'oh crap' was Kenai's only thought as his fear strickend find was rushing to figure a solution to his problem. He didn't know any magic he could cast from mid-air besides an air spell to catch himself with. But that wouldn't stop Marluxia's scythe from swinging through him.
Old Posted 04-25-2014, 08:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Seeker of Souls
Default   #11  
((Nah it's fine. XD
And holy post batman. XD
Sorry I havn't replied as of late, life stuff and business. I should be good for a while, now.))

'Hmm. I'll say...'

Croire took a quick look at the wound Kenai had suffered at the hands of the enemy, analyzing it well.
His face quickly turned in surprise when he was brought to his senses seeing Kenai knocked around.

Croire saw the mysterious man appear suddenly, and wielding such a weapon with ease!
Croire was too busy lost in thought as to see if he could remember such a man, and didn't notice the spell the man had readied. He saw Kenai come to his rescue in a rather... comical attempt. Nevertheless, he felt gratitude, and watching Kenai go up through the air, he knew what he had to do.

Croire quickly dashed into Marluxia with his keyblade with a force that sent him sprawling back. Marluxia, however, quickly regained balance in mid-air and landed on his feet. Croire, however, only needed to get him out of the way.

'Oomph...' he let out, as he caught Kenai falling into his arms. He set him down quicly, turning his attention back to Marluxia.

'I don't know who you are, but I already know I don't like you...'
'What is it that you want?'

Croire pointed his keyblade at Marluxia, an attempt to make a threatening stance.
My Hangout

My Quest Thread
Last edited by Vincent; 05-04-2014 at 04:20 AM.
Old Posted 05-04-2014, 04:10 AM Reply With Quote