Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #33  
[[OKay, nighty night Xero. I'll fix that post right after this. ^_^
EDIT: done]]
Last edited by Kenai; 04-04-2014 at 01:25 AM.
Old Posted 04-04-2014, 01:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Abaddon was confused, this place looked no different than anyplace else he’d been in the swamp. The only point to note was the large amounts of magic, and then he noticed that the other was putting a protection spell on him, why would he do that? As soon as Thauron began casting his first spell The Demon gasped and then growled angrily.

“I knew it! You backstabbing cur!”

Abaddon was honestly caught off guard and couldn’t react properly. He didn’t have time to prevent the other from casting his spells with rapid succession. Lucky bastard The Demon felt the spells encoding rules onto him. Damn, it would be a while if he wanted to decode it himself. Elf magic wasn’t something he had the chance to learn. Elves and Humans found some form of peace AFTER he was sealed. And he couldn’t see what they were developing presently.

He swiftly turned to the older elf and held out a hand. The shadows around him were sliding up to his neck and tried to strangle him. Abaddon felt something very wrong happening so he let the other go. Instead he casted the spell he used to bring Thauron. The shadows that were previously strangling the elf were now wrapping around him and began to pull him into the puddle of darkness beneath him.

“So you made it so I couldn’t kill you, big deal. I’ll just be sending you back to where you were. I’ll be taking Sid now. So take a good look at him because it’ll probably the last time you will. I’ll see to that. Also I’ll figure out what the other spell is. I can undo it so that won’t be a problem. Have fun.”

The Demon nodded as he watched the other sink into the puddle and resurface back on the ship he was in. Once Thauron was gone, the shield protecting Sid faded. The Demon walked over and picked the boy up.

“Okay master off we go.”

The Demon began to walk off with Sid in tow when suddenly tree began coming to life and encircled him. Great, he believed he figured out what the other spell was.

“What do I have to do to get out of here!? Burn the whole damn swamp to the ground!?”

You know, that wasn’t such a bad idea. Not only he could get out of here but also he could show the others who they were messing with. Abaddon covered both him and Sid in a shield. This Shield would protect them from the fire and the stupid forest.

Abaddon created a focus with his hand and allowed the fire to spark from a close tree. Soon the fires spread quickly; one after another the trees were burning. Abaddon then walked with the shield still protecting them. In a matter of hours the swamp would be gone. Demons were destructive in that sense, even though he would destroy a whole swamp, something new would come from it. It’s how life and death works. That’s why it doesn’t bother The Demon that he’s destroying homes of animals and maybe people. They will find their own way, and someday something better will be here.

Abaddon shifted his form and Sid’s so they looked like a father and son. No one would question them should they get into town.
It's me.
Old Posted 04-04-2014, 07:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #35  
[[uh oh Abbadon you really shouldn't have done that. Avatar state activate! =p I have no idea where this is going to go now. Abbadon can't lose so how will he beat Sid in this state?]]

There wasn't audible sound but somehow the screams of the trees could be heard when the fire hit them. The original four were swinging in with full might against the shield. The murky waters in the muddy forest stirred from their pools to put out fires spreading out from the demon but as the fires were extinguish the demon came starting more and more. More than trees were striking the shield now. It seemed the whole forest was striking the shield now by whatever means it had and to no avail. They burned and they screamed.

The nearest vegetation was now charred black. The spirits of the forest didn't have strength to harm their aggressor but behind the shield they felt a familiar and powerful blood. The being went unnoticed at first because it was so weak but now they he was noticed the spirits joined together. Various shades of green, gold, blue, and other colors combined in front of the flames and shot through the hazard like arrow and into the shield. The energy adjusted to the shield enough for some to break through and reach the little elf in the demon's arm.

For the first time in the last hour Sid stirred. Then with a sudden ferocity the young boy screamed. "AHHHHHH!" his voice should have been small but the forest itself seemed to scream with him. With a burst of telekinetic force the elf pushed himself out of Abbadon's arm. He was no longer himself but a conduit for all the latent power the forest could not normally tap into itself. His eyes glowed bright white, the light even shone from his mouth when he screamed. It was pure energy coming from him.

Thauron, weak as he was, felt what was happening below the airship. "Leave. Now. Forest hurt...will kill...all that doesn't belong." With a shudder he was out again but his words were relayed to Master Dillamond. True the man had no love for elves but the forest's screams were touching a primal part of him. The ships were departing and just as they started clumps of mud started to hurl up from the depts of the swamp and ramming the bow of the ship.

Back on the forest floor Sid looked at the demon with fury. Energy erupted from his body and formed 2 Sid doppelgangers and they each attacked in succession. The first formed a barrier in front of the trio, the second one hurled an ice spear, and the third called on lightning from the skies. It would be interesting to note only one of the doppelgangers had the hellish tattoo. It glowed and spun furiously. That Sid seemed to be in the most pain as well.
Old Posted 04-04-2014, 11:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
((I think Abaddon will play it safe and try to fix the mess he’s made. I think sid is influencing the humanity he lost. Lol I thin sid is domesticating abaddon. ))

The forest seemed to be charring as The Demon expected. But something went horribly wrong. Of course he could hear the screams of the spirits but they seemed to be calling for help. The only one who seemed to answer was the unconscious elf. He awoke with a scream but it was not only his own. It seemed to be the voice of the forest.

Abaddon was knocked back and then Sid…. Sid felt something otherworldly. It felt all too familiar to Abaddon. Did he know the spirit that controlled Sid? He didn’t have time to ponder the question as clones that Sid created attacked him. One put up a shield, another tried to impale him with a spear made of ice, and the last one summon a lightning storm. There was no way he could tackle all of these without hurting Sid. He noted how the other was in pain. Damn it seems the world around him has changed so much in the last hundred years he was gone. There was never this much of consequence when he destroyed things. Now it was like whatever he destroyed tries to destroy him.

Abaddon was kind of stuck, for once the hotheaded, hit first and ask questions later demon was at wits end. He still didn’t understand his bind with the elf. So he couldn’t kill him, not that he would want to. It’s not like he likes him or anything! It’s just that the kid kind of grew on him. Yeah, he really did. Now The Demon won’t express such like or admit he did. He really did mess up this time now did he? There was one alternative, he hated it because it would require him to apologize and admit he was wrong. But it was his only choice he had to do it. He just hoped that Sid would not be conscious to see this.

Abaddon produced a shield of his own, that way the clones would not disturb him. The Demon began create a focus, not just a focus but a summoning focus. This would require a lot of magic so there would be a lot of recovery time needed. He already exhausted a lot of magic. It didn’t bother him now, until he had to do this summoning. The summoning circle began when the demon bit his thumb and wrote the first summoning rune. The rune began to grow white and began to spread out to form a circle. As it tried to reach both ends, more runes were made. These actual runes were seen in the old druid temple. This meaning Abaddon actually knew some Dryad magic. Once the circle was completed the circle began to turn green. The ground underneath began to brim with life. The flowers and grass that was burned there began a new. The grass was greener than it was before and the flowers were brighter and just more beautiful than they were previously.

There was a bright light and a figure was coming out of the ground. The figure appeared to be animal like in appearance. As soon as the creature was summoned, the light began to fade to reveal a doe. A large doe with grass on top of her head and antlers made of branches. The grass started from on top of her head and trailed down her spine. Flowers were covering the grass all on her back. Her face wasn’t a face of a doe but that of a mortal woman. The ground beneath her was livelier now that she was on the mortal plane. She stared at The Demon unfazed by his presence. She had an inviting aura that made Abaddon sick to his stomach. He looked at her also unfazed; it was like they respected both of their presence. Something Abaddon would never be caught doing. But this was an emergency.
“Spirit of forests. I….I…I have made an error in judgment. I was cursed to be unable to leave the forest so I thought burning it down would solve my dilemma but as you can see it has not. Because of my lack of judgment the forest possessed my master and id trying to kill everyone. Now I don’t care for the other but the elf, he only matters. The only way to save him is to restore the forest as it was. I have summoned you knowing you and only you can do this. So I The Demon known as Abaddon need your help. Will you help me?”

The spirit stared at Abaddon before trotting off into the forest. As she did the flames extinguished and the charred forest was being restored, the doe trotted over the burned areas and restoring the life into the burned areas. Abaddon hoped that the forest dwellers would see that he admitted his error and is fixing the problem. The Demon’s body quivered, he over exerted his ability summoning a near god like deity like the forest spirit. Once the healing was done she would disappear. The Demon looked at Sid, waiting for the forest’s reaction. They better hurry because he was feeling light headed.
It's me.
Old Posted 04-05-2014, 02:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Default   #37  
((I think Abaddon will play it safe and try to fix the mess he’s made. I think sid is influencing the humanity he lost. Lol I thin sid is domesticating abaddon. ))

The forest seemed to be charring as The Demon expected. But something went horribly wrong. Of course he could hear the screams of the spirits but they seemed to be calling for help. The only one who seemed to answer was the unconscious elf. He awoke with a scream but it was not only his own. It seemed to be the voice of the forest.

Abaddon was knocked back and then Sid…. Sid felt something otherworldly. It felt all too familiar to Abaddon. Did he know the spirit that controlled Sid? He didn’t have time to ponder the question as clones that Sid created attacked him. One put up a shield, another tried to impale him with a spear made of ice, and the last one summon a lightning storm. There was no way he could tackle all of these without hurting Sid. He noted how the other was in pain. Damn it seems the world around him has changed so much in the last hundred years he was gone. There was never this much of consequence when he destroyed things. Now it was like whatever he destroyed tries to destroy him.

Abaddon was kind of stuck, for once the hotheaded, hit first and ask questions later demon was at wits end. He still didn’t understand his bind with the elf. So he couldn’t kill him, not that he would want to. It’s not like he likes him or anything! It’s just that the kid kind of grew on him. Yeah, he really did. Now The Demon won’t express such like or admit he did. He really did mess up this time now did he? There was one alternative, he hated it because it would require him to apologize and admit he was wrong. But it was his only choice he had to do it. He just hoped that Sid would not be conscious to see this.

Abaddon produced a shield of his own, that way the clones would not disturb him. The Demon began create a focus, not just a focus but a summoning focus. This would require a lot of magic so there would be a lot of recovery time needed. He already exhausted a lot of magic. It didn’t bother him now, until he had to do this summoning. The summoning circle began when the demon bit his thumb and wrote the first summoning rune. The rune began to grow white and began to spread out to form a circle. As it tried to reach both ends, more runes were made. These actual runes were seen in the old druid temple. This meaning Abaddon actually knew some Dryad magic. Once the circle was completed the circle began to turn green. The ground underneath began to brim with life. The flowers and grass that was burned there began a new. The grass was greener than it was before and the flowers were brighter and just more beautiful than they were previously.

There was a bright light and a figure was coming out of the ground. The figure appeared to be animal like in appearance. As soon as the creature was summoned, the light began to fade to reveal a doe. A large doe with grass on top of her head and antlers made of branches. The grass started from on top of her head and trailed down her spine. Flowers were covering the grass all on her back. Her face wasn’t a face of a doe but that of a mortal woman. The ground beneath her was livelier now that she was on the mortal plane. She stared at The Demon unfazed by his presence. She had an inviting aura that made Abaddon sick to his stomach. He looked at her also unfazed; it was like they respected both of their presence. Something Abaddon would never be caught doing. But this was an emergency.
“Spirit of forests. I….I…I have made an error in judgment. I was cursed to be unable to leave the forest so I thought burning it down would solve my dilemma but as you can see it has not. Because of my lack of judgment the forest possessed my master and id trying to kill everyone. Now I don’t care for the other but the elf, he only matters. The only way to save him is to restore the forest as it was. I have summoned you knowing you and only you can do this. So I The Demon known as Abaddon need your help. Will you help me?”

The spirit stared at Abaddon before trotting off into the forest. As she did the flames extinguished and the charred forest was being restored, the doe trotted over the burned areas and restoring the life into the burned areas. Abaddon hoped that the forest dwellers would see that he admitted his error and is fixing the problem. The Demon’s body quivered, he over exerted his ability summoning a near god like deity like the forest spirit. Once the healing was done she would disappear. The Demon looked at Sid, waiting for the forest’s reaction. They better hurry because he was feeling light headed.
It's me.
Old Posted 04-05-2014, 02:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
[[Please forgive this post being a bit uninspired. I've used up all my ideas right for getting these two safely anywhere ^^;]]

Sid's eyes grew wide first with amazement then adoration. He bowed as the great spirit walked past. When he was back up he seemed to look at Abbadon with disdain and uncertainty. Ash was not the only evidence left to remind them of what he had done. There was the damaged mighty tree at the center of the swamp. But while it may be dead, a seedling was already sprouting up in its place.

The little elf floated back to the ground and exhaled all the spirits like it was the easiest thing in the world. Then his body fell. He didn't know where he was yet. His head was pounding. "Make it stop" he whimpered, tears welled up in his eyes yet it didn't make much sound.
Old Posted 04-05-2014, 04:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Default   #39  
((lol that's okay, I spent my best idea on the spirit of forests xD Besides it recovery time. This should buy us some thinking time ))

The Demon weakly stumbled over to the elf, he knocked him out with a spell and attempted hoisted him over his shoulder.
Meanwhile the Spirit of Forests was nearly done with healing the forest. She came over to the seedling; the Spirit shed a single tear. It was all that was needed and the tree grew mighty and tall pretty quickly. The Spirit returned to The Demon and noticed he lacked the strength to even carry the elf out of the forest. Instead the Spirit took both the elf and The Demon and carried them to a hidden cave behind a waterfall. The Spirit placed them both gently on the ground and headed out of the cave. There was a bright light and the Spirit faded away.

The Demon could no longer stay conscious and drifted into darkness. But he wouldn’t have to worry about being found. The Spirit made sure they two were safe and hidden away. The sounds of the falls were kind of soothing, allowing Abaddon to relax and fall asleep.
It's me.
Old Posted 04-05-2014, 04:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
The next morning Sid woke up and found himself leaning on Abbadon's arm. Sadly the insanity of yesterday was all real. There were things he felt happened that he should've remembered but then again a lot of things happened so how could he remember it all?

The forest was already humming with all the wildlife that came out in daylight. He missed the sunrise and normally he was an early riser. Then he asked himself the usual question. Should he get up now or try to carefully move without waking the "person" next to him? Well now was a time to find if Abbadon was a light sleeper or not...

Carefully the little elf moved away and wandered towards the waterfall. Classic cave-behind the waterfall hiding space, he wondered how Abbadon found it. Sid was also curious as to what was behind it, how far had they gone?
Last edited by Kenai; 04-05-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old Posted 04-05-2014, 05:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Default   #41  
((do you think there are others like Sid and Abaddon?))

The Demon felt the elf move but was in too much pain to do anything about it. He simply groaned and turned to his other side and attempted to sleep the pain away. Demons ordinarily don’t need sleep but it helps when they’re trying to regain magic. And Abaddon most definitely used up a lot of Magic yesterday. Especially summoning the Spirit of Forests. He hopes he never has to do that again. But something told with this elf he might be doing it often. Which reminded him, what in the oblivion is up with this kid’s bloodline? The forest spirits shouldn’t have been able to possess him like that. As Abaddon began to wonder he then thought about what Thauron had said to him earlier. Keeping Sid alive was an importance of Politics eh? The Demon reasoned he’d have to speak with the elf on the matter. Just not right now, everything hurt him so bad.

“…Curse that damn long eared leprechaun….”

The Demon murmured as he attempted to drift off once again.
It's me.
Old Posted 04-05-2014, 06:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
[[Personally I would prefer the situation remain unique. But there will undoubtedly bindings between demons and mortals since they like summoning them so often. so what I mean is selfishly I still want the others to somehow be different? ugh I don't know >_<]]

All of yesterday Sid was really nothing more than a deadweight for Abbadon and he felt guilty for that. He needed to get stronger somehow. Well for now he had to think about the good he could do for his new pet demon. They were still within the forests though it was rockier than the previous areas he'd been in.

The waterfall was good, there'd be water somewhere he could use to focus. And it wasn't long til he found a decently sized puddle. 'What should I look at fist?' Despite his expertise in divination he wasn't clear on the finer points of how detectable it made him beyond scrying the school and its staff being a terrible idea.

His stomach gave him his answer. Food was important; he didn't know if demons needed to eat but Abbadon did seem a little grumpier. Sid touched the middle of the puddle lightly, creating a delicate ripple. He hadn't bothered to actually gaze at his reflection yet and see what he looked like but his healed eye made all the difference. The vision was more vivid and quick than he was used to.

He saw the trap he would make to catch a rabbit. Not a big feast yet...he smelled something delicious not far away. The sun's position told him it was nearly noon. If was going to take that long he would need to get started. So he stepped back behind the waterfall and started pulling some of the ties loose from his sleeve.
Old Posted 04-05-2014, 07:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Default   #43  
((Well maybe there could be different types of bindings. Like physical ones, mental ones, and ones that bind the souls. Also once Sid tries the summoning he'll ask the question))

The Demon could hear the elf moving about. Oh what was he doing now? He heard the sounds of the mortal’s stomach growling. Oh yeah, mortals needed food to eat. The Demon sighed; he slowly rose up from the hard stone ground. He groaned cradling his head in his right hand. He slowly turned and wobbled over to the elf and looked at him most unpleasantly.

He paused for a moment; out of nowhere a writing utensil appeared in his hand. It seemed to be fueled with light. The Demon began writing runes in the air with the light writing utensil. He then stood back and looked at Sid.

“This is a focus of summoning, this will give you the food you need. I can’t use magic right now, so what you need to do is create this focus as you did with the water. Imagine these runes in your mind, your brain should be able to read the runes with your magical reserves and you should be able to summon food.”

The Demon then walked over to a nearby wall and leaned against it Waiting for the elf to practice the summoning.
It's me.
Old Posted 04-05-2014, 08:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
If Abbadon didn't seem so serious he would give him a dubious look. Honestly he still didn't believe him, maybe Abbadon was pulling his leg for putting him through so much trouble. "I have never heard of summoning food before..."

Sid stared the runes down a second, biting his lip, as he etched their shapes into his mind. Then he tried to focus on a single kind of food. Not particularly easy as hungry as he was so he focused more on how he wanted that rabbit he saw prepared. Slowly cooked over a spit with lemon and basil and served with various greens. when out it popped easier than a woman birthing a baby. But without a bowl to hold it all. Sid quickly reacted with his elvish reflexes but couldn't catch every green. At least he had the meat.
Old Posted 04-05-2014, 08:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Default   #45  
“Funny, last time I checked you didn’t specialize in summoning magic so what would you know? Summoners make magic to make life easier. Why hunt when you can summon food?”

He watched as the elf summoned a hunk of rabbit meat. The Demon frowned, as he was quite disappointed. He expected like a five course meal. Something nobles eat on a daily basis. Perhaps he isn’t as talented as he thought. Or maybe he was too simple, at this point it was hard to tell.

“Hey Sid, what’s your bloodline like? Anyone famous in the old family tree?"
It's me.
Old Posted 04-05-2014, 08:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Sid looked up from his food. "Wha?" But that was all he could get out before the demon continued. Not that he could say much more with food in his mouth. Still the questions came flying out of Abbadon's mouth before he could really process what he was being asked. What Sid could hear however was how it sounded very much like an interrogation.

He had an urge to scratch his head "huh why are you so interested in my family anyway?" The demon's eyes were baring into him, Sid flinched. So he did what his stomach wanted him to, he eat bits of rabbit and sat against the wall.

"My family did some notable things but they did horrible things too. I'm too young to really know more than what adults are willing to tell me. My father fought in the most recent war with the human kingdom known as Artea. He wasn't the same when he came back." Sid felt rather sad about that, "But my mother-"

He remembered something about their relationship. "Why are you asking these suddenly? Tell me." He commanded.
Old Posted 04-05-2014, 10:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Default   #47  
Nothing too defining, his father wasn’t the same? Was that good thing or a bad thing? Maybe there was more to his bloodline than he actually knows. Abaddon was in deep thought, he always wanted to go into elven territory and steal something from there. He hadn’t seen the place since he gave that elf control of the land. It was rather dinky when he last saw it. Abaddon wondered, how much has it flourished? How much was changed? Now that destroying things actually were of consequence since being binded to Sid, he wondered what else had changed.

Abaddon looked up when Sid ordered him to tell him why he was asking these questions.

“Well it was something that the fool Thauron said. You missed a lot while you were unconscious. He said keeping you alive was a political priority. Then when I set the forest ablaze the spirits of the forest possessed you. Not any creature or take a form that could converse. They came to you; something inside you resonates with them. And I bet it has something to do with that Thauron said. And if that’s the case we have to have a good hard look into your family bloodline. There’s something nasty a foot.”

The Demon looked to Sid. He knew the other would believe him. He demanded that he tell him, he can’t lie to the creature. And even if he could he could see the memory where it took place. Sid was of much importance than he was lead to believe.

“Hmm I wonder if you’re related to the Lord Aolis…” The Demon mused. “This might be worse than I thought if you’re a descendant to him….”
It's me.
Old Posted 04-05-2014, 10:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
While still just a child he was an observant one. "You're trying to figure out the binding so you can undo it aren't you?" Sid wasn't entirely sure he wanted that. He had seen the kinds of things Abbadon would do, though he didn't remember a portion of it or knew he could access the demon's memory at will. But what else was there to do? Wandering around and hiding wasn't much of a life style they needed a purpose. Simply commanding the demon to behave and do what he wanted for the rest of his life sounded tiresome. Sid felt old just thinking about it.

"There's more to my family history that I do know but I've never heard of a Lord Aolis before. Politics are complicated but it might be as simple as the fact Artea had a demon on their lands and apparently brought there by an elf sent to forge peace with the humans there." Elves lived long lives and tended to remember much. Sid knew they would have to break into the archives of his own home to learn more. But he didn't voice it, he didn't even want to think it. Abbadon burned everything and laughed about it. He didn't want that happening to his home.

"I also have an older sister, she will know more. My protection spells are from my mother. Gilrin has it too, she was married to some nobleman whose father makes airships for the Artean fleet. She's probably at the capital." Sid stood up looking very eager to continue on with their journey.
Old Posted 04-05-2014, 11:26 PM Reply With Quote